Fresh Meat... Sweet \/^^^\/ Stalking The Night
Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what is the limit on this timeframe, then?
that is a very reasonable question flatworm

i think you would agree that a worldwide economic system is soon to be inevitable... with the Advent of Verichip we now too have the capacity to fulfill the prophecies of revalation 13 in a very literal sense

when you see this worldwide economic system come to pass, and we are forced to be implanted with electronic ID, allowing for electronic commerce, biblicly speaking you have no more than 3-7 years before the return of Christ... so it is time dependant on the institution of this electronic id and a uniform worldwide economic system

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
that is a very reasonable question flatworm

i think you would agree that a worldwide economic system is soon to be inevitable... with the Advent of Verichip we now too have the capacity to fulfill the prophecies of revalation 13 in a very literal sense

when you see this worldwide economic system come to pass, and we are forced to be implanted with electronic ID, allowing for electronic commerce, biblicly speaking you have no more than 3-7 years before the return of Christ... so it is time dependant on the institution of this electronic id and a uniform worldwide economic system

Well then, I'll save this post and we'll see if you're around in 7+ years.

Upvote 0

Electric Skeptic

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,152.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It won't work, because the conditions are indescribably vague. If nothing has happened in 7 years, then we just haven't got to the 'uniform worldwide economic system' yet, or the electronic ID implemented isn't the right one. That's why this claim isn't falsifiable. Not even remotely.

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It won't work, because the conditions are indescribably vague. If nothing has happened in 7 years, then we just haven't got to the 'uniform worldwide economic system' yet, or the electronic ID implemented isn't the right one. That's why this claim isn't falsifiable. Not even remotely.

Oh, I know that's how these things really work. Back in 1999 I knew a guy who was convinced Jesus would rapture him away on Jan 1 2000. He claimed all the signs were there, just like our friend WBGS. Needless to say, he wasn't raptured and neither was anyone else. When I pointed this out to him, he claimed it was the beginning of seven years of Tribulation, and then he would be raptured.

So yes, I know that seven years hence, WBGS will just have some new excuse.

Upvote 0

WolfBitnGodSmittn

Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
flatworm...

even more my friend... when you see the economic system become a reality... remember it then and remember what the bible teaches... eternity my friend is a very long time

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
flatworm...

even more my friend... when you see the economic system become a reality... remember it then and remember what the bible teaches... eternity my friend is a very long time

Well, let's just start with seven years and see where that gets us, shall we?

Upvote 0

WolfBitnGodSmittn

Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, I know that's how these things really work. Back in 1999 I knew a guy who was convinced Jesus would rapture him away on Jan 1 2000. He claimed all the signs were there, just like our friend WBGS. Needless to say, he wasn't raptured and neither was anyone else. When I pointed this out to him, he claimed it was the beginning of seven years of Tribulation, and then he would be raptured.

So yes, I know that seven years hence, WBGS will just have some new excuse.
by the way... despite what the pop church teaches, the bible teaches that the church goes through the tribulaiton... it also teaches antichrist will wage war on the saints... we will be imprisoned and murdered... it does not teach we will be snatched out before this despite what some in the church teach

Upvote 0

WolfBitnGodSmittn

Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, let's just start with seven years and see where that gets us, shall we?
thats good for me... when you see it instituted, and we can see it is inevitable, start your countdown

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
by the way... despite what the pop church teaches, the bible teaches that the church goes through the tribulaiton... it also teaches antichrist will wage war on the saints... we will be imprisoned and murdered... it does not teach we will be snatched out before this despite what some in the church teach

The person who believed this was a bible-only Born-again Christian. I really don't care one way or the other. It's like debating the colour of the Easter Bunny. I'll let you folks argue over those details.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WolfBitnGodSmittn

Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
What? No. The countdown begins now. If you'd like to revise your deadline, now's the time.
now flatworm friend... you may have missed my entire post... heres exactly what i said

wolf said:
"i think you would agree that a worldwide economic system is soon to be inevitable... with the Advent of Verichip we now too have the capacity to fulfill the prophecies of revalation 13 in a very literal sense

when you see this worldwide economic system come to pass, and we are forced to be implanted with electronic ID, allowing for electronic commerce, biblicly speaking you have no more than 3-7 years before the return of Christ... so it is time dependant on the institution of this electronic id and a uniform worldwide economic system"

no need for revision of anything, i stand on my quote ;)

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
now flatworm friend... you may have missed my entire post... heres exactly what i said

no need for revision of anything, i stand on my quote ;)

So you still have provided no deadline that would make your claim falsifiable and we're back to square one.

You claim a certain prophecy from Revelation would prove the God hypothesis false if it were to fail. It has not happened yet. Unless you can set some date after which you will consider the prophecy failed, it cannot be used to falsify your hypothesis.

In other words, you're just dancing again and have said nothing of substance through tens of pages spanning multiple threads where you've made this claim.

Put up or shut up. Tell us the date at which you will cease to consider yourself a Christian if Jesus fails to show up.

Upvote 0

WolfBitnGodSmittn

Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
well of course i did

a theory for instance concerning the effect of lightning in the ionosphere can be time dependant on the lightning...

a theory concerning the mating of a whale can be time dependant on the mating

these are things we wont MAKE happen and the testing depends on the probability that it WILL happen... we are pretty sure lightning will occur, and we are pretty sure whales will mate, and its a pretty inevitably sure thing we will have a worldwide electronic economic system

All these 'theories' are very reasonably falsifiable

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
well of course i did

a theory for instance concerning the effect of lightning in the ionisphere is time dependant on the lightning...

a theory concerning the mating of a whale is time dependant on the mating

these are things we wont MAKE happen and the testing depends on the probability that it WILL happen... we are pretty sure lightning will occur, and we are pretty sure whales will mate, and its a pretty inevitably sure thing we will have a worldwide electronic economic system

The thing is we already do. We have for some time. If you don't believe me fly into any major city in the world and try to use your ATM card. Surprise- it works!

I think it's far from inevitable that everyone will be forced to have a chip implanted to conduct commerce.

Of course, the advent of this universal mark is a biblical prophecy in and of itself. You should therefore be able to put a deadline on that prophecy, and from there we add your 3-7 years and voilà.

Upvote 0

WolfBitnGodSmittn

Apr 14, 2006
the dark recesses...
✟3,914.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Libertarian
we see it approved for drivers licenses here
http://news.com.com/House+approves+electronic+ID+cards/2100-1028_3-5571898.html

BUT
FROM http://news.com.com/Chip+implant+gets+cash+under+your+skin/2100-1041_3-5111637.html?tag=st.rn

Chip implant gets cash under your skin

Radio frequency identification tags aren't just for pallets of goods in supermarkets anymore. Applied Digital Solutions of Palm Beach, Fla., is hoping that Americans can be persuaded to implant RFID chips under their skin to identify themselves when going to a cash machine or in place of using a credit card. The surgical procedure, which is performed with local anesthetic, embeds a 12-by-2.1mm RFID tag in the flesh of a human arm.
ADS Chief Executive Scott Silverman, in a speech at the ID World 2003 conference in Paris last Friday, said his company had developed a "VeriPay" RFID technology and was hoping to find partners in financial services firms.
Matthew Cossolotto, a spokesman for ADS who says he's been "chipped," argues that competing proposals to embed RFID tags in key fobs or cards were flawed. "If you lose the RFID key fob or if it's stolen, someone else could use it and have access to your important accounts," Cossolotto said. "VeriPay solves that problem. It's subdermal and very difficult to lose. You don't leave it sitting in the backseat of the taxi."

Upvote 0