Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I really don't think that Jesus, who created everything on this planet has much of a varied / lower opinion of animals as he has of disobedient humans. After all, nobody's dog will be cast into the lake of fire.

There may very well be animals in the kingdom of God on a newly made earth and maybe homosapians the scripture do not say; but will they have eternal life? The lake of fire metaphorically refers to the volcanic end of Sodom and Gomora, but the fate of those who die the second death is described in Rev. I am inclined to think that the description is a measure of God's wrath; perpetual punishment would require eternal life which is not the fate of the lost.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There may very well be animals in the kingdom of God on a newly made earth and maybe homosapians the scripture do not say; but will they have eternal life?

Those redeemed by the blood of the Lamb are the ones who inherit the new heavens and new earth; and assuming the new earth has plants and animals in it, seeing how the creation was part of the atonement. So, of course they have eternal life. Why would you think they wouldn't?

The lake of fire metaphorically refers to the volcanic end of Sodom and Gomora, but the fate of those who die the second death is described in Rev.

The lake of fire is described in Revelation. Matter of fact, Revelation is the only place that describes the lake of fire and it does not equate it to Sodom and Gomora; although I agree that the destruction of Sodom and Gomora was a picture of judgment.
Revelation 19:20, 20:10, 20:14 & 20:15

I am inclined to think that the description is a measure of God's wrath; perpetual punishment would require eternal life which is not the fate of the lost.

And why do you think the lost do not have an eternal existence. Revelation 14:11 says "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever".

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the passage itself explains to us what it means. Animals and plants don't face judgement. They are not created in God's image.

Actually, it doesn't say anything about animals. It does not explain anything about judgement for them, or not.

However, I am assuming a huge concept on them being recycled based on this lack of explanation. So, I would agree that since is explicit on men being judged, only, then the animals would not.

Also, Christ did not die for the animals. Only mankind. Animals would have no reason to be judged. Not only was there no need for Christ to die for them but they were not included in the fall.

Just another proof, by the way, that evolution is not biblical...

Mankind is special. Man was formed with God's very hands in God's image. The rest of the living things were spoke into existence. God breathed the soul directly into Adam and that breath of life was passed on to Eve and to all of us.

Man is the only living thing that needs salvation.

I see no reason for animals to be excluded from the new heaven and the new earth for one simple reason...

In the beginning.. God created them... He did this for a reason... He said that everything was "Good"..

Then... man messed it up.

SO, why would eternal paradise not be similar to the first paradise.. before the fall?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As for your other question about "recycled animals and plants"?

I think science answers that. Every individual life form has its very own unique combination of DNA to its individual genome. Even identical twins aren't genetically "exactly the same".

If you take all the seeds shed by one plant in a season and test them, they are all genetically different. So even though you could have 500 different maple tree seeds from one parent tree, all those "baby maple trees" should you plant them, would be different from each other and different from the parent tree.

Now here's the weird thing. Trees can actually "tell" which baby trees that spring up on the forest floor came from their seeds. So the parent trees will actually shunt nutrients to the baby trees that belong to them. How they "know" this, scientists only guess has to do with chemicals released in the soil as part of regular biological life processes.

Trees also have the ability that if there is a "mass threatened extinction event" like a forest fire; they can "warn" other trees by releasing a certain chemical. This causes those trees to "shut down" certain functions to hold in reserve to ensure the root base survives and the next generation of trees can grow up again even if the fire is severe enough to kill this generation of trees. Sometimes it isn't. There are times the forest can survive the fire.

So looking at the complexity of life and what it's capable of doing. There is no reason to "recycle" plants and animals.

Now the pattern to all life is its DNA genome; which actually has infinite numbers of possible combinations within the different kingdoms and phyla and genomes etc. And this is why no two animals or plants are exactly the same.

Now here's a little "Theology of life theory":

We know all humans have a body, soul and spirit.
The body is the material aspect of us.
The soul houses consciousness as well as the "processes" that create emotion which is what makes us accountable to God.
The spirit is the portion of existence that God communicates to us through. It's like the electric receptacle that you "plug" something into.

All these components of our existence come about as the natural process of our conception. We don't "inherit" soul or spirit from God, we inherit them from our parents at the point God determines we will be a viable life form and we receive the breath of life.

The breath of life is the only thing we get from God and all life receives it. This is what makes life distinct from non life. And this (for example) is why artificial intelligence will never be a "life form". No matter how smart your computer gets; it will never have the breath of life imparted to it by God.

Now the breath of life is what brings forth the body, soul and spirit as a viable life form. At the point God removes the breath of life; that constitutes "death". That is something only God has control over. We can not remove the breath of life from ourselves and "will ourselves dead". We can destroy a body to the point that the breath of life exits it and depending on if that is human, animal or plant and the motivation wherewith we caused that death could constitute murder.

Now personally I do believe plants and animals have "souls" and "spirits" as being life forms created by God. I just don't believe their forms of "soul" or "spirit" are on the same par with humans because they are not created in God's image. Animals and plants can not contemplate the purpose of their existence because they have no conscience. And this is why morally they are not held accountable to acts committed as being "right" or "wrong".

Now animals that have the intellectual capacity to make choices (which many certainly do) are capable of executing actions that displease God. The Scripture does speak in general terms of an animal's capacity to "sin". It's just they are not held accountable for that in eternity because they don't have consciousness whereby with to contemplate the purpose of their existence, or the reason they'e done something that displeases God. Now they do receive a "form" or "retribution" in this life in that humans often kill them because they pose a threat to humans and other animals.

Yet, this intellectual capacity though, is also what makes animals capable of learning. And learn some pretty complex patterns of behavior they certainly can! (Which often they learn from humans.) Look at behavior patterns of domesticated animals that differ from quasi-domesticated (ex. zoo or circus animals) that differ from those in the wild. Wild animals and those in captivity can "be friendly" to humans in behavior patterns they don't exhibit in the wild. They can actually "learn" to "go out of their way" to display behaviors toward us that we associate with morals and ethics; like gratitude and empathy. Now animals I believe do naturally possess a certain degree of gratitude and empathy as part of their natural "survival instinct". If they didn't, we wouldn't see "packs" of animals that group together to ensure their own survival.

All that being said, I believe plants and animals are "periphery"(ably) aware of the fact that there is a Creator; (the Scripture does say that the "creature having become subject to vanity" does "groan and travail waiting for the revelation of the sons of God") yet again, because they are not created in God's image; their capacity is limited.

And here is where the relational difference between man and animal is distinct and unique. Man as at "the top of the food chain". No animal on this planet preys upon us as a consistent food source; or as a food source at all really. Now obviously animals do attack humans. That does happen, and for a variety of reasons; but it is not of the normal course of events and often times when an animal does kill a human, they don't eat them. Now scavenger animals will eat a human carcass; but scavenger animals don't "hunt to kill" in the same capacity that carnivores do.

So here are some of the Scriptural "ins and outs" of both human and non-human life existence as they relate to God. And given God's infinite ability to maintain the propagation of life; (He did tell all life to "be fruitful and multiply" - that was the first commandment given to the entire creation) there'd be no reason to "recycle" plants and animals.
Thanks for this commentary. There is a lot of fact based ideas there and some speculation and assumptions... much less than what I assumed with "recycling" of animals, however.

I am sure that there are events and processes in nature that we have not even come close to discovering... This world that God created is full of amazing and wonderful things.

My idea was simply that every human is a distinct soul, persona, entity, person.. creation... There is a time for us to live, die, be judged.

However, with....lets say a deer... It could live, die, be born.. live die... be born... and not contradict scripture... Same with a cow, dog, horse......

My idea is not based on scripture... but absence of scripture.. Only man is told that he is explicitly not reincarnated.

So, when we die and are judged.... It would not surprise me one bit if 400 people are happy to see the same dog in heaven as they were all blessed with companionship from this one dog...

It would also not surprise me if this were not true...

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Actually, it doesn't say anything about animals. It does not explain anything about judgement for them, or not.

As concerning that particular passage that's true. ("Appointed unto man once to die....")

This next passage here, is the closest we get to God's command of "judgement" upon animals that kill human beings. This is why I said that the "judgment" passed on them is only in this life.

Genesis 9:
4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

However, I am assuming a huge concept on them being recycled based on this lack of explanation. So, I would agree that since is explicit on men being judged, only, then the animals would not.

Yet, if "reincarnation" for man would not be true; what would make you think it would be true for animals? As I have explained via what we know of genetics; we can see that is not the case.

Also, Christ did not die for the animals. Only mankind. Animals would have no reason to be judged. Not only was there no need for Christ to die for them but they were not included in the fall.

Romans 8:18-25 explains to us that that creation was also included as part of the atonement. What man brought upon the creation because of our sin; the creation will be delivered from and will be made right (incorruptible) as we are made incorruptible in the new heavens and new earth.

Also, John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the cosmos..." That isn't "inhabitants of the world" (that's a different Greek word) "A decree went out from Augustus Caesar that all the world be taxed" (Luke 2:1) That's the Greek word "inhabitants"; and of course we know Augustus didn't tax the Native Americans or the Chinese. It only applied to the inhabitance within a jurisdiction. Yet God's "agape" is toward "the cosmos". That's the word we would interpret today as "universe". Is there life on other planets? I don't know, but if there is; the atonement also applies to them.

Just another proof, by the way, that evolution is not biblical...

Absolutely agree. Darwin's concept of life's origin from a common ancestral link is not supported by either science or the Bible.

Mankind is special. Man was formed with God's very hands in God's image. The rest of the living things were spoke into existence. God breathed the soul directly into Adam and that breath of life was passed on to Eve and to all of us.

Yet the Scripture does say that the breath of life, is in all living things; not just humans.

Genesis 2:7, Genesis 6:17, Genesis 7:15, Genesis 7:22

And if we look at Job 33:4 which states "breath of the Almighty has given me life". We could reasonably conclude that all of what is defined as life (which to our scientific understanding includes plants) contains the "breath of life".

So, the recreation of the heavens and earth; as being part of what's spoken of in Romans 8, we can make a reasonable assumption would include plant life.

Now of course we have to keep in mind that we are talking about the new heavens and new earth. We are not talking about something that happens immediately upon death in this timeline. "Heaven" (souls of deceased saints in heaven) does not include animals or plants; because those who've died are not "in body essence" yet.

I see no reason for animals to be excluded from the new heaven and the new earth for one simple reason...

In the beginning.. God created them... He did this for a reason... He said that everything was "Good"..

Then... man messed it up.

SO, why would eternal paradise not be similar to the first paradise.. before the fall?

The difference would be that the new heavens and new earth are incorruptible and if we as created entities are "transformed from glory to glory" so would the rest of creation.

However, with....lets say a deer... It could live, die, be born.. live die... be born... and not contradict scripture... Same with a cow, dog, horse......

My idea is not based on scripture... but absence of scripture.. Only man is told that he is explicitly not reincarnated.

So, when we die and are judged.... It would not surprise me one bit if 400 people are happy to see the same dog in heaven as they were all blessed with companionship from this one dog...

It would also not surprise me if this were not true...

Yet if 5 of those people who lived between 1940 and 1960 AD had dogs who all coexisted as contemporaries to each other; obviously this is not one dog that has been "reincarnated" 5 times. (They are 5 different dogs.) That notion is silly.

So if all of humanity comes into existence as independent individuals; why would one assume that would not be the case for all other life.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Those redeemed by the blood of the Lamb are the ones who inherit the new heavens and new earth; and assuming the new earth has plants and animals in it, seeing how the creation was part of the atonement. So, of course they have eternal life. Why would you think they wouldn't?

The lake of fire is described in Revelation. Matter of fact, Revelation is the only place that describes the lake of fire and it does not equate it to Sodom and Gomora; although I agree that the destruction of Sodom and Gomora was a picture of judgment.
Revelation 19:20, 20:10, 20:14 & 20:15

And why do you think the lost do not have an eternal existence. Revelation 14:11 says "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever".

Animals and plants have not sinned and have no need of at one ment with God, unless they have always been that way and remain so.

Revelation 19:20 (NKJV)
20 …. the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 …..the lake of fire and brimstone...

Revelation 20:14-15 (NKJV)
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The only description of the lake is fire and brimstone, which describes a volcano. What is death and a tomb or grave that they could be thrown into volcano.

“”And why do you think the lost do not have an eternal existence. Revelation 14:11 says "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever". “”

This is symbolic language, even hyperbole, the significance of the second death is everything, blueprints, dna is destroyed, there is no record from which that person can be resurrected; I am not able to find the scripture for this at the moment.

<< Revelation is the only place that describes the lake of fire and it does not equate it to Sodom and Gomora>>

Rev. is symbolic language used in abstract prophesy; the symbols are often explained in earlier scripture sometimes we have to work it out for our selves; most of the prophesy in Rev. is regurgitated from previous prophesy; sometimes it is history repeated; but always symbolic.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Animals and plants have not sinned and have no need of at one ment with God, unless they have always been that way and remain so.

Me wishes people would actually read before they respond. I never said animals and plants needed atonement. I said they were part of what was covered by the atonement; as having need to be freed from the curse that came upon them as a result of man's sin.

The only description of the lake is fire and brimstone, which describes a volcano. What is death and a tomb or grave that they could be thrown into volcano.

2 Peter 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

How does that mean "the lake of fire" is a volcano. That dog don't hunt!

This is symbolic language, even hyperbole, the significance of the second death is everything, blueprints, dna is destroyed, there is no record from which that person can be resurrected; I am not able to find the scripture for this at the moment.

LOL - well I think you better inform Jesus, because He doesn't seem to know that?

John 5:
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Rev. is symbolic language used in abstract prophesy; the symbols are often explained in earlier scripture sometimes we have to work it out for our selves; most of the prophesy in Rev. is regurgitated from previous prophesy; sometimes it is history repeated; but always symbolic.

Jesus Christ don't apparently realize that Revelation is "symbolic".

Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 23:15

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Matthew 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

(Oh dear Lord; I'm sorry You're so misinformed. Hell doesn't really exist. Just ask @sparow.)

Mark 9:43

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Luke 12:5

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we have donkeys "With attitude" who are allowed to talk rather snidely to their owners in the bible.

Then we have the lion laying down with the lamb in the new heaven and the new earth once things are recreated. That, of course, requires both lions and lambs. Thus, there will be animals in heaven/the new earth.

Will they be our pets? Sorry. No data.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So we have donkeys "With attitude" who are allowed to talk rather snidely to their owners in the bible.

Then we have the lion laying down with the lamb in the new heaven and the new earth once things are recreated. That, of course, requires both lions and lambs. Thus, there will be animals in heaven/the new earth.

Will they be our pets? Sorry. No data.

Yet we also have no data to contradict the idea either. Reason would have it that if other animals are there; why not pets?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Indeed. Sin and Suffering are never exterminated, and exist on the new earth, Just outside the gates of the Holy City. (Revelation 22:15)

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not only do all dogs go to the new earth, they all turn into Golden Retriever Puppies upon arrival, and remain in that state for eternity...

Golden Retrievers or Newfoundlands! Do we get to pick a preferred dog breed? LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Golden Retrievers or Newfoundlands! Do we get to pick a preferred dog breed? LOL

Interestingly, Golden Retrievers' ancestors are Newfoundlands...
GR's came for Crossing a St Johns Newfoundland with an English Water Spaniel..
They are not from the same Sub-genus as Labradors, as is commonly thought.

So Yes, I'll allow for Newfoundlands being there as well...
I'll make sure this exception gets noted in the book of life. :)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Revelation 19:20 (NKJV)
20 …. the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 …..the lake of fire and brimstone...

Revelation 20:14-15 (NKJV)
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

“”And why do you think the lost do not have an eternal existence. Revelation 14:11 says "the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever". “”

<< Revelation is the only place that describes the lake of fire and it does not equate it to Sodom and Gomora>>

The lake of fire passages, in context.
Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
And 1000 years later, the beast and the false prophet, who is a person, are still in the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and they] shall be tormented [plural verb] day and night for ever and ever.
Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
The lake of fire [LOF] is called “the second death” twice in Rev. vss. 20:14 and 21:8. While this is true, Rev. never says that anyone is thrown into the LOF then they die. The terms the “lake of fire” and “ the second death” are interchangeable, “the lake of fire” is “the second death” and the “second death” is “the lake of fire,” thus we can see that it is not synonymous with death or destruction.
…..We also see that being thrown into the LOF is not synonymous with death from Rev 19:20, where the beast and the false prophet, who is a person, are thrown into the LOF and 1000 years later in 20:10 the devil, is thrown into the LOF. Three living beings, are thrown into the LOF but they do not die, they are tormented day and night for ever and ever. There is not one verse in Revelation which says anyone or anything is thrown into the LOF then they/it dies.
…..Rev 20:14 says death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. Death is the point in time end of life, it has no physical presence and cannot be literally thrown anywhere. Since neither death nor hell could or have died a first death they can’t die a second death. But there is a scriptural answer which does not involve jumping through hoops mixing literal and figurative in one sentence, there is a death and hell which can be thrown into the LOF.

Revelation 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
The angel of death and the demon of hell are thrown into the LOF and their power to kill ended.
More verses which show that the LoF is not synonymous with death or destruction. Rev 21:4 says “there shall be no more death” in vs. 5 Jesus said “Behold I make all things new.” “No more death””all things new” but 3 verses later Rev 21:8 says certain groups “shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” If there is no more death after vs. 4 then those thrown into the lake of fire in vs. 8 do not die.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Interesting catch on "death and hell" in the horsemen passage.

The angel of death and the demon of hell are thrown into the LOF and their power to kill ended.

The "angel of death" is a theophany of God (Exodus 12:12) So it can't be the "angle of death" thrown into the lake of fire. It has to be some other defining factor of "death" itself.

In the new heaven and new earth death will no longer exist; so that has to be "the connection" in relation to Revelation. I don't know what that passage means (haven't studied it) but you raise a good point about "death and hell" "cast into the lake of fire". they are both "concepts" portrayed in a "noun" form although obviously so as very tangible "things".

Interesting!

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. Sin and Suffering are never exterminated, and exist on the new earth, Just outside the gates of the Holy City. (Revelation 22:15)

Revelation 21:4.

1 Peter 1:4 describes an inheritance that is incorruptible. So does 1 Corinthians 15:52.

Now if you look at the few passages following Revelation 22:15, you'll see "and the Spirit and the bride say come and let all who hear say come...". That's language connected to the concept of salvation. And since people aren't saved in the new heavens and new earth; leads me to believe this passage in Revelation 22:15 is speaking of "the New Jerusalem" consisting of those existing of the eternal body while in this life.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<RP>Interesting catch on "death and hell" in the horsemen passage.
The "angel of death" is a theophany of God (Exodus 12:12) So it can't be the "angle of death" thrown into the lake of fire. It has to be some other defining factor of "death" itself.
In the new heaven and new earth death will no longer exist; so that has to be "the connection" in relation to Revelation. I don't know what that passage means (haven't studied it) but you raise a good point about "death and hell" "cast into the lake of fire". they are both "concepts" portrayed in a "noun" form although obviously so as very tangible "things".
Interesting!
<RP>
In Rev 6:8 the rider on the pale horse may not have been an angel but it was referred to with a personal pronoun so it was obviously a sentient being.
Revelation 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Upvote 0