• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Allergy Shots

well?

• heard of allergy shots?

• do you get them?

• does a friend/family member get them?

• other?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Joy

Embracing life with enthusiasm at every turn...
Jan 31, 2006
College
✟16,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Do you get them? I do, they are helping so far and it has only been a year, Last year at this time I was sick with an allergy induced sinus infection, it lasted a month. This year I am finally off Flonase and can breath (semi) easy with out it. It feels good. However I am still totally dependent on Zyrtec, if I don't take it my eyes get puffy and my throat itches and I tend to get hives... So, I am afraid to even try to go off it a day, it is RAGWEED season here, and we have this lovely field of it in our side yard, many acres... Anyway allergy shots...:thumbsup:

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you get them? I do, they are helping so far and it has only been a year, Last year at this time I was sick with an allergy induced sinus infection, it lasted a month. This year I am finally off Flonase and can breath (semi) easy with out it. It feels good. However I am still totally dependent on Zyrtec, if I don't take it my eyes get puffy and my throat itches and I tend to get hives... So, I am afraid to even try to go off it a day, it is RAGWEED season here, and we have this lovely field of it in our side yard, many acres... Anyway allergy shots...:thumbsup:
I've had two different times that I have gotten allergy shots and I also had sinus surgery in 1993. None of it helps me at all. If it gets really bad then I need something like Zyrtec or something like that as a prescription which helps some.

Upvote 0

Kellylaine

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2005
✟7,484.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know I need to take them. It seems like I have become allergic possibly to nuts and also mabey coconut too ! The doctor dosent know really whats wrong with me. I spend a lot of time there.

Upvote 0

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No allergic shots for me. Though I have considered them and still am considering them.

My mother received shots over 20 years ago. (OK, my mom has passed away 10 years ago this year so that must be more like 30 years ago). I remember her sharing with me that she was extremely allergic before getting those shots and after the treatment she was healed of her allergies. She had highly encouraged me to get shots.

Maybe, one day...

One of my aunts (my moms sister) told me that homeopathy actually healed her of allergies and she was highly allergic...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.