Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some prophecies in the Bible took hundreds of years to be fulfilled... yet those who gave them were still considered prophets before the word was fulfilled, so that cannot be the only measure, can it?

Happily in this case when a 'prophet' said xyz was going to happen in 2020 it's easy tested now that we've lived through 2020. God Bless :)

• Useful
Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"2020: The Year of the Prophets" ^_^
Oh I get it. You don't understand what a word of the Lord for the year is and you clearly didn't read it very closely. Regardless of that the word that was quoted is extremely accurate thus far, so I'm not sure what your going on about.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regardless of that the word that was quoted is extremely accurate thus far, so I'm not sure what your going on about.

What I was going on about is that the prophetic word for 2020 pasted above should be tested and suggested how it could be tested when asked by you. If it's extremely accurate then you've nothing to worry about, everyone here will see how accurate it is and rejoice. If you believe it to be extremely accurate you must already have tested it yourself. So be blessed and enjoy it :)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What I was going on about is that the prophetic word for 2020 pasted above should be tested and suggested how it could be tested when asked by you. If it's extremely accurate then you've nothing to worry about, everyone here will see how accurate it is and rejoice. If you believe it to be extremely accurate you must already have tested it yourself. So be blessed and enjoy it :)
Mmmm hmmm. OK then.

Upvote 0

perpendicular_bisector

Dec 2, 2004
✟6,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"2020: The Year of the Prophets"
Bishop Bill Hamon, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Proclaim and Protect

Prophets' words bring supernatural victory! "...Believe in the Lord your God and you shall be established; believe and remain steadfast to His prophets and you shall prosper" (2 Chr. 20:20 AMPC). King Jehoshaphat and Judah won a great victory by acting on the word of the prophet. The spoils from the dead army brought great prosperity and peace, and all nations feared them after God fought for Judah.

Prophet Isaiah prophesied the defeat of the Assyrian's war against Judah, and God sent one of His war angels who killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers in one night. "And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was [Israel] preserved" (Hosea 12:13). Prophets guide and protect God's people by revealing the thoughts, purposes, timing and personal word of God, and by ministering His mighty power to them and their situation.

The Mouth of the Lord

The Hebrew calendar year is 5780, which is represented by the letter "peh," meaning "mouth." It is the 17th letter of the Jewish alphabet and symbolizes victory. It is through the mouth of the prophet that the personal and national word of the Lord is proclaimed. God spoke to Prophet Moses, "Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say" (Ex. 4:12). God declared to Prophet Jeremiah, "...Behold, I have put My words in your mouth" (Jer. 1:9).

This is the decade where the company of prophets will be the mouth of the Lord, speaking God's directive to individuals and nations.

The Double-Portion Year and a Great Divide

Only every 100 years do the double numbers 1818, 1919 and 2020 appear. For God's prophetic people, it will be a double-portion year (Is. 61:7). It will be a year of new beginnings. New times and purposes of God will be launched.

It will not be just another year, but a kairos year; a pivotal year when the battle between right and wrong will become more intense. Groups and nations will either swing more to wickedness or righteousness; to light or to darkness. They'll either become more like the anti-Christ or the Body of Christ. Churches will either become like the Laodicean church – lukewarm and passive – or they will be victorious, supernatural, present-truth, warrior churches, that demonstrate the Kingdom of God in every nation, standing as a witness of the only one true Almighty God, Jesus Christ, Lord of Heaven and Earth (Mt. 24:14; Dan. 4:1-37).

"2020: The Year of the Prophets" (elijahlist.com)

prophecy missed the elephant in the room- covid

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
prophecy missed the elephant in the room- covid

Covid 19 and the attending lock-downs does seem to have been the dominant if not defining feature of 2020, perhaps with the exception of January 2020. Everyone's life was turned upside down by it, church life, work life, family life, social life. Life was put on hold, stunted. Almost everyone lost someone dear to them due to the virus. The restrictions affected everyone, Christian and non-Christian, without distinction. I don't think things will ever return to fully 'normal'. Look at the massive strides made towards a cashless society during the pandemic for example.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"2020: The Year of the Prophets"
Bishop Bill Hamon, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Proclaim and Protect

Hello. Related to your post 2020 prophecy. There's a video- twenty American prophets giving prophecies for 2020. It's long, but should you perhaps be interested it's here:

20 Prophetic Words for 2020 - YouTube

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

perpendicular_bisector

Dec 2, 2004
✟6,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Covid?

Dealing-with-the-Elephant-in-the-Room.jpg

Upvote 0

Joan Lamb

May 5, 2019
Dundurn
✟12,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello. Related to your post 2020 prophecy. There's a video- twenty American prophets giving prophecies for 2020. It's long, but should you perhaps be interested it's here:

20 Prophetic Words for 2020 - YouTube

Thank you. I listened to some of the messages. It is difficult for me to reconcile the messages with the experience of 2020.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I listened to some of the messages. It is difficult for me to reconcile the messages with the experience of 2020.
These types of words require you to attach your faith to them and respond accordingly. Meaning if you reject them, you're not going to see them manifest in your life.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I know what you mean. The prophecies seem to be the opposite of what actually happened. Even the very first word 'There are going to be public meetings where............'. Actually no there aren't going to be any public meetings at all. There's going to be a global shutdown :sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lot of fluff in those "words" from GOD.

There do seem to be many vague statements but where there is the odd specific statement it appears to be wrong as in the example I quoted above. God Bless :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.