• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning Almost killed myself today

kurayami

Mar 4, 2011
Morwell
Visit site
✟8,365.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm weaning off seroquel, I'm down to 0mg. I am being treated for post traumatic stress disorder but I wanted off the seroquel because I have stopped losing weight. I am replacing the seroquel with Minipress, but that isn't up to a therapeutic dose for PTSD yet.

So this afternoon, I made up my mind to eat all of my leftover seroquel, pristiq and minipress. But in a moment of sanity as I prayed to God, I threw all of my medication in a bag and instead of walking to Aldi to buy alcohol, I walked the 500 metres to my Pastor's house and gave him the pills. I cried, we read the bible and we prayed. He was super helpful and God was kind and I felt better after. My pastor asked me to stay and watch a movie with him and his kids.

I felt much better when I came home, though I still didn't eat. I've stopped eating because I don't deserve food. But one thing at a time.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm weaning off seroquel, I'm down to 0mg. I am being treated for post traumatic stress disorder but I wanted off the seroquel because I have stopped losing weight. I am replacing the seroquel with Minipress, but that isn't up to a therapeutic dose for PTSD yet.

So this afternoon, I made up my mind to eat all of my leftover seroquel, pristiq and minipress. But in a moment of sanity as I prayed to God, I threw all of my medication in a bag and instead of walking to Aldi to buy alcohol, I walked the 500 metres to my Pastor's house and gave him the pills. I cried, we read the bible and we prayed. He was super helpful and God was kind and I felt better after. My pastor asked me to stay and watch a movie with him and his kids.

I felt much better when I came home, though I still didn't eat. I've stopped eating because I don't deserve food. But one thing at a time.
I'm glad that you got through your difficult experience but I would seriously consider accessing some cognitive behavioural therapy or eye movement desensitisation reprocessing for you PTSD symptoms as soon as is practicable.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I'm glad that you got through your difficult experience but I would seriously consider accessing some cognitive behavioural therapy or eye movement desensitisation reprocessing for you PTSD symptoms as soon as is practicable.

I agree with Larnievc. So glad you got out of it okay, though I'd recommend counseling as well to help.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Praying for you that God brings you comfort and protects and heals you with His love.

• Friendly
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0