• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Aliens, could I have seen something?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by frankalexanderberg1985, May 10, 2020.

1. frankalexanderberg1985

frankalexanderberg1985 Active Member

+75
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I tried to draw what I saw below, I could just have been dreaming or something, but I don`t know now, it feels a little different from that, what do you think from the picture?

Attached Files:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,986
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    It kind of looks like ET from the E.T. film.

3. frankalexanderberg1985

+75
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    eheh, you think?

4. Franki(ncense)

Franki(ncense) Relax! Oluwa's running the show... Supporter

+640
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    If you hadn't attached your story, I would have thought it was one of those strange looking paintings by Picasso.

5. frankalexanderberg1985

+75
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Wow, Picasso :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+3,566
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Where did you see this thing?

7. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+1,810
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It's like the typical line from "Ghost Hunters": Hey, did you SEE that?!

8. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+993
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Aliens are demons. So either you saw a demon or if you are taking anything you had an hallucination.

9. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+2,775
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    i'm really curious.

How do you know that aliens exist?

and, if they do exist ​

How do you know they are demons?
    OB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+3,650
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    What was the context in which you saw this thing?

11. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+9,165
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    If you experienced this at night time, it was probably a result of the many sleep-related phenomena.

I myself hallucinate at night and have seen all sorts of weird things over the years.

12. Strathos

+3,566
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Maybe it was just a person that looked weird due to low light conditions or something.

13. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+9,165
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    What if they're actually aliens? o_O

14. coffee4u

+993
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    As a Christian, I believe that God only made angels and humans.
    Some angels fell and those got called demons.
    So Biblically I can base what has been seen either on the spiritual (demons) the physical (flesh and blood human) or the mind which could be an hallucination from drugs or a mental condition.

I believe all alien sightings are demons or hallucinations. I don't believe aliens as in visitors from other planets exist. Only that is what they want people to believe.
    The very fact that alien cults exist-remember heaven's gate? They committed mass suicide in order to reach an alien spacecraft following Comet Hale–Bopp. There are apparently many other alien cults still around and this also points to it being demonic. Satan has always wanted one thing, worship and he deceives to get it.

15. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,986
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    No, aliens are not demons. If they exist, then are visitors from other planets. The Bible does not preclude the existence of life on other planets.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+2,775
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    Thanks. I misunderstood you.

I had to look 'Heaven's Gate' up. From my point of view they sound like a bunch of mentally disordered people. You seem to be assuming demonic involvement in alien cults simply because the cults exist.

OB

17. coffee4u

+993
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    That's your belief not mine.

I think the possibility of aliens visiting from other planets is astronomically small (we haven't even managed to send people to Mars yet) while the probability of demons who we know deceive, who we are told can look like an angel of light or a snake (probably look however they want) is high.

18. coffee4u

+993
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Like I said this is a Christian point of view.
    If you don't believe in the spiritual realm then you won't consider this view.
    We are warned in the Bible that Satan can appear as an angel of light. Meaning he can change how he looks. So why wouldn't he? Seems like a situation ripe for scamming in all ways possible. Spiritually, aliens would be a great deception but physically it could be a great money scheme. 'Aliens crash-landed here, pay to view-and get your T-shirt on the way out' lol. Doesn't matter if it true or not. I am not saying an alien cult has to be based on demonic sightings, but it could be, it is certainly ripe for it. It could be a combination of things including the mental, but there is no smoke without fire.

19. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+6,255
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    No. It is a point of view held by some, but pehaps not most, Christians. The Plurality of Worlds has been a matter of philosophical and theological debate for millenia. Although you say "this is a Christian point of view", the tenor of your posts suggests you believe it is "the Christian point of view". If that is what you intend you overreach your authority.

20. Strathos

+3,566
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    If you ask me, the vast majority of these sightings have much more mundane explanations than extraterrestrials or demons. So I wouldn't jump to either of those conclusions without ruling more obvious things out first.