Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you ever find allegories in your daily life that reflect your spiritual path? I do.

I cleaned out the sink in my artist studio today which was so disgusting and built up with all the detritus of every creative project I've had for the past year that it was blocked and no longer functioning as a sink, it reminded me of all the rubbish I have created and put in my brain for such a long time, thinking if I kept all my angry thoughts a secret it would be OK, just like my studio is private and my house is a showcase, I have only let people see the lovely side of me, but I and God knows what a mess has lurked in private.
I set to cleaning out that sink today with a purpose, far cleaner than it needs to be for a studio sink, but if it is a metaphor for my soul I got it very clean, but not perfect.
I read something recently about chasing out demons, but once you've cleaned yourself out, if you don't replace the empty space with God they wonder the earth looking for a resting place and finding none, they will come back to the place they lived in with even worse demons, sobering stuff!
Please let me know what allegories you have noticed in your life?

Reactions: icxn

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good topic thanks...

I once stood on the sea shore watching a mother duck with several ducklings trying to swim across to a small island.

As I watched, one duckling didn't keep up and became separated from the rest.

While watching this I got the sense that God was going to show me something...

Then it happened - a large sea bird flew down out of the sky and picked the duckling to bits.

And God said - stay in close fellowship or you will be vulnerable to spiritual attack.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm on a more productive end of that scale in that having caught up on work that had been long neglected I now focus on improvements and upgrades (speaking mainly of my job, not me personally).

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lately I’ve been debunking a lot of isms commonly shared in Christian circles. I’ve looked at them from different angles and tested the theories. In many instances its pop psychology with a religious flavor and doesn’t paint God in the best light when things don’t go as planned.

Pinning things on Him He didn’t say or do is wrong. It often wreaks havoc on our faith and leads us to believe God is neglecting us...ignoring us...or holding out.

I’ve rejected the slogans and returned to my roots so to speak. The teachings I received were sound and balanced. Not the modern woo woo I’ve encountered as of late.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lately I’ve been debunking a lot of isms commonly shared in Christian circles. I’ve looked at them from different angles and tested the theories. In many instances its pop psychology with a religious flavor and doesn’t paint God in the best light when things don’t go as planned.

Pinning things on Him He didn’t say or do is wrong. It often wreaks havoc on our faith and leads us to believe God is neglecting us...ignoring us...or holding out.

I’ve rejected the slogans and returned to my roots so to speak. The teachings I received were sound and balanced. Not the modern woo woo I’ve encountered as of late.

Yours in His Service,

~bella
Should I take that as a rebuke?

Upvote 0