Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just noticed this. All of the animals that are clean for us, are herbivores.

18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

God had this click for me when I read the bold section of verse 20. But yeah, I just never really realized this before. All animals (aside from fish) that God used for us, as clean, eat only vegetables or fruits. All other animals, eat either only meat, or a combination. Even rabbits eat their young. The only animals that I can think of that eat other animals out of those which are clean, are fish (off the top of my head). And these still (depending on the fish) don't even consistently do this, it's just a part of their diet, not the whole thing.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

God had this click for me when I read the bold section of verse 20. But yeah, I just never really realized this before. All animals (aside from fish) that God used for us, as clean, eat only vegetables or fruits. All other animals, eat either only meat, or a combination. Even rabbits eat their young. The only animals that I can think of that eat other animals out of those which are clean, are fish (off the top of my head). And these still (depending on the fish) don't even consistently do this, it's just a part of their diet, not the whole thing.

And shellfish are an abomination as well.
Red Lobster makes me ill, anyway.

can-stock-photo_csp18376036.jpg

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

Chickens, ducks, geese, eat both vegetation and meat [usually bugs]

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

Not all herbivores are kosher; the horse for instance. The only herbivores that are clean are those that are ruminants, that is, they chew the cud.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My moms chickens eat fish, bugs, snakes, mice...... pretty much anything they can get down their gullet (which is a suprisingly large selection, she saw one eat what must have been at least a 18" snake the other day)
Welp, busted. Congrats for breaking my theory.

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: Runswithdogs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My moms chickens eat fish, bugs, snakes, mice...... pretty much anything they can get down their gullet (which is a suprisingly large selection, she saw one eat what must have been at least a 18" snake the other day)
Nah, I kid. I wasn't saying it meant anything, I just thought of it and felt like sharing. You've got a great point though! I'm glad you pointed that out though, for sure!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, and it makes sense. When I checked into this, herbivore animals are more nutritious. BTW there are unclean animals such as rabbits that are also herbivores.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Vegans eat clean....:rolleyes::peach::pear::pineapple::rice::eggplant::maize::grapes::strawberry::ricecooked::curryrice::chestnut::cherries::mushroom::bread::lemon::banana::sweetpotato::tangerine::teacup::tomato::watermelon::wineglass::greenapple::coffee::melon:

My daughter is vegetarian and her husband is vegan, both strict. A couple of years ago they took a wilderness canoe trek for a week. The first thing they did on return was to eat a big meal of fish and chips. Both sheepishly admitted that it was exactly what their bodies needed.

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
My daughter is vegetarian and her husband is vegan, both strict. A couple of years ago they took a wilderness canoe trek for a week. The first thing they did on return was to eat a big meal of fish and chips. Both sheepishly admitted that it was exactly what their bodies needed.

No offense to them but sounds like they didn't plan their protein or oils right. I went camping in the woods by myself once for about 3 and a half weeks being vegan and did well. The only hard part was boiling stream water every day. Other than that I was good. Beans, rice, coconut oil, and veggies :D

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
No offense to them but sounds like they didn't plan their protein or oils right. I went camping in the woods by myself once for about 3 and a half weeks being vegan and did well. The only hard part was boiling stream water every day. Other than that I was good. Beans, rice, coconut oil, and veggies :D
Yep.. beans and rice or bread make up the protein.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And they eat their poop or "cud" in the polite sense.
No - "cud" is not their poo.

Ruminants have multiple stomachs and what goes down to the first stomach gets processed and then comes back up (as the cud) and chewed before going down to the second stomach for further processing.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0