Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So did we ever have any evidence that she "claimed to be Native American"?

Or was this
>> "It is a right because we are standing on native land, and Latino people are descendants of native people." <<
plus some tortured logic as close as we got?

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Whew! I was afraid we were going to go a whole day without at least two AOC threads.

That gal really has got some folks in the Trump base all steamed up. Good for her. Makes this place more entertaining.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
(1) The news source is conservative, which means it can be relied upon to be unbiased about liberals just as the National Enquirer can be relied upon to prove the existence of Big Foot and Nessie.

(2) I googled 'Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez claims to be Native American' and found three articles with AOC claiming to be Native American and all were conservative "news" sources, one being the OP.

(3) It is always wise to fact check any news story from a conservative talking head like the source in the OP to make sure the content of the story are actual facts and not conservative political nonsense.

(4) If conservatives are so concerned about Native American issues like tribal blood quantum status, then perhaps they could extend their concern to more pressing issues like protecting the remaining scraps of tribal lands from the forced encroachment of rich oil pipeline and fracking companies.

Well in my experience threads about AOC are pretty reliably unreliable around here, lol. Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Falsely Claims to be Native American

What? Another Democrat claiming to be a Native American lol.

AOC claims she just a average girl from the Bronx, she not, now she claiming to be a native American, not only is she a dangerous Authoritarian, with her ideas of banning cow farts, steaks, and air travel with her Green New Deal, no she is a fraud. Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, AOC, Elizabeth Warren among others are making it easy for President Trump to win in 2020, the farther left the DNC goes, the President will win in 2020 ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::
You have some kind of proof of her lineage? Most Latinos have some Native American ancestry.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lineage.

Puerto Ricans can’t be Native American? There were people living in Puerto Rico before Europeans arrived there.

Yes, but I would not consider Puerto Rico to be part of America, geographically speaking.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and even if one were to allow the argument that Mexicans are "Native Americans", that still doesn't really mean that they should be allowed to swarm into the US, as the Aztecs and other Nahua peoples which most Mexicans share ancestry with, weren't living in the territory of the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have some kind of proof of her lineage? Most Latinos have some Native American ancestry.

It is likely that she has some native blood if she is Puerto Rican because a majority of Puerto Ricans are descendants of the Taino Nation. The Taino were nearly wiped out of existence due to the spread of European diseases and European colonization and the slave trade led by Christopher Columbus.

According to the study funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation, 61 percent of all Puerto Ricans have Amerindian mitochondrial DNA, 27 percent have African and 12 percent Caucasian. (Nuclear DNA, or the genetic material present in a gene’s nucleus, is inherited in equal parts from one’s father and mother. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only from one’s mother and does not change or blend with other materials over time.) - Indigenous Puerto Rico: DNA evidence upsets established history

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Looks like an American island to me, but I don’t know what the official designation is.

Puerto Rico is (geographically and culturally) part of the West Indies.

AFAIK, in 1492 Puerto Rico was occupied by the Taino people, whose ancestors had come from South America, and who spoke a language related to the languages of South America.

It is unfortunate that, living in a US territory, Puerto Ricans do not play cricket with their West Indies brothers and sisters (although, strangely, the United States Virgin Islands do).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's hilarious and more than a little pathetic how she so clearly rankles conservatives, to the point that many of them can't stop talking obsessively about her (and thus signal-boosting her ideas and igniting a national conversation about them). She must be doing something right and I support her 100%.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course you do.

And that's why the 2020 election will be fought on the plusses and minusses of the "Green New Deal."

Excellent! I hope they are.
Ringo

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.