• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Aliens?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Chriliman, Jun 18, 2021.

Aliens?

1. Don’t exist

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Exist, but haven’t found us yet

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Exist and plan to kill us

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Exist and might accidentally destroy us building their space megastructures

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Exist and have found us, but leave us alone

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. Exist and are surveilling us to keep us from destroying ourselves

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Don’t know

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  8. Don’t care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We eat most other species. Aliens would most likely do the same to us.
    And puddled water is rare. Can you imagine animal species that dump body waste into their own water supply?

2. The happy Objectivist

The happy Objectivist Well-Known Member

+176
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I've thought about this more than I care to admit and I don't think that is true. The energies involved with traveling faster than light would easily wipe out a planet. I think that any alien species that has reached that level of technology would destroy itself if it hadn't evolved philosophically as well as technologically. Then again they might think totally different than us and have a totally different nature. Then we'd be in deep doo doo.

3. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+4,341
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Got a source for this claim that we eat most other species? I bet that for every species you can name that Humans eat, I can name five that humans don't eat.

4. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,191
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Once you realize they are demons not aliens you will be wishing you hadn't.

5. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+2,963
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    If they were demons who wanted to be found and seen, why wouldn't they leave hard evidence?

6. Vap841

Vap841 Active Member

+137
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    One thing that I think about is the possibility that there’s a practical ceiling for technological advancements, and that this ceiling might be much lower than what people like to fantasize about. For a few centuries we’ve been enjoying a steep slope of technological advancements, but is it out of the realm of possibility that in say 200 years it really starts to exhaust itself?

You always hear people talking about a planet just like Earth in 2021, yet 500 years ahead of us, or 1000 years ahead, or 50,000 years ahead, etc. But what if instead there’s millions of goldilocks planets out there who simply “Peaked” and to peak is to only be ahead of Earth by a much humbler amount? Also imagine that such a technological ceiling allowed “Peaked” worlds to communicate with each other, but for anyone to physically travel between those planets would simply never be in the realm of practical possibility.

7. coffee4u

+2,191
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Probably because you would be smart enough to see the hard evidence and run away. You catch more flies with honey. Doesn't make the trap any less deadly.

8. chad kincham

chad kincham Well-Known Member

+786
    Christian
    Married
    Created by fallen angels.

9. Shemjaza

+2,963
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    Why would we run from the evidence for aliens? I'd have thought that they'd want to be out in the open with flying saucers in front of the White House to prop up the false narrative of being space aliens.

10. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,743
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    We had one in office for 4 years---he's still running around loose!

11. chad kincham

+786
    Christian
    Married
    Here ya go guys, the well known Chuck Missler on nephilim and their return as angels.

12. Shemjaza

+2,963
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    What's the source of this narrative? (I'll try to match the video later, but a slow hour is more than I'm willing to invest at this time).

Nephilim get a couple of vague references in the Bible and a part in a massively expanded version of Genesis 6 in the Book of Enoch (but not many Christians see this as a reliable source).

But all the stories about Nephilim space aliens and ancient world genetic engineering just seems to be as completely made up as UFO conflicts with space federations and dragon blood lines.

13. The happy Objectivist

The happy Objectivist Well-Known Member

+176
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I don't think there is such a thing, Coffee. So I'm not at all worried.

14. chad kincham

+786
    Christian
    Married
    Was there a video link there?

It seems to be missing.

Let me try again: Chuck Missler - the return of the nephilim - fallen angel hybrids - as aliens:

15. SkyWriting

+7,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You make a good point. We should be eating far more species that we do.

"Overreliance on too few varieties and species is leaving the food system unnecessarily exposed to shocks and stresses, as well as neglecting a high-impact solution to major health, environmental and food security challenges,"
    Just a Few Species Make Up Most of Earth's Food Supply. And That's a Problem | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

16. coffee4u

+2,191
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Come here and you can try kangaroo, emu and crocodile.

17. SkyWriting

+7,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We have some similar items at our state fair each year.
    Exotic Meat Grill

18. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,932
    Atheist
    I've thought about this just a little, and it seems to me that if aliens ate other living things, their metabolisms would have evolved to obtain energy from the local (alien) life forms they co-evolved with. Evolution also tends to select for particular care in eating what is unfamiliar.

So it seems to me that in the unlikely event that alien metabolism would be compatible with Earthly life, they would be unlikely to want to eat what would be, to them, alien life.

All speculation, of course, and they might turn out to be like the Kanamit in Damon Knight's 1950's short story, "To Serve Man" (one of my childhood favourites!)

19. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+16,063
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    * Aliens = (non earth lifeforms)
    Do Aliens ? I'd put good money on it.
    Do Intelligent Aliens exist? I might put a few bucks on that.
    Have Aliens visited Earth in the last few thousand years? Not a bet I'd be willing to take.

20. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,733
    Atheist
    Single
    They are very very sneaky, unless you are an old farmer walking in his field late at night for some obscure reason. Then they become rather inept.