Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Note: This is political satire. If you do not have a sense of humor do not read it.

Once upon a time a young woman named Alice awoke to find herself in a strange new world. Her bed was no longer in her parents’ house, but rather in government housing. It seems her parents’ home was foreclosed upon. The price of fuel skyrocketed so her father couldn’t afford the payments on his truck and the home. He couldn’t sell the truck because the re-sale value tanked and he still needed to get back and forth to work. They previously had $50,000 in home equity but then they tried to re-finance all the foreclosures in the neighborhood had cratered the market so they couldn’t refinance it or even sell it. Her father lost the truck, his job and the house.

At school her teachers told her that high gas prices were a good thing because it made the outrageous costs of “green energy” more competitive. Her father was probably overpaid anyway and experiencing a little poverty would give them an appreciation the underclass. When the grades were announced, Alice was upset so she went to the teacher and asked why she had only received a B- when she had worked so hard, studies so much and had aced every test. The teacher explained that it was unfair to give her an A when the boy who sat behind her got a D-, so to be fair she averaged the grades and gave them both the same. Alice complained that the kid who didn’t study or do the work should be rewarded while her efforts were taken from her. The teacher explained that she shouldn’t be greedy and should “Share the grades.”

Alice couldn’t get into the school she wanted because a young illegal alien with a 1.0 GPA had applied and the school had to give him the advantage because of Affirmative Action rules. So she settled for a second rate school, worked hard and graduated with a 2.8 GPA. Everyone in her class received a 2.8 because that was the average and it wasn’t fair that she should get an advantage.

She got a job at a small company and was allowed to purchase a Chevy Volt. That was the only automobile approved of by the president of Liberal Land. The company had a cafeteria which served only tofu and green vegetables; steamed, not boiled. Alice wanted to apply herself and try to get ahead, but when it came time for a promotion it was given to someone who was lazy, never arrived on time and did terrible work. Her supervisor explained that it was a union shop and the man had applied one hour before Alice had, so he had seniority.

Alice saved her money in a government approved savings account that paid her 1% per year in interest. Eventually she started a business of her own. Her days were long. The business was open for eight hours per day but she had to be there a half hour early to open and a half hour later to clean up, then she had to spend another three hours doing paperwork to comply with regulations. Since minimum wage standards didn’t apply to the owner, Alice was the lowest paid person at her business. Still, she had a dream of being successful one day.

One of her employees came late every day, left early and refused to do much of anything while he was there. Then she caught him stealing and fired him. The next day she was slapped with a lawsuit for discrimination. She was branded a racist and a bigot, charges which the local paper brandished on the front page. Although she maintained she was perfectly justified in her actions, she was ordered to pay the man $50,000 in damages. Alice lost her business, her Volt, the trailer she lived in and her savings. Beyond that, Alice had a tax lien for the remainder of the money she owed.

Alice’s dreams were destroyed. She moved into government housing and signed up for food stamps. For the first time in years, Alice could afford to eat steak and practically anything she wanted. She had government funded cable and internet. She didn’t have to get up in the morning or work at anything. Alice was free to sit around the apartment, play games on the computer, keep her Facebook account up to date and have fun with the pedophiles in chat rooms by pretending to be 14 and lonely. She realized that she had been wrong all along. She changed her status to proudly identify herself as a supporter of President-for-life Hillary Clinton; the hero of Liberal Land.

After a long life Alice died and was buried in a grave paid for by taxpayers. She lay there in the darkness waiting for the afterlife. However, there was no God in Liberal Land. There was only the state and nothing more. She was consumed in darkness for many years. When she finally awoke, she was back in her bed in her parents’ home. Was it all a dream, or a nightmare? Was there still a chance to avoid the hopeless dark world of Liberal Land? Yes! There was one chance. That chance would come on November 8, 2016.

Last edited:

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The 'satire' as you call it, is as made up as Alice....

And the political philosophy of the one who created the satire is quite obvious. I enjoy satire because I have enough experience and intelligence to know that it is a satire. Part of that experience is seeing people less experienced, less educated and perhaps less intelligent fall for such satire --- be it from the left or right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the political philosophy of the one who created the satire is quite obvious. I enjoy satire because I have enough experience and intelligence to know that it is a satire. Part of that experience is seeing people less experienced, less educated and perhaps less intelligent fall for such satire --- be it from the left or right.
Some people are so thin skinned that I was hesitant to even post this because I was pretty sure someone would report it. I took the added step of running it by one of the mods to get a pre-emptive opinion, so at this point if someone is offended that's just sad for them. I've noticed that many people attack, attack attack, but they can't take even the slightest bit of fun poked at their expense. Make a joke and SOMEBODY is going to take offense and run to the mads claiming they were personally attacked; as if there is some honor in being thin skinned.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Make a joke and SOMEBODY is going to take offense and run to the mads claiming they were personally attacked

That was VERY satirical!!!

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Some people are so thin skinned that I was hesitant to even post this because I was pretty sure someone would report it. I took the added step of running it by one of the mods to get a pre-emptive opinion, so at this point if someone is offended that's just sad for them. I've noticed that many people attack, attack attack, but they can't take even the slightest bit of fun poked at their expense. Make a joke and SOMEBODY is going to take offense and run to the mads claiming they were personally attacked; as if there is some honor in being thin skinned.

This response to the words of others is remarkably similar to thoughts said by thin skinned people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Make a joke and SOMEBODY is going to take offense and run to the mads claiming they were personally attacked; as if there is some honor in being thin skinned.

That should be the sub-title of the forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone poops in your hat and calls it a joke, does that make it funny?

You claim that your so-called satire has been reported - is that a fact or more of your farce?

ETA: It's all a little dated. The job market is nowhere near the recession levels, oil & gas prices are down and the housing market is pretty stable in most areas nowadays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If someone poops in your hat and calls it a joke, does that make it funny?
No, but if someone poops in your hat and you don't realize it until it's already on your head, then it's hilarious.
You claim that your so-called satire has been reported - is that a fact or more of your farce?
Not this one, but I did get reported for something that was an obvious joke.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0