Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe it happens. Maybe they are fallen angels...who are not born or from the Earth so are technically "alien" to this world.

I always thought of them as being the offspring of the Watchers in Enoch or rather known as the disincarnate entities of the Nephilim who "rapture" people away during their sleep.

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's real, as in really happening, but I don't think what is being experienced is actually what is happening.

Michael Heiser did a pretty good 35 minute analysis of the three possibilities for alien abduction. He includes sleep paralysis as an explanation. It's a strongly fitting hypothesis, but the explanatory scope is small as it would only cover abductions while asleep.

Every Christian should at least watch explanation 2.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it could be people who are not *yet* born again.

Umm no or maybe ?

John 17:9-19 King James Version (KJV)
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Jesus pray only for these which would believe not for whole world .

Likewise Angels are for these who would believe

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Not everybody has guardian angel

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Umm no or maybe ?

John 17:9-19 King James Version (KJV)
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Jesus pray only for these which would believe not for whole world .

Likewise Angels are for these who would believe

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Not everybody has guardian angel

Maybe means as in yes or no or yes? I dont think we are born saved.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our planet is surrounded by technology looking towards and away from us. "Everyone" has a camera on them now days, and security cameras and google mapping vehicles are ubiquitous.

My late brother worked in the Air Force for many years, and for a while worked with the folks that track every man made object in space (this includes lost screwdrivers and debris), and then later worked with the folks that watch the entire planet for "launches" of any sort.

This makes me think: So, I'm to believe there are aliens with such VASTLY superior technology that they can come and go unseen at will, but have some need to physically abduct humans to "probe" them (or whatever)... and yet can't wipe their memories or sedate them enough that they have no clue it happens to them?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe means as in yes or no or yes? I dont think we are born saved.

I think that these who will believe in future are asigned an angel to protect them untill they are sealed with Holy Spirit a.k.a born again .

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Based on my own experience with sleep related phenomena (e.g. hypnopompic hallucinations) I firmly believe that alien abductions, ghosts, demonic encounters and so on are tied to those. Hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations, sleep paralysis, sleepwalking, night terrors, and so on can all create extremely vivid experiences for the individual. But they are ultimately a product of the mind not any external forces.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think that these who will believe in future are asigned an angel to protect them untill they are sealed with Holy Spirit a.k.a born again .

Personally I think that God sends Guardian Angels to those in need of help such as those living in dangerous places. It's a sovereign response by him so does not mean that future believers will always be protected.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Based on my own experience with sleep related phenomena (e.g. hypnopompic hallucinations) I firmly believe that alien abductions, ghosts, demonic encounters and so on are tied to those. Hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations, sleep paralysis, sleepwalking, night terrors, and so on can all create extremely vivid experiences for the individual. But they are ultimately a product of the mind not any external forces.

I think those with a more liberal viewpoint may view things of the mind as less real or imagined. It makes sense that if "aliens" we're in fact really demonic spiritual forces they could influence the mind or even matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Our planet is surrounded by technology looking towards and away from us. "Everyone" has a camera on them now days, and security cameras and google mapping vehicles are ubiquitous.

My late brother worked in the Air Force for many years, and for a while worked with the folks that track every man made object in space (this includes lost screwdrivers and debris), and then later worked with the folks that watch the entire planet for "launches" of any sort.

This makes me think: So, I'm to believe there are aliens with such VASTLY superior technology that they can come and go unseen at will, but have some need to physically abduct humans to "probe" them (or whatever)... and yet can't wipe their memories or sedate them enough that they have no clue it happens to them?

I find the idea that aliens are some creatures from out space to be completely implausible mainly because ufos don't obey the universal laws of physics and so can't be based on actual technologies and also as another person linked a video from Professor Michael Heiser in which he explains that the Grey's always like to for some reason attack Christianity and yet fear the name of Jesus. It's clear from my understanding that the ufo phenomena is just a deception from hell.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So obviously this is at the deep end of the pool here but I wanted to know what some Christians thoughts were on this topic. This phenomena has somewhat been tied to sleep paralysis.

The mind is a strange thing. Put 10 people in a room and you will get 12 opinions. Studies have shown people can't even get facts correct like witness identification. Numerous studies have been done and almost no one remembers the same thing. Each person sees things in his or her own way. Yet each will swear they are correct.

No, the mind is too unreliable and we tend to convert the subconscious dreams into our reality.

Could there be other life? Sure there could. But don't you think that a being with the technology to travel the stars would have a better way of studying you then needing to probe you? I mean, seriously? Even we don't need to do that to learn about other animals. Baby thermometers notwithstanding..... They don't have x-ray and technology even we can't imagine since they can apparently traverse the interstellar space? No Star-Trek tricorders for alien life, just baby thermometers?

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The mind is a strange thing. Put 10 people in a room and you will get 12 opinions. Studies have shown people can't even get facts correct like witness identification. Numerous studies have been done and almost no one remembers the same thing. Each person sees things in his or her own way. Yet each will swear they are correct.

No, the mind is too unreliable and we tend to convert the subconscious dreams into our reality.

Could there be other life? Sure there could. But don't you think that a being with the technology to travel the stars would have a better way of studying you then needing to probe you? I mean, seriously? Even we don't need to do that to learn about other animals. Baby thermometers notwithstanding..... They don't have x-ray and technology even we can't imagine since they can apparently traverse the interstellar space? No Star-Trek tricorders for alien life, just baby thermometers?

You make a good point for about the technology aspect however the Abduction phenomena consistency is actually one of the most strongest aspects to it. The same type of Grey Alien. The same type of circular ship with lights around the edges. The same type of white light the same type of experiment setting and some sort of telepathy ect. If it were just some trick of the mind people would be talking about different experiences all together that have little correlation to each other. The fact is that Aliens in of themselves do not exist. We are all there is because the Bible says so. These are malevolently deceptive spiritual entities who implant false ideas about Christianity in order to sow confusion and get people away from thinking about the true God.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You make a good point for about the technology aspect however the Abduction phenomena consistency is actually one of the most strongest aspects to it. The same type of Grey Alien. The same type of circular ship with lights around the edges. The same type of white light the same type of experiment setting and some sort of telepathy ect. If it were just some trick of the mind people would be talking about different experiences all together that have little correlation to each other. The fact is that Aliens in of themselves do not exist. We are all there is because the Bible says so. These are malevolently deceptive spiritual entities who implant false ideas about Christianity in order to sow confusion and get people away from thinking about the true God.

Nah, our minds do that too and we feed each others fears.

http://blog.dilbert.com/2017/08/17/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble/

We aren't in the bubble, so can see it, but to those in it, it is totally a real experience.

Upvote 0