✟31,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

I am interested in getting people's opinion on something. After I became a born again Christian I was surprised to discover how spread the doctrine of "Once Saved Always Saved" is. From my reading of the Bible, I would have never really got the impression that we can never lose our salvation. In fact, I was convinced that to be saved we have to keep our faith until the end.

Because of many conversations with other believers, I have made it my objective to discover the truth so I gathered all scriptures used for and against this doctrine and put them on my website at this link: Once Saved Always Saved Verses

This reinforced my position that this doctrine is not true. But I am interested in knowing the opinion of others on this matter. I know it is much to read but just looking at the page and comparing the number of scriptures for each side is already surprising.

Is it me or the number of scriptures telling us that we have to endure until the end to be saved much more than the other side? I also feel the people who believe in Once Saved Always Saved always use the same verses and push into them things they don't really say. While the scriptures against it are much more obvious and straight-forward.

I am interested to know if there is something I am missing.

Thank you all. Any opinion is appreciated.

Wet Squirrel

Mar 9, 2018
Barczewo
✟1,125.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you do not believe that Christ paid in full price for your sins at cross then you head straight to hell you were never born again .

Good news of salvation is not that you have to earn your salvation but that it's free .
Psalms 49:7
Ephesians 2:8-9

Upvote 0

Asaph George

Disciple of Christ
Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
montreal
Visit site
✟31,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you do not believe that Christ paid in full price for your sins at cross then you head straight to hell you were never born again .

Good news of salvation is not that you have to earn your salvation but that it's free .
Psalm 49:7
Ephesians 2:8-9

I believe that we are saved by Christ and that His blood paid the full price of my sins.

But I believe that after I am born again, if I turn my back to God and go back to a deliberate lifestyle of sin, I can fall away from the faith and be cut off.

Am I still going to hell?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
  • Agree
Reactions: Asaph George
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
LIFE WAS FREE FOR ADAM AND CHAVAH ALSO......
They not only lost their lives, but also the lives of mankind was consigned under death and sin because of ADAM'S SIN.

Just because something is free, entirely free, even forever,
never means that it cannot be lost also. "Trampled underfoot" as YHVH SAYS in HIS WORD.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
This is a big debate between christians of different denominations however I will put in my two cents.
NO you cannot fall from grace, IF you are truly saved. However the question is ARE you truly saved?
Many people in "my" humble opinion, that believe they are saved, are in reality far from it.
The bible says you will know them by their fruits and a true born again person, Will not want to continue forever in sinning.
This is because the Holy Spirit is leading them through the act of sanctification and they are growing spiritually. So yes a person that is saved will still sin, However it should bother them to the point of repentance and they should repent and turn from it. The old devil will often lie to converts and try and steal their peace, If you have ask Jesus into your heart sincerely? Then don't listen to these lies. If you were sincere when you ask Jesus to save you? then you are covered by the all powerful blood of the Lamb. That my dear friend is more powerful than anything satan can ever throw at you. God bless :]

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
However the question is ARE you truly saved?
No difficulty reading what YHVH says.

The answer for most everyone is no. That simplifies a lot that comes before and after the arguments.

The arguments DO NOT CHANGE anything. If someone does not endure to the end, then they are not saved. This is plainly stated in GOD'S WORD.

ON JUDGMENT DAY, multitudes of people WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE SAVED find out they were not saved, but they apparently didn't know for sure UNTIL JUDGMENT DAY - thus TOO LATE to be saved.

This is plainly written and cannot be changed.

Upvote 0

Asaph George

Disciple of Christ
Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
montreal
Visit site
✟31,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NO you cannot fall from grace, IF you are truly saved. However the question is ARE you truly saved?
Many people in "my" humble opinion, that believe they are saved, are in reality far from it.
The bible says you will know them by their fruits and a true born again person, Will not want to continue forever in sinning.

Thank you for your reply. :)

I have learned with time not to debate with Once Saved Always Saved who say: "If someone continues sinning deliberately then they were never saved to begin with". That is even though I don't find it biblical. It is just that the amount of scriptures showing that we have to endure, keep the faith, continue in the faith, abide in Christ are too many to ignore.

But I agree with you that many people think they are saved but actually are not.

God bless you

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The bible says you will know them by their fruits

According to all that is written, most people NEVER produce "good fruit" and have no idea what it is NOR how to tell/ check/ test/ find out. (they COULD , but they REFUSE to REPENT, so they have an epic fail in their lives, unless YHVH intervenes ......

• Agree
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
God is not an Indian given {No offence to indians, I'm part cherokee} He will not give you something and then take it back. Have you ever given your children something out of love? A bicycle or a christmas present or whatever? and decided because they were being naughty you would take it away forever? Can You unfry an egg? There is a much bigger element here than just saying, SAVE ME LORD.
It has to be a with a repentant heart that is ready to receive the Saviour. The Bible plainly says none can come to me unless they are called by the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have learned with time not to debate with Once Saved Always Saved
Many are caught in that trap,
but since they are trapped by tradition and defending doctrine instead of Scripture,
and since Scripture is the key to TRUTH, the TRUTH needed to be set free,
unless
they change and decide to seek the TRUTH, (in which case if they keep seeking the TRUTH, they will find the TRUTH, because YHVH SAYS SO) ...
there may be no change in them.
Yet for the sake of others, when what is false cannot be silenced (as it can be in meetings/ assemblies of ekklesia) , a warning/ red flag/ alert for the ones who don't know yet may be posted, even though it won't make any difference at all to the opposition. (except for them receiving a greater judgment, a more severe judgment, as written in Scripture).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A bicycle or a christmas present or whatever?
GREAT EXAMPLE ! ! !
The child who receives the GIFT,
can do what they want to with the GIFT ,
thus,
it might be lost, broken, destroyed, sold, given away for no reason at all,
and never seen again.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for your reply. :)

I have learned with time not to debate with Once Saved Always Saved who say: "If someone continues sinning deliberately then they were never saved to begin with". That is even though I don't find it biblical. It is just that the amount of scriptures showing that we have to endure, keep the faith, continue in the faith, abide in Christ are too many to ignore.

But I agree with you that many people think they are saved but actually are not.

God bless you
I won't debate, {I'm not smart enough too LOL}
But I see people so hurt by believing satan's lies and making them miserable, and it breaks my heart.
I am just giving you what in I see and read, as I look at the the scriptures.
I'm like Forrest Gump, I am not a smart man But I know what love is :]

Upvote 0

Asaph George

Disciple of Christ
Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
montreal
Visit site
✟31,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many are caught in that trap,
but since they are trapped by tradition and defending doctrine instead of Scripture,
and since Scripture is the key to TRUTH, the TRUTH needed to be set free,
unless
they change and decide to seek the TRUTH, (in which case if they keep seeking the TRUTH, they will find the TRUTH, because YHVH SAYS SO) ...

I find the Truth very plain. I just don't understand how one can come to the conclusion that once you are born again, you are eternally secure. I just don't see it in scriptures.

It seems to me that it is a doctrine that is taught before reading scriptures and then one starts to look at the scriptures from the eyes of that preconceived doctrine to make them fit.

I don't know it is just what I see from my bible.

I wish people can discuss scriptures. I just don't see it anywhere. All the scriptures have to fit, if I have to believe this doctrine, the amount of scriptures I have to ignore or twist are SO MANY. These are simple straight-forward verses with IF statements.

It is weird.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But I see people so hurt by believing satan's lies and making them miserable, and it breaks my heart.
This has been true of most of all the world (including the religious world) ever since the tower of babel and earlier.

YHVH provides the ONLY solution. Religion of men, worldly religion rejects YHVH'S only solution. They even refuse to turn to Him to ask for help.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I find the Truth very plain. I just don't understand how one can come to the conclusion that once you are born again, you are eternally secure. I just don't see it in scriptures.
Remember though HOW the enemy deceives so many - by telling them ,
like the false teachers and false prophets, that PART OF GOD'S WORD IS TRUTH, tickling their ears with blessings,
and FAILING to tell that ALL OF GOD'S WORD IS TRUTH - including the MANY WARNINGS and CURSES.

Upvote 0

Asaph George

Disciple of Christ
Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
montreal
Visit site
✟31,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I won't debate, {I'm not smart enough too LOL}
I am just giving you what in I see and read, as I look at the the scriptures.
I'm like Forrest Gump, I am not a smart man But I know what love is :]

lol granted brother. I just don't think necessarily that thinking that we can lose salvation automatically leads to be miserable and anxious all the time.

There are many scriptures to comfort us in our walk in Christ. But this comfort and assurance comes from day by day and moment by moment walk with Christ in the Spirit. If we are in the Spirit, we are assured and we have hope. But from there to say that this means we are eternally secure is pushing it, I don't see that in the Bible and I read the Bible countless times.

God bless :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It seems to me that it is a doctrine that is taught before reading scriptures and then one starts to look at the scriptures from the eyes of that preconceived doctrine to make them fit.
Yes, if ANYONE reads all of Scripture, seeking YHVH'S KINGDOM, seeking the TRUTH, and keeps seeking the TRUTH,
YHVH will , YHVH HIMSELF WILL REVEAL THE TRUTH TO THEM, and they WILL BE SET FREE ! THIS is YHVH'S PROMISE, and HE IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE ALWAYS. HE cannot lie.

• Agree
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

I am interested in getting people's opinion on something. After I became a born again Christian I was surprised to discover how spread the doctrine of "Once Saved Always Saved" is. From my reading of the Bible, I would have never really got the impression that we can never lose our salvation. In fact, I was convinced that to be saved we have to keep our faith until the end.

Because of many conversations with other believers, I have made it my objective to discover the truth so I gathered all scriptures used for and against this doctrine and put them on my website at this link: Once Saved Always Saved Verses

This reinforced my position that this doctrine is not true. But I am interested in knowing the opinion of others on this matter. I know it is much to read but just looking at the page and comparing the number of scriptures for each side is already surprising.

Is it me or the number of scriptures telling us that we have to endure until the end to be saved much more than the other side? I also feel the people who believe in Once Saved Always Saved always use the same verses and push into them things they don't really say. While the scriptures against it are much more obvious and straight-forward.

I am interested to know if there is something I am missing.

Thank you all. Any opinion is appreciated.

Hi Asaph, there are a number of things in your article that I'd like to discuss, unfortunately that cannot happen right now. What I will do is leave you with a few verses that I don't believe you included in your article concerning what we Calvinists call the Perseverance of the Saints (which is what the "P" in our famous little acrostic TULIP stands for).

When the Bible speaks of those who have received αἰώνιος [aionios] "eternal" life, it never means "temporary" or "probationary" life.

John 5
24 He who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment [will not be condemned], but has passed out of death into life.

John 6
37 ALL that the Father gives Me WILL come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I LOSE NOTHING, but raise it up on the last day.
40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 10
26 You do not believe because you are not of My sheep.
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

Romans 8
1 There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 7
25 He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

1 John 5:13
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

I'd like to make one quick point about something you wrote in your article.

...if this doctrine (OSAS) is false, then it is very dangerous* because it has the potential of removing personal responsibility and accountability when it comes to one’s relationship with God. After all, if we are saved, and there is nothing we can do to lose salvation, then why does it really matter how we act and why worry that much about it?
If a person who claims to be a Christian truly thinks like this, then I can all but guarantee you that their "claim" of being a believer is nothing more than that :preach: That's the thing about OSAS, it's really all about the "Once Saved" part, isn't it ;)

*(the real "danger", IMHO, lies in the fact that many who think they are "always saved" never were in the first place :eek: .. e.g. Matthew 7:22-23)

BTW, I hold to the Perseverance of the Saints (and therefore the proper understanding of OSAS), which means I also believe that none will be saved except those who persevere in the faith to the end. That said, those who are truly regenerate/have been "born again" .. e.g. Ezekiel 36:26; John 3:3, who have been created by God as "new creatures" in His Son .. 2 Corinthians 5:17 and have become His workmanship/masterpiece by grace through faith .. Ephesians 2:8-10, will persevere in the faith to the end, because the very One who saved us in the first place has also promised to see us safely through this life to Glory :amen: .. e.g. Philippians 1:6, 2:13; Hebrews 7:25 cf John 6:37-40, 44; John 10:27-28; 1 John 5:13.

Yours in Christ,
David

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me and ..
of all that He has given Me, I lose nothing,
but raise it up on the last day"

John 6:37-40

(excerpt)

Last edited:
Upvote 0