Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,123.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That does not allow people to make statements to defame someone without being responsible for them.

Unless it rises to the level of slander, yes it does.

Additionally AOC needs to follow the rules that govern appropriate conduct for Congressmen. It is past time for her to be called to account for her many inappropriate statements.

What rule do you feel she has broken?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She did disclose the location of the members of the House, ... after being warned not to do so ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We were locked in the House Chambers.</p>&mdash; Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) <a href="https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1346898735050199050?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">January 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Did you read the fact check? Did you read her twitter post? Do you have something that calls the fact check into doubt, if you do post it. posting that someone has been removed from some place in no way tells you where they are. It tell you where they are not.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you read the fact check? Did you read her twitter post? Do you have something that calls the fact check into doubt, if you do post it. posting that someone has been removed from some place in no way tells you where they are. It tell you where they are not.
The relevant tweet is not concerning Nancy Pelosi, ... it concerns the other 434 members of the House (including AOC) ...

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
and that is supposed to make it acceptable to call people elected to office who enjoy the public trust white supremacist? What have our values come to, is it now ok to say anything about any one without taking any responsibility?
So is it worse to call someone a white supremacy enthusiast than it is to be a white supremacy aficionado?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So is it worse to call someone a white supremacy enthusiast than it is to be a white supremacy aficionado?
NO not at all it is totally excused if someone else is a white supremacy aficionado, and none of the rules of the House of Representative regarding the conduct of members apply either, yes you get a say anything you want card. No need what so ever to be responsible and act like a Congressperson

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you need to go back and read what she said. Calling Congressmen White Supremacists without any evidence is simply irresponsible and should be censured for conduct unbecoming.
Well, she is right there are some that are, like Steve King, Matt Gaetz, and Marsha Blackburn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LionOfPatmos

Jan 13, 2021
Toronto
✟8,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Evidence please.

1. https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/aoc-g...y-clearly-our-nation-has-not-been-inoculated/
  2. AOC Threatens to Put Moderate Dems on a Primary ‘List’ If They Vote With GOP
  3. AOC threatens impeachment of Trump and Barr to stop Supreme Court nominee
  4. Top Democrat Crowley loses in shocker
  5. AOC: People Have No Choice But to Violently Riot
  6. Ocasio-Cortez dings ‘predominantly white’ areas for hurricanes that killed minorities
  7. https://aldianews.com/articles/poli...ric-condemning-white-supremacy-congress/62075
  8. https://nypost.com/2019/11/03/aoc-tweets-her-support-for-anti-police-protests-rocking-brooklyn/
Interesting note: she promoted and advocated for violent rioting but then complained about it when the opposition demonstrated a similar practice. Do you enjoy defending hypocrites?

Oh dear. That sounds too white supremacy for me to want to keep taking to you.
It is White supremacy to want to be free of unjustified verbal assault from others? You're not doing much to make yourself appear on good footing, you're only blindly parroting unfounded rhetoric. Continue your assault against the European race, (the vanguards of Christendom since antiquity), and see how far that gets you in the end. Don't try to think that will go unnoticed. The Moabites for example suffered a timely fate for taking a similar stance.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, she is right there are some that are, like Steve King, Matt Gaetz, and Marsha Blackburn.

Calling out white supremacism: Unacceptable
Actual white supremacism: Just fine and dandy

Seems to be the Republican standard these days.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don't get it. AoC said she was afraid of the white supremacists among her House colleagues. There are white supremacists in the House--it's not a secret, or even an accusation on her part. What's the big deal?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's 435 members in the House, ... some fairly new and openly supportive of QAnon ... and other conspiracies.

Not trusting certain ones of them with my life ... is not at all unreasonable.

In a body that large, I would seek to determine whom I felt I could trust ... and who I felt that I couldn't.

Let's face it. Noone thought that protestors would turn into ... or turn out to be insurrectionists. Noone thought that insurrectionists would be able to make their way into and, frankly, throughout the Capitol building ... on such a momentous day. The events playing out were surreal.

Also, it is likely that none of us ... have received the kind of threats and missives that Congress-people have been seeing this past year, with all the partisanship we've experienced. I'm sure that AOC, and Nancy, and even Pence, and now McConnell and others ... have all received the vilest of communiques ... of what some of their fellow Americans would like to do to them ... if given the opportunity.

Finally, none of us were there, when, in the midst of conducting one of the nation's most solemn duties, ... Congress-people were informed that the enemies were at the gates ... and had broken through, ... that they needed to take gas masks and find shelter as they could, some huddling in hiding in the chambers, while others were gotten out into safer areas of the building. None of us HEARD the repeated pounding upon the doors of the chambers, none of us heard the glass breaking, the timbers straining and crying under the onslaught that was sure to make entry.

I can understand why, in the midst of such an event, one might wonder who they could trust to guide them.

The truth is that there should have been a known and practiced evacuation plan in place ... so that they wouldn't have to wonder about placing trust for their lives ... in the hands of their fellows ...
She's not a fragile flower.

Upvote 0