England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rev.Alexander Boddy was a Church of England Vicar in a Sunderland UK Parish. Do you know how He became an influential Pentecostal leader in the beginning of the 20th Century Pentecostal movement?

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When Alexander Boddy became the Vicar at All Saint's Church,Sunderland,it was in poor shape. The previous incumbent was alcoholic and the church was in bad repair and the parish neglected. Boddy worked hard to rectify this situation renovating the church buildings and caring for his parish. He married and his wife joined him in improving the work. Boddy visited the Welsh Revival and prayed with others in the church vestry for a move of God. What an outpouring of the Holy Spirit followed!any were baptised in the Holy Spirit after a visit from T B Barrett of Norway,where revival had broken out. The prayer meetings led to Pentecostal Conventions and people visited from near and far. The Pentecostal experience is now widespread around the world.

• Informative
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Alexander Boddy never left the Church of England. It was not his intention to form new denominations.,but to encourage believers to experience the power of Pentecost and that power is available to all believers in these days,who will receive.

• Informative
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
After Alexander Boddy came back from the Norway outpouring,he continued seeking God in the vestry of All Saints Church,Sunderland. and received several anointings in the Holy Spirit. He said,'Our prayer meetings were filled with power...On one occasion received a special witness from the Lord of my sanctification. It was when we were adoring the Lamb that the power of God overwhelmed me and caused me to sink helpless to the floor. It was thus that God specially met me,filling me more and more until the sign came and the full vessel at last overflowed'

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1914 was the last year of the Sunderland Conventions under the chairmanship of Rev. Alexander Boddy. World War I broke out. Boddy was nearly 60 years old then. He went to work in the war zone in 1915 and also served His parish as Vicar. He remained in the Church of England,but hi faithful ministry paved the way for the Pentecostal Movement that resulted in AOG and Elim and others being formed.

Upvote 0