What % of "conservatives" do you think believe the idea human beings are made in God's image?

• Total voters

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I heard a conservative on a show mention all conservatives, "We believe in the idea that human beings were made in God's image, each and every one of us."

Wondering what % of conservatives believe what % do believe what he said.

Please, if you aren't a "conservative" (whatever that means to you), don't vote. Feel free to comment, though.

Last edited:

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just the smart ones.
That doesn't tell me what people think about the statement, just thoughts on the statement.

Did you vote?

(Out of curiosity, if I'm conservative are you saying I'm not smart?)

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard a conservative on a show mention all conservatives believe in the "...idea human beings made in God's image".

Please, if you aren't a "conservative" (whatever that means to you), don't vote. Feel free to comment, though.
Why wonder? Gallup has been asking this question for 50 years and breaking it down by political affiliation.

You can find it via Google or through their website

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why wonder? Gallup has been asking this question for 50 years and breaking it down by political affiliation.

I could not find, nor have seen, a poll wondering what conservatives think about what other conservatives believe.

Do you have link to it/one?

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

He wants a discussion on an internet forum. That's why we're all here.

Conservatives/GOP are a coalition but virtually zero atheists vote Republican. How many Republicans are atheists?

There are traditional theists who vote Democratic. A fair number at my church, but then I live in Maryland.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I could not find, nor have seen, a poll wondering what conservatives think about what other conservatives believe.

Do you have link to it/one?

I have a link to the breakdown of creationist beliefs by stated political affiliation:
Republicans, Democrats Differ on Creationism

This may not be quite exactly "conservative" but it will probably be the closest real data point.

Try also, Barna Research.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone who can't tell the difference between belief in Creationism and belief that "human beings are created in God's image" is theologically illiterate.
Likewise anyone who uses "human beings are created in God's image" as justification for creationism

• Winner
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a link to the breakdown of creationist beliefs by stated political affiliation:
Republicans, Democrats Differ on Creationism

This may not be quite exactly "conservative" but it will probably be the closest real data point.

Try also, Barna Research.
Thanks, but that gives statistics on what the individual believes about their views (on evolution) not others views.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He wants a discussion on an internet forum. That's why we're all here.

Conservatives/GOP are a coalition but virtually zero atheists vote Republican. How many Republicans are atheists?

There are traditional theists who vote Democratic. A fair number at my church, but then I live in Maryland.
I know several evangelicals that vote Democrat.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I'd suspect that the highest proportion of people who do not believe that all humans were created in God's image can be found among those who support abortion and euthanasia. The justification for those sins are always either that a human life is unworthy of life because of some defect in the person, or that it is unworthy of life because it is inconvenient. I don't see how either view is compatible with believing that everyone has the dignity inherent to being in the image of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
IMO you first have to make sure everyone is using the same definition of "human beings." Not everyone considers people outside their race human. As was noted another thread, some even use scripture to justify it.
That's just what the commentator said, so I'm leaving it up to everyone to use their own interpretation.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I heard a conservative on a show mention all conservatives believe in the "...idea human beings made in God's image".

Are or were created in God's image? You didn't say.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I'd suspect that the highest proportion of people who do not believe that all humans were created in God's image can be found among those who support abortion and euthanasia.
Or because we know what scripture actually says about man and God's image.
Taking a human life doesn't have anything to do with whether man is in God's image. If that is a person's only objection to abortion they are standing on very shaky ground.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO you first have to make sure everyone is using the same definition of "human beings." Not everyone considers people outside their race human. As was noted another thread, some even use scripture to justify it.
And the same definition of God's image.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0