Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So God tells everyone to desire something, but basically says to some of them, "Sorry I know I told you to pursue this, but you don't get it, bummer for you." or essentially, God is Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown?... that sure doesn't sound like my Father.
I mean, yes, they come from God. I don't think that anyone here disputes that. I believe the conversation here is beyond that.

God can say no. If it's not the right time, or not the right person for the task, the person's heart is not right, many reasons. The bible says that people can ask for something with the wrong motives.

'You ask but you do not receive because you ask with the wrong motivation' (James 4:3)

God said no to Moses, David, Paul, Peter, James and John. It would be a long list. If God had to automatically do anything we wanted that would make human beings God.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God can say no. If it's not the right time, or not the right person for the task, the person's heart is not right, many reasons. The bible says that people can ask for something with the wrong motives.

'You ask but you do not receive because you ask with the wrong motivation' (James 4:3)

God said no to Moses, David, Paul, Peter, James and John. It would be a long list. If God had to automatically do anything we wanted that would make human beings God.

God Bless :)
Of course. Again, I don't think anyone is disputing that. That doesn't mean that the gifts are not available though. The gifts manifest as the Spirit wills, but the minister must be willing also. The practical truth is these days the Spirit is willing far more often than the potential ministers are.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think statements like the following are misleading and limit God:

I don't see why. We agree that God gives the gift. People need to get the gift from Him :)

Upvote 0

Joan Lamb

May 5, 2019
Dundurn
✟12,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bill Hamon

I do not know him. When I searched the first website to appear was listing some of his failed predictions. endtime-prophets.com

1997 - A PIVOTAL YEAR. Crossing into Canaan. Excerpts from an article by Dr. Bill Hamon God is decreeing in 1997 the present Joshua Generation will have their Jordan miracle, as the older Moses generation had their Red Sea miracle... God is going to start working such supernatural miracles for his people, that the demons and the worldly people will melt with fear. A wholesome respect for God and His Church is going to start in 1997. www.do-you-love-me.org/wsomers/pivotal.html

I do not recall this happening in 1997.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why. We agree that God gives the gift. People need to get the gift from Him :)
Because your statement implies that God gives some people certain gifts and other people get different gifts. All the gifts are available to all believers. However they will only manifest whenever His will and our obedience line up.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not know him. When I searched the first website to appear was listing some of his failed predictions. endtime-prophets.com

1997 - A PIVOTAL YEAR. Crossing into Canaan. Excerpts from an article by Dr. Bill Hamon God is decreeing in 1997 the present Joshua Generation will have their Jordan miracle, as the older Moses generation had their Red Sea miracle... God is going to start working such supernatural miracles for his people, that the demons and the worldly people will melt with fear. A wholesome respect for God and His Church is going to start in 1997. www.do-you-love-me.org/wsomers/pivotal.html

I do not recall this happening in 1997.

And this is why no one provides names. You think a quick google search qualifies you to judge the man? I absolutely KNEW you would do this when I provided a name... I should have said as much then I would look like the Prophet, lol. endtime-prophets.com is closer to being false prophets than the people they constantly accuse. They have zero fruit other than accusations. They take things out of context or without bothering to find the heart behind the word and label people false based on a ridged standard that Jesus himself quite literally could not meet. Bill Hamon is the primary reason you even are talking about the prophetic & apostolic today.

This absolutely did happen in 1997 and beyond, for those who believed God & His prophets and applied faith to the word that was released. Your statements only illustrate a profound lack of understanding of how the prophetic actually works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joan Lamb

May 5, 2019
Dundurn
✟12,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your statements only illustrate a profound lack of understanding of how the prophetic actually works.

"2020: The Year of the Prophets"
Bishop Bill Hamon, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Proclaim and Protect

Prophets' words bring supernatural victory! "...Believe in the Lord your God and you shall be established; believe and remain steadfast to His prophets and you shall prosper" (2 Chr. 20:20 AMPC). King Jehoshaphat and Judah won a great victory by acting on the word of the prophet. The spoils from the dead army brought great prosperity and peace, and all nations feared them after God fought for Judah.

Prophet Isaiah prophesied the defeat of the Assyrian's war against Judah, and God sent one of His war angels who killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers in one night. "And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was [Israel] preserved" (Hosea 12:13). Prophets guide and protect God's people by revealing the thoughts, purposes, timing and personal word of God, and by ministering His mighty power to them and their situation.

The Mouth of the Lord

The Hebrew calendar year is 5780, which is represented by the letter "peh," meaning "mouth." It is the 17th letter of the Jewish alphabet and symbolizes victory. It is through the mouth of the prophet that the personal and national word of the Lord is proclaimed. God spoke to Prophet Moses, "Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say" (Ex. 4:12). God declared to Prophet Jeremiah, "...Behold, I have put My words in your mouth" (Jer. 1:9).

This is the decade where the company of prophets will be the mouth of the Lord, speaking God's directive to individuals and nations.

The Double-Portion Year and a Great Divide

Only every 100 years do the double numbers 1818, 1919 and 2020 appear. For God's prophetic people, it will be a double-portion year (Is. 61:7). It will be a year of new beginnings. New times and purposes of God will be launched.

It will not be just another year, but a kairos year; a pivotal year when the battle between right and wrong will become more intense. Groups and nations will either swing more to wickedness or righteousness; to light or to darkness. They'll either become more like the anti-Christ or the Body of Christ. Churches will either become like the Laodicean church – lukewarm and passive – or they will be victorious, supernatural, present-truth, warrior churches, that demonstrate the Kingdom of God in every nation, standing as a witness of the only one true Almighty God, Jesus Christ, Lord of Heaven and Earth (Mt. 24:14; Dan. 4:1-37).

"2020: The Year of the Prophets" (elijahlist.com)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes desire them. But God gives them.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them (Acts 2:4). We can't operate outside the chain of command. God Bless :)
Yep, but there were 120 people there and ALL began to speak in other tongues, not SOME - just like in Mark 16, those who believe will speak in a new tongue.

There’s a gift of tongues as a message spoken in church which is interpreted, and there’s the tongues that all believers have, where the spirit prays for us for things we know not how to pray as we ought.

Maranatha

• Informative
Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"2020: The Year of the Prophets"
Bishop Bill Hamon, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Proclaim and Protect

Prophets' words bring supernatural victory! "...Believe in the Lord your God and you shall be established; believe and remain steadfast to His prophets and you shall prosper" (2 Chr. 20:20 AMPC). King Jehoshaphat and Judah won a great victory by acting on the word of the prophet. The spoils from the dead army brought great prosperity and peace, and all nations feared them after God fought for Judah.

Prophet Isaiah prophesied the defeat of the Assyrian's war against Judah, and God sent one of His war angels who killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers in one night. "And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was [Israel] preserved" (Hosea 12:13). Prophets guide and protect God's people by revealing the thoughts, purposes, timing and personal word of God, and by ministering His mighty power to them and their situation.

The Mouth of the Lord

The Hebrew calendar year is 5780, which is represented by the letter "peh," meaning "mouth." It is the 17th letter of the Jewish alphabet and symbolizes victory. It is through the mouth of the prophet that the personal and national word of the Lord is proclaimed. God spoke to Prophet Moses, "Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say" (Ex. 4:12). God declared to Prophet Jeremiah, "...Behold, I have put My words in your mouth" (Jer. 1:9).

This is the decade where the company of prophets will be the mouth of the Lord, speaking God's directive to individuals and nations.

The Double-Portion Year and a Great Divide

Only every 100 years do the double numbers 1818, 1919 and 2020 appear. For God's prophetic people, it will be a double-portion year (Is. 61:7). It will be a year of new beginnings. New times and purposes of God will be launched.

It will not be just another year, but a kairos year; a pivotal year when the battle between right and wrong will become more intense. Groups and nations will either swing more to wickedness or righteousness; to light or to darkness. They'll either become more like the anti-Christ or the Body of Christ. Churches will either become like the Laodicean church – lukewarm and passive – or they will be victorious, supernatural, present-truth, warrior churches, that demonstrate the Kingdom of God in every nation, standing as a witness of the only one true Almighty God, Jesus Christ, Lord of Heaven and Earth (Mt. 24:14; Dan. 4:1-37).

"2020: The Year of the Prophets" (elijahlist.com)
I'm well aware. I heard it with my own ears.

Do you know what you are supposed to so with this word? Have you looked into his materials on that subject?

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, but there were 120 people there and ALL began to speak in other tongues

Agreed! When the piper pipes the clan must dance! :)

Every language seems beautiful when used to praise God. I heard a chap giving a prophecy in tongues- French, Romanian and Bulgarian once, which sounded awesome, better than a natural speaker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what you are supposed to so with this word?

Test it!

1 Thessalonians 5: 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22reject every kind of evil.

1 John 4:1 1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Test it!

1 Thessalonians 5: 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22reject every kind of evil.

1 John 4:1 1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Tell me did you test the website you used before you posted? They seem to treat any and every prophecy in contempt... oops, I'm guessing you didn't.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since we lived through 2020 it won't be hard to test if a prophet was right about what was going to happen then! God Bless :)
Some prophecies in the Bible took hundreds of years to be fulfilled... yet those who gave them were still considered prophets before the word was fulfilled, so that cannot be the only measure, can it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.