America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus commanded His Disciples to preach the Kingdom of God it was only for the Jews, for Jesus knew He had to fulfil The word as the Jewish Messiah.
Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. vs John 7

Matthew 28:16-20 Then the Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and disciple always the Nation, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 10:5--Matthew 11:1 is one long commandment from Jesus to His Galilean Disciples, saying whom to teach and what to teach them:

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel; and as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Matthew 10:5-7 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Therefore, the 11 of Galilee were forever commanded this about Paul's gentiles: "Go not into the way of the gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not"

Paul proves to your satisfaction that he is your gentile apostle.
Galatians 2:7-9 says the same thing...
That they are two separate gospels for two different peoples.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
1 Kings 8:46 "When they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin..."
Here King Solomon acknowledges that everyone sins. 100%. This is proof that every person has a sinful nature, Israelites and Jews included.

John 3:20-21 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Esaias 66:2 For all these things are Mine, saith the Lord: and to whom will I have respect, but to the humble and meek, and the man that trembles at My words?LXX

Michaeas 6:8 Has it not been told thee, O man, what is good? or what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justice, and love mercy, and be ready to walk with the Lord thy God?LXX

All the scriptures you quoted encourage regenerate people, not unregenerate. When Jesus said "you must be born again," He was referring to every single person, since no one is born connected to God.

For anyone to be saved, they must be born of God by the Holy Spirit through hearing the gospel preached. If they are not born again, they are not believers, and "the wrath of God abideth on them." (Jn. 3:36) For those who are born again,

"we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which He ordained we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
Paul never uses the term born again... he says new creation.
You're comparing apples with brussel sprouts.

Galatians 2:7-9 is actually Galatians 3:5 VERSUS John 14:15-17

As you say, Paul preaches the gospel to them, they believe and are new creations.
VERSUS
Jesus says if ye love Me keep My commandments and I will pray the Father who will give you the Holy Spirit. ........ Keeping Commandments is Law-keeping 101.

In John 3, Jesus is speaking to Nicodemas, of the circumcision... not to every single person. Because the Law and Order of God is what draws people to the Father. So, these people are the men God gave to Jesus:

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 17:6-8 I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world: Thine they were, and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever Thou hast given Me are of Thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which Thou gavest Me; and they have received [them], and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send Me.

This is the prayer in the garden given for the Galilean Apostles and those who believe on Jesus because of their words. John 12:44 says we who believe the words recorded by these men believe on the Father... which is what John 17:6-8 says. Think of it this way: the men who had belonged to the Father were already keeping His Commandments, so they wouldn't have believed something taught against His Commandments. Which means that what Jesus taught is what the Father taught Moses and the Prophets... which is where the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven comes from in the first place.

So... the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is only received in the soil where the Law of God lives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟154,100.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
John 3:20-21 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Esaias 66:2 For all these things are Mine, saith the Lord: and to whom will I have respect, but to the humble and meek, and the man that trembles at My words?LXX

Michaeas 6:8 Has it not been told thee, O man, what is good? or what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justice, and love mercy, and be ready to walk with the Lord thy God?LXX

Galatians 2:7-9 is actually Galatians 3:5 VERSUS John 14:15-17

As you say, Paul preaches the gospel to them, they believe and are new creations.
VERSUS
Jesus says if ye love Me keep My commandments and I will pray the Father who will give you the Holy Spirit. ........ Keeping Commandments is Law-keeping 101.

In John 3, Jesus is speaking to Nicodemas, of the circumcision... not to every single person. Because the Law and Order of God is what draws people to the Father. So, these people are the men God gave to Jesus:

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 17:6-8 I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world: Thine they were, and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever Thou hast given Me are of Thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which Thou gavest Me; and they have received [them], and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send Me.

This is the prayer in the garden given for the Galilean Apostles and those who believe on Jesus because of their words. John 12:44 says we who believe the words recorded by these men believe on the Father... which is what John 17:6-8 says. Think of it this way: the men who had belonged to the Father were already keeping His Commandments, so they wouldn't have believed something taught against His Commandments. Which means that what Jesus taught is what the Father taught Moses and the Prophets... which is where the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven comes from in the first place.

So... the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is only received in the soil where the Law of God lives.

Nope. New creation and born again are merely different terms for the same experience. Also called "born of God" and "raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly places" and "regenerated" and "baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ." All descriptions of the conversion experience, for Jews and gentiles alike.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟516,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. vs John 7

Matthew 28:16-20 Then the Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and disciple always the Nation, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 10:5--Matthew 11:1 is one long commandment from Jesus to His Galilean Disciples, saying whom to teach and what to teach them:

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel; and as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Matthew 10:5-7 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Therefore, the 11 of Galilee were forever commanded this about Paul's gentiles: "Go not into the way of the gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not"

Ephesians 4:4-6 you overlook this in your statement

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Nope. New creation and born again are merely different terms for the same experience. Also called "born of God" and "raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly places" and "regenerated" and "baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ." All descriptions of the conversion experience, for Jews and gentiles alike.

New creation gentiles:
Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 2:7-9

Born again Israelites:
John 14:15-17 If ye love Me keep My Commandments and the Father will give you the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Ephesians 4:4-6 you overlook this in your statement

Maybe Galatians 2:7-9 overlooks Ephesians 4:4-6, but Philippians 3:2-3 doesn't.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟154,100.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
New creation gentiles:
Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Born again Israelites:
John 14:15-17 If ye love Me keep My Commandments and the Father will give you the Holy Spirit.
Are you trying to say that the gospel to the gentiles is a different gospel than the gospel to the Jews? It appears this is what you're saying, and if so, you are completely wrong on the matter. The Jews have a different set of rules they live by, but it has nothing to do with salvation in Christ. The one and only gospel is the gospel of our salvation, and is for everyone, Jews included. The verses you cite do not in any way support your thesis that the Jews have a different gospel than the gentiles. If you think this, then you are in error.
Gal. 1:8-9, and there were Jews in many of those churches, and John also was overseer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
New creation gentiles:

Born again Israelites:

Are you trying to say that the gospel to the gentiles is a different gospel than the gospel to the Jews? It appears this is what you're saying, and if so, you are completely wrong on the matter. The Jews have a different set of rules they live by, but it has nothing to do with salvation in Christ. The one and only gospel is the gospel of our salvation, and is for everyone, Jews included. The verses you cite do not in any way support your thesis that the Jews have a different gospel than the gentiles. If you think this, then you are in error.
Gal. 1:8-9, and there were Jews in many of those churches, and John also was overseer.

What on Earth makes you think John has anything to do with Paul's gentiles? We know for a fact that John was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel... and told specifically to NOT go to Samaritans and other gentiles. Why are you supposing that John broke Matthew 28:18-20? Do you think Jesus would have come to John with the Revelation, if that were true?

Think hard about what you're saying. Then the only thing that makes any sense is that both Matthew 10:5-7 and Galatians 2:7-9 are true. Which James, Cephas and John? is the Galatians question. (I don't have to ask, because I know where the circumcision went, and what the circumcision taught.)

Jesus uses the word Israelite for Nathanael, John 1:47... and says the lost sheep of the house of Israel, twice. And says some say they're Judeans and are not, twice. Salvation is of Judah: meaning that one tribe. Revelation 7:4 says they're collectively called the chidren of Israel. Because Names DO Matter.

Now... if you haven't noticed the difference between...
John 14:15-17 born again by commandment-keeping
versus
Galatians 3:1-5 new creation by faith apart from works
then let me I ask you, Why on Earth not?

Obviously the people of Asia turned from Paul to the Gospel of the Kingdom which was being taught by John to the churches of Asia... and apparently taught by 1 Peter 1 in Galatia, Pontus, etc... and Galatians 1:6 and Galatians 3:5 prove it.

If you're not looking for what Jesus taught His circumcision, then by all means, turn to the gospel of the uncircumcision. Revelation 12:17 says the dragon hates commandment-keepers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟154,100.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What on Earth makes you think John has anything to do with Paul's gentiles?
Because it's the SAME gospel. The theology and soteriology taught by both is exactly the same. Like I said, if you think the gospel they preach is different and has opposing ideas, you are wrong.

We know for a fact that John was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel... and told specifically to NOT go to Samaritans and other gentiles. Why are you supposing that John broke Matthew 28:18-20? Do you think Jesus would have come to John with the Revelation, if that were true?

Think hard about what you're saying. Then the only thing that makes any sense is that both Matthew 10:5-7 and Galatians 2:7-9 are true. Which James, Cephas and John? is the Galatians question. (I don't have to ask, because I know where the circumcision went, and what the circumcision taught.)

Mat. 28 was for THAT TIME, just as Jesus said He was sent to the House of Israel - Mat. 15:24. So if what you say is true, then Jesus was not sent to the gentiles, and the gentiles are not saved!! But on the contrary, Jesus commanded all His disciples (which excluded Paul) to go into ALL the world after His resurrection - Mat. 28:19 is His command ("all nations" includes gentiles), and Acts 1:8 is His prophecy for them. Therefore, your assumption that Mat. 10:5-7 is a command for ALL TIME is erroneous.

Gal. 2:7-9 simply means that the ministry of the ONE TRUE gospel was divied up between them. Peter went to the Jews (at that time) because he was more fitted to serve them, and the Jews who knew the OT scriptures did not need a lot of explanation, even though both were well-versed in Jewish tradition. Paul went to the gentiles because he had the philosophical education by which to communicate to the gentiles better.

And to think that Peter never ministered to the gentiles would be wrong, since he went to Antioch where the church consisted of both Jews and gentiles (Gal. 2:11), where also Paul rebuked him for his separatist attitude (you might learn something here).

And besides this, I've been thinking long and hard about all this for 46 years. Regardless how long you have been studying this, you're wrong about it. IMO you need to learn from different teachers.

Jesus uses the word Israelite for Nathanael, John 1:47... and says the lost sheep of the house of Israel, twice. And says some say they're Judeans and are not, twice. Salvation is of Judah: meaning that one tribe. Revelation 7:4 says they're collectively called the chidren of Israel. Because Names DO Matter.
None of this has anything to do with the gospel of our salvation, and the process by which anyone is saved. It's "to the Jew first, and also to the gentiles." It's the same gospel regardless, so you are in error on this matter.

Now... if you haven't noticed the difference between...
John 14:15-17 born again by commandment-keeping
versus
Galatians 3:1-5 new creation by faith apart from works
then let me I ask you, Why on Earth not?
Your interpretation of Jn. 14:15-17 is erroneous. New creation (which happens in the spiritual realm) comes first, then love for God comes subsequently. A person obeys Christ BECAUSE he loves Christ, BECAUSE he believes in Christ, BECAUSE God worked it in his heart. It's a progression initiated and worked by God - John 3:21. People come to Christ because God works His works in them. Therefore, your idea that getting born again is done by commandment-keeping is erroneous. People are born again through hearing the gospel (Pet. 1:23), which is by faith (Rom. 10:10, John 5:1). This requires everyone, Jews and gentiles alike, to listen to the gospel preached (or read it carefully in the NT), and trust that God will work His works through them.

Obviously the people of Asia turned from Paul to the Gospel of the Kingdom which was being taught by John to the churches of Asia... and apparently taught by 1 Peter 1 in Galatia, Pontus, etc... and Galatians 1:6 and Galatians 3:5 prove it.

If you're not looking for what Jesus taught His circumcision, then by all means, turn to the gospel of the uncircumcision. Revelation 12:17 says the dragon hates commandment-keepers.
You left out "and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." The dragon hates those who are born of God, because they are the only ones keeping His commands!! And this means both Jews and gentiles.

Your idea about Gal. 1:6 is wrong, because Paul is talking about "another gospel" being a FALSE one. In that he says "if you are circumcised, Christ is of no benefit to you" he shows that trying to be saved by keeping the Sinaitic covenant is an exercise in futility. Rom. 3:28 "we maintain that a man is justified by faith, and not by works of the law" is a general principle for all people. "A man" includes anyone, whether Jew or gentile.

Paul is saying that anyone who thinks he is saved by law keeping is not saved in reality, that is, not justified in God's sight. Rom. 3:20 "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin." This includes Jews and gentiles alike, because salvation requires only faith in Jesus and His works, which leads to faith that God works His works through the followers of Christ. It's a general principle for all, Jews and gentiles alike.

Your idea that the "gospel of the kingdom" is to the Jews only, and that it is a different gospel than the one Paul taught, is erroneous. Paul taught the "gospel of the kingdom" to the gentiles, proven by Col. 1:13 "Who (God) hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son" in which the "us" includes Jews and gentiles alike.

It's the whole point of Heb. 11, in the sense that OT saints were saints by virtue of the fact that they believed the protoevangelium in Gen. 3:15 and were looking for the coming Messiah. In these "last days," we are looking in the past at the Messiah who has already come (Heb. 12:1-2). This is a general principle for all people, Jews and gentiles alike.

Scripture adheres to the law of non-contradiction, so to get the truth we have to consider the wider context of all scripture. IMO what you are doing is taking scripture out of context and making it fit a preconceived idea, which is what cult leaders and cult followers do. Furthermore, I suggest that you have a very poor concept of the grace of God, and that you need much more study before you try to persuade others of your ideas. James 3:1 "Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly."

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
1 Corinthians 6:12. I'd like to hear a bit of opinion/discussion about what Paul says here.

What do you think about the context of his comment? Was Paul talking about all the rules and regs of the OT for Jews Vs faith in the redeeming of the repentant by belief and acceptance of the birth, suffering, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus...especially in light of what Jesus said about all the Law and the Prophets hang on two commands; loving God with our whole being and our neighbor as our self. Matthew 22:35-40 and elsewhere. (Thoughtful contemplation reveals even tho this sounds simple, it certainly is not easy)

There is much in the OT and NT for we Christians to identify obvious behavior that is sinful: The 10 Commandments illuminate them of course. In other words, in addition, since God has written his Law on our Hearts, (exclaimed in the OT and NT) we are pretty aware of obvious behavior that is sinful.

So, is Paul talking more here about general bad habits we have picked up in our lives and many times retain even after we are saved? Things like self indulgence that doesn't necessarily harm other people, yet might not be beneficial to us as believers? Is Paul telling us to search our consciences daily and think about how we can be better saved human beings? I've been thinking lately that selfishness tends to be a failing mainly because we don't recognize how being selfish isn't such an obvious failing. Yet selfishness can cross a lot of boundaries with self and others.

I'm finding it hard to try and explain what exactly I'm asking here...thus why I ask the question.
I had a drinking problem before I was saved. I was set free. After a while, I was able to have a glass of wine without any issues. I was asked to be one of the youth leaders at church. I stopped drinking alcohol completely and made sure I had none at home. There were two reasons, one to ensure that there was one less reason for finger pointing. The other was to ensure that the kids in the group were not made to stumble. When I left the role, I allowed myself to have the occasional glass of wine again. I was under no obligation to stop drinking wine. I was not drinking to excess. Nevertheless, I felt it better to stop.

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
None of that stuff is in the Old Testament.
Your sin nature is probably why you're drawn to Paul.

I'm drawn by the Law and Order of the Creation to the Father.
And drawn by the Law of the Father to Jesus.
And drawn by the witness of Jesus to believe on the Father.
This is the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Paul wrote a lot about Jesus, I think that is the draw.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My dear fellow, Paul helped me get rid of my sin nature, you have it all wrong.

Rather when i was still a fallen sinner then i had problems with Paul. Then i resented him very much like you do now. Wanting to have an excuse to stay in my sin and be forgiven any way. A lot of Christians just want to be forgiven but stay in their sins, Paul wisely makes sure that The salvation of God is properly understood and denies indwelling sin the kingdom.

Yet like i told you the Gospel as written by Paul exposes the evil nature dwelling in me and brought me the opportunity to go to Jesus with it and be freed from it.

Now as someone who used to be stuck with much sin in self, i say thanks be to God for Jesus Christ who set me free from my sins using in particular the Gospel as written by Paul.

So i'm one witness witnessing to you that you have it very wrong and i will give you the next one who witnesses about Paul. (Or is he speaking out of his sinful nature as well?)

2 Peter 3:15-16
"Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."

So please brother understand that your dislike for Paul is sin speaking in your heart, and that doing that you distort the truth of Scripture and run a real risk of destruction believing as you do.

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

i testify that heeding Paul's Gospel taught me to leave sin behind, die to being like that time and again, and find new life in Christ. Paul's words showed me my inner divisions and helped Christ reunite my heart in His loving truth and set me free from the bondage of sin.
Colossians 2:20-23
Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

i also testify that we have to die to our old nature, just like Jesus, Peter, John and Paul speak of, and come to life in the new nature. i know that this is an ongoing process, where Jesus Himself, through The Word's of the bible, transforms us from loving untrue to loving true people.

Now i know that it was Paul's words which arrested me in my sinful selves and directed me to Christ, so i could learn to hate my sin and find new life in Christ, especially the words of Paul put me to death in my sin and helped me find new life in Jesus instead.
Colossians 3
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

So yes clearly Paul is completely true when he speaks, for his words carry the same power same as all of Scripture has. So glad Paul teaches rightly and wont let sin living inside of believers hearts get away with it.

Galatians 1:11-12
"I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Your sin nature still exists. Jesus through Paul and the Holy Spirit Romans 8 helped you suppress, control and defeat it.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
upload_2021-10-5_6-50-40.png

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I'm drawn by the Law and Order of the Creation to the Father.
I'm drawn by the Law of the Father to Jesus.
I'm drawn by the witness of Jesus to believe on the Father.
This is the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Paul wrote a lot about Jesus, I think that is the draw.
Well then, you must be a gentile.

Because Lost Sheep just aren't drawn to Paul.

Ezekiel 34:30-31 And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, and they My people. O house of Israel, saith the Lord God, ye are My sheep, even the sheep of My flock, and I am the Lord your God, saith the Lord God.
John 10:26 John 8:37 John 10:1-5

Upvote 0