Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Father's Superior Plan A=

“It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance–the forgiveness of our offences–so abundant was God’s grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the mystery of His will. And this is in harmony with God’s merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it-- the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you…”

Inferior plan b=

When in doubt consult Plan A

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Plan A: Keep one long-running thread about a subject open indefinitely, even if you're the only one posting.

Plan B: Saturate the Controversial Theology section with threads about the same subject, so they can't ignore it anymore.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Plan A: Keep one long-running thread about a subject open indefinitely, even if you're the only one posting.

Yikes: are my eyes failing me? Is the lonely vigil by myself being invaded by a real human?

Dear Non: it is a pleasure having you drop in. Perhaps you and I (at least) can keep this thread alive for a few fleeting moments.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ultimate Plan A =

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness"

Inferior plan b=

There is NO alternate plan.

Please consult Ultimate Plan A.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ultimate Plan A =

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness"

Inferior plan b=

There is NO alternate plan.

Please consult Ultimate Plan A.

There was the old plan that Israel would be the light to the nations.

“I, the LORD, have called you for a righteous purpose, and I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and appoint you to be a covenant for the people and a light to the nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring prisoners out of the dungeon, and those sitting in darkness out from the prison house." (Isa 42:6)

But Israel bombed out and was led into captivity herself. Never mind, says the Almighty, it's all under control, I'll send my servant Jesus to save you - and everyone else!

The LORD has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. (52:10)

Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn. (60:3)

And we see in Revelation:

...the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp. By its light the nations will walk, and into it the kings of the earth will bring their glory...And into the city will be brought the glory and honor of the nations. (21:23, 24, 26)

Praise the Lord, Plan B was Plan A all along, and Jesus saves the world! Good news for all!

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Israel=

* A beautiful woman (full of promise).

* Eagerly entered into marriage with God.

* Vowing unto Him as she entered (all will we do & be obedient).

* Was NOT a faithful wife (did not behave as a faithful wife).

* She was disobedient.

* She became worse than a common street harlot.

YET>>>YET>>>YET>>>

Simeon has declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who does all these things."

Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.”

Praise the Lord, Plan B was Plan A all along, and Jesus saves the world! Good news for all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
PLAN A=

"The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

Alternate inferior plan=

Sorry, there is no alternate Plan. Please check your parameters and try again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Alternate plan=

My dear child, my son and daughter, just want you to know, if you wander off and become lost in the woods, you must come find me. I'm not wasting my time looking for you. You got lost, its your fault.
Love, Dad.

The Father of all father's Plan>>>>>

My dear child, my son and daughter, just want you to know, if you wander off and become lost in the woods, stay put and I will find you. If you must, follow the river or creek, but beware of the critters that may drink from it. And I will find you!
smile.gif

54857-33934-066.jpg

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Alternate plan b=

That I may know all the Bible with all the nuances.

The Father of all father's Plan>>>>>

This is life eternal that we may know You. -John 17.3

That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death. Phil. 3:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Plan A: To take up Jesus's invitation to live life abundantly (John 10:10). To be grateful for every new day, and to welcome every opportunity it brings (Matthew 6:34). To be a good and faithful steward and to take care of the beautiful world that God has created, including its plants, animals and natural resources. To follow Jesus's commandment to love one another (John 13:34-35), to cherish those that have been created in his image (Genesis 1:27) and to see others through the eyes of grace. To welcome Christ in the stranger's guise (Matthew 25:35) and to be a friend towards those in need (Isaiah 58:7). To strive always for peace, forgiveness and reconciliation, to take on Jesus's challenge to love all, even our worst enemies (Matthew 5:44). To guard ourselves against the folly of pursuing material things, realising that what we truly love and trust is often revealed to us during their absence.

Plan B: ????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Plan A: To take up Jesus's invitation to live life abundantly (John 10:10). To be grateful for every new day, and to welcome every opportunity it brings (Matthew 6:34). To be a good and faithful steward and to take care of the beautiful world that God has created, including its plants, animals and natural resources. To follow Jesus's commandment to love one another (John 13:34-35), to cherish those that have been created in his image (Genesis 1:27) and to see others through the eyes of grace. To welcome Christ in the stranger's guise (Matthew 25:35) and to be a friend towards those in need (Isaiah 58:7). To strive always for peace, forgiveness and reconciliation, to take on Jesus's challenge to love all, even our worst enemies (Matthew 5:44). To guard ourselves against the folly of pursuing material things, realising that what we truly love and trust is often revealed to us during their absence.

Plan B: ????

Dear Anthony: It is always a pleasure seeing you again. You have just given us another outstanding post!

Your Plan B: ????

Sorry, there is no alternate Plan. Please check your parameters and try again.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was the old plan that Israel would be the light to the nations.

“I, the LORD, have called you for a righteous purpose, and I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and appoint you to be a covenant for the people and a light to the nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring prisoners out of the dungeon, and those sitting in darkness out from the prison house." (Isa 42:6)

But Israel bombed out and was led into captivity herself. Never mind, says the Almighty, it's all under control, I'll send my servant Jesus to save you - and everyone else!

The LORD has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. (52:10)

Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn. (60:3)

And we see in Revelation:

...the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp. By its light the nations will walk, and into it the kings of the earth will bring their glory...And into the city will be brought the glory and honor of the nations. (21:23, 24, 26)

That's good.
Reminds me how we gentiles are of the faith of Abraham. (not Moses)
So, in essence the new covenant (Abraham) came before the old covenant (Moses).

There is no Plan B.

Romans 4:16
Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alternate plan b =

We choose to be lost sinners by our own willingness.

Father's Superior Plan A =

"For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope..."
In my mind's eye, I see a funnel (plan A). Humankind attempts to fill the large end with all sorts of human reasoning and "stuff" to give it meaning (plan B). But... as is the nature of a funnel, it eventually leads to a narrowing. In the end plan A is the only thing left. When every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did the Son of Man succeed or fail at his mission?
Was his mission to fill heaven, or to fill hell?

Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did the Son of Man succeed or fail at his mission?
Was his mission to fill heaven, or to fill hell?

Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hm that's tough. Well, in my magnanimous Calvinist funny hat, I'd have to say Jesus' mission is to save the elect. The rest are predetermined to damnation, that's hardwired he can't change that. Actually the elect were predetermined to salvation, so he can't change that either. But if he hadn't paid the price, we wouldn't know that, man. So those verses need to be understood in that context, alright.

The answer of course is Plan A, for Jesus did not come to condemn the world, but that it might be saved through him. So all mankind can come to a knowledge of the truth and God will be all in all. Salvation is his name, salvation is his aim, and salvation is game set and match to God by the mighty power of His right arm.

Now if anything's assured, it's the total victory of Christ. He has the keys to death, and he does use them to liberate the captives, the keys to hell, and he frees the slaves. It's the jubilee of jubilees.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hm that's tough. Well, in my magnanimous Calvinist funny hat, I'd have to say Jesus' mission is to save the elect. The rest are predetermined to damnation, that's hardwired he can't change that. Actually the elect were predetermined to salvation, so he can't change that either. But if he hadn't paid the price, we wouldn't know that, man. So those verses need to be understood in that context, alright.

The answer of course is Plan A, for Jesus did not come to condemn the world, but that it might be saved through him. So all mankind can come to a knowledge of the truth and God will be all in all. Salvation is his name, salvation is his aim, and salvation is game set and match to God by the mighty power of His right arm.

Now if anything's assured, it's the total victory of Christ. He has the keys to death, and he does use them to liberate the captives, the keys to hell, and he frees the slaves. It's the jubilee of jubilees.
That's good.
It seems that we can find God no matter where we find ourselves.

Psalm 139:8 KJV
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there:
if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That's good.
It seems that we can find God no matter where we find ourselves.

Psalm 139:8 KJV
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there:
if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Dear Saint: In every place we find ourselves is the Lord of Glory waiting for us. His steadfast love never ceases, His patience follows right behind. We don't actually find God, He finds us, and what a grande day that is!

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me...

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Saint: In every place we find ourselves is the Lord of Glory waiting for us. His steadfast love never ceases, His patience follows right behind. We don't actually find God, He finds us, and what a grande day that is!

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me...
So true. I can testify to that.

I was raised in a Christian home. My earliest memories were of a church-attending clan. I found myself at Summer camp in a morning chapel meeting. I knew that many of the other kids were not raised in a Christian home as was I. Having concern for their "lost" souls I was looking around during the invitation, even though we were instructed that every head be bowed and every eye closed. I longed to see which child would raise a hand and receive the Lord of Glory. At that moment my heavenly Father tapped on my shoulder to deliver an important message. "If you think it is so important, why haven't you done it?" I rose to my feet and went forward without hesitation, not waiting to be instructed to do so. (nor the least bit concerned that the creator of all things had just whispered in my ear) Seemed a "natural" occurrence to me.

Ironically, the man who led me to Christ was the son of the man who led my father to Christ.

Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0