Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Mary's function as mother of men in no way obscures or diminishes this unique mediation of Christ, but rather shows its power.” (CCC 970)

Mary, our Spiritual Mother, has a way of bringing former Catholics and Protestants to her motherly spiritual arms — sometimes in extraordinary ways.

As the director of a Marian shrine in the Bible Belt — Our Lady of Joyful Hope/Our Lady of South Carolina in Kingstree, South Carolina — I have been expecting that it would create interest, if not some curiosity. The place of the Eucharist, Mary, the Saints and the Petrine office bewilders many. But it was surprising to be asked whom we worshiped. I was indeed very grateful when a beautiful life-size statue of Jesus with outstretched arms was donated to our Shrine. It was appropriately placed before a large cross on the front lawn, manifesting that we are Christians!

Then one day, I read a quote from Pope Benedict XVI, which addresses the Marian dilemma, referring to Matthew 1:20: “Like Joseph, do not be afraid to take Mary into your home.” On the same day I providentially read the May 2021 issue of The Coming Home Network International newsletter. The front page feature article was a conversion story, “My Heart was in the East,” by Allan Osser, a former Baptist minister in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Continued below.
All Over the World, People Are Finding Mary, Our Spiritual Mother

Reactions: anna ~ grace