United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
this is about The Noahide Laws.
One would think the sabbatarian MJs would know more about that than us lowly "gentile dogs" [but then again, perhaps not ehehe] :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t6065541-2/#post38646733
History of the Noahide Laws

I know about the recent upsurge in Noahide Law activity. But when it comes to when it all started, it gets vague.

So how far back does these laws go?? Historical Documentation please with date references.....

I know about the understanding that it was since Noah's day... yada yada. Well, it wasn't spoken of in the old testament to my knowledge. Moses didn't speak of it. Abraham did not speak of it.

I am suspicious that it was created around 70AD when the division between the "Messiah Yeshua" group did not participate in the revolt. It was the cut off point for the gentiles in the Jewish Community. So they pick up on the Jerusalem Council and with a little creative wizardry... vola .. Noahide Laws for Gentiles was born.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

One would think the sabbatarian MJs would know more about that than us lowly "gentile dogs" [but then again, perhaps not ehehe] :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t6065541-2/#post38646733
History of the Noahide Laws

I know about the recent upsurge in Noahide Law activity. But when it comes to when it all started, it gets vague.

So how far back does these laws go?? Historical Documentation please with date references.....

I know about the understanding that it was since Noah's day... yada yada. Well, it wasn't spoken of in the old testament to my knowledge. Moses didn't speak of it. Abraham did not speak of it.

I am suspicious that it was created around 70AD when the division between the "Messiah Yeshua" group did not participate in the revolt. It was the cut off point for the gentiles in the Jewish Community. So they pick up on the Jerusalem Council and with a little creative wizardry... vola .. Noahide Laws for Gentiles was born.

OH MY.......:pray:that's quite the thread.

never ceases to amaze me.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

that's one reason they wanna do our brother Paul this way:

New Perspective on Paul
New Perspective on Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tsk tsk....what about this word is hard to get?: accursed

*gasp*

Catholic and Orthodox reactions
The new perspective has, by and large, been an internal debate among Protestant scholars. Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox writers have generally responded favorably to new perspective ideas,[citation needed] seeing both a greater commonality with their own beliefs and seeing strong similarities with the views of many of the early Church Fathers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Son of Israel

Oct 9, 2009
Rogue River, Oregon
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Kaitlin08
It may be hard to accept that there are a variety of things in the Bible that have absolutely no relevance to Christians today, but it is with this acceptance that the veil is removed and the shining of Christ is evident in the person. Notice the word synagogue in the verse you quoted; what Jesus said to his immediate disciples had no relevance for even the Christians in the second generation who would live outside Judea.
So there arn't like, a gazillion synagogues all over the world??

Just how much of scripture do you want to toss as not relevant to Christians today?

I'll keep the whole lot thanks. :doh:

There were also synagogues all over the civilized world in the time of Paul;

(Act 2:5) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
(Act 2:9) Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
(Act 2:10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
(Act 2:11) Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Today more than ever, should we heed these scriptures, now that recently the antichrist is given a plot of real estate to pretend is from God, and governments to subvert. Tribulation is a sure bet at their hands, as has always been. Lets here what Jesus and the saints know about this;

(Mat 10:17) But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

(Mat 16:6) Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

(Mat 16:11) How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

(Mat 16:12) Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

(Tit 1:14) Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Dozens more scriptures warn Christians of the Jews and their protocols.

Let's heed the warning!

Nice presentation here Doc, may you be Blessed :)

Upvote 0

Son of Israel

Oct 9, 2009
Rogue River, Oregon
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've read this about half of this thread, and it sounds very interesting.

I have one question for you all at this point. And it is two-fold. The UN is made up of many many Muslim nations. One, don't you think they would pose a huge oposition to this within the UN? And second, the Muslims are actively seeking implimentation of Sharia law around the world as well. Through the UN. Have you all forgotten about the Muslim population represented within the UN?

I can not imagine a Muslim accepting the Sanhedren as authoritive. Sure the root is the same, but they are Esav and Yismael. And they have yet to be reconciled together.

Your fearing Judaism is going to rule the world is funny to me. No offense intended. Because I've always been more atuned to the rise of Islam in the UN.

Point of my question I guess is, how do you explain the existance of Islam in all this? The denial of the deity of Yeshua is in their favor, but how can you see them siding with Chasidic/Noahide Judaism?

The Islamists won't side with it. There will be greater and greater strife between the Jews and the Muslims until the red button is pushed.

The Christian dispensationalists of the world will be quite stunned when a Muslim country finally nukes and obliterates Israel, which won't be too long.

The Christian nations have been all but nuetered at this point and are at the Jews' mercy, who are awesome in their subterfuge and subtilty. The Christian nations won't be able to digest seeing their dispenstional ideas of a worldwide kingdom ruled by Jesus out of Jerusalem destroyed when that city is wiped out.

There will be a final polarizing of sympathists from the weakening "christian" nations in rallying to the support of the Jews, but it is only a death shudder.

But the Muslims will crush them both in the end, they will be burnt.
Then is the end.
Then is the Kingdom delivered up.
Watch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VolRaider

Dec 18, 2010
Athens, TN
✟17,538.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They do my friend.

I think though, they have chosen GUNS instead. ;)

And they intend to use them to enforce their laws.

The U.N. is a bunch of wimps. They don't have the guts to enforce laws. They are the League of Nations, Part II.

Upvote 0

CryptoLutheran

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Critically thinking reptilian underlords and chemtrail theories into existence, one moment please...

I wasn't being serious.

I believe as much in Zionist conspiracy plots and Reptilian alien nonsense as I do unicorns and fairies.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

The U.N. is a bunch of wimps. They don't have the guts to enforce laws. They are the League of Nations, Part II.

:wave:

they've never been about enforcing any good laws.

the whole point is to usurp power from the nations, but never have enough "teeth" to really do "enough".

it is set up to do exactly what it is doing.

they are all about global eugenics and total control dressed up to look loving. centralization of power.

example - Rwanda: they were not there to stop it, they were there to see it followed through.

don't take my word for it: read the book by General Roméo Antonius Dallaire himself. he'll tell you what he found out.

Shake Hands with the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda is a book by Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire of the Canadian Forces, with help from Major Brent Beardsley. It was first published by Random House Canada in September 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_Hands_with_the_Devil_(book)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

I wasn't being serious.

I believe as much in Zionist conspiracy plots and Reptilian alien nonsense as I do unicorns and fairies.

-CryptoLutheran

True to form, Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law center wastes no time in pointing the finger at “Right Wing Ideology” as the motive for the assassination attempt of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Meanwhile Potok conveniently leaves out the fact that Jared Loughner listed the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf as one of his favorite books.
Potok blames David Wynn Miller and David Icke, among others, by name...

interesting isn't it?:wave:news travels fast.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So, in summary, this is just another paranoid conspiracy theory, just like when H1N1/SARS was supposed to result in concentration camps and mass murder form the federal government, or how Nibiru was supposed to come close to the earth or something back in July, or that the Illuminati are controlling the world through some obscure trust fund.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

child of Jesus

So, in summary, this is just another paranoid conspiracy theory, just like when H1N1/SARS was supposed to result in concentration camps and mass murder form the federal government, or how Nibiru was supposed to come close to the earth or something back in July, or that the Illuminati are controlling the world through some obscure trust fund.

:wave:
ya.....nuthin' to see here folks.....move along.

i think i'll just make some stuff up for a while...let's see: here's a video i just whipped up - none of it is true, so it surely is not happening again.

"We shall have world government, whether or not we like it," declared international banker James P. Warburg (CFR) in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1950. "The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest."

In 1994, Shridath Ramphal, co-chairman of the Commission on Global Governance, proudly declared that the era of world government had already begun, "because there are no sanctuaries left — there's no place to run to."

"More Lethal Than War"

What would be the consequences if the world government sought by Insiders like Warburg and Ramphal came to pass? Terror and oppression without precedent, warns Professor R.J. Rummel of the University of Hawaii, a renowned expert on "democide" — the systematic mass-murder by governments. In this century, warns Rummel, "government has been truly a mass murderer, a global plague of man' s own making." Where "absolute Power reigns," Rummel observes, government is more lethal than war: "... even without the excuse of combat, Power also massacres in cold blood those helpless people it controls — in fact, several times more of them."

In George Orwell's novel 1984, Big Brother's agent O'Brien explains to his victim Winston Smith that "the Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power .... One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."

Orwell's fiction was a mirror of Soviet reality: Lenin explained that "the scientific concept of dictatorship means nothing else but this: power without limit, resting directly upon force, restrained by no laws, absolutely unrestricted by rules."

The Soviet Story

The Soviet Story - informationliberation

~ one ought not watch this film if they are still:

1) living in denial
2) living in fear of man
3) too much of a wimp to prepare

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

So this thread has nothing to do with theology. Got it. I imagine a moderator will be moving it soon.

theology? dear friend: if you can't see the picture, does that mean others can't? what good is silencing the thread? what's the hurry?

let's look again:

New World Encyclopedia:About - New World Encyclopedia

New World Encyclopedia:About

From New World Encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Purpose

The New World Encyclopedia organizes human knowledge in a way that allow a reader to learn information, not just for its own sake, but for its value to the world as a whole. The underlying goal of the encyclopedia is to promote knowledge that leads to happiness, well-being, and world peace.

The New World Encyclopedia is an ever-expanding body of knowledge that currently contains thousands of carefully selected articles.
The New World Encyclopedia is intended for use by teachers and students who are drawn to the ease of use of Wikipedia, but are concerned about quality, consistency, and core values. New World Encyclopedia combines the great benefits of open source internet media with those of traditional and careful editorial supervision by scholars. Here we have the benefit of hyperlinks and greater detail found on-line encyclopedias, combined with the traditional review of facts, grammar, and values.

This encyclopedia transcends the metaphysical assumptions of both the Enlightenment and Modern Encyclopedias. The originator of this project is Sun Myung Moon. Thus, scholarly content carries and projects values tied to human purpose, the design of creation found in the world's great religions and spiritual traditions, as well as that which is clearly revealed through science and in the lives and work of people of conscience....

SEARCH:

Noahide Laws

According to Jewish tradition, the Noahide Laws (Hebrew: שבע מצוות בני נח, Sheva mitzvot b'nei Noach), also called the Brit Noah ("Covenant of Noah") refer to seven religious laws that were given by God to Adam and Noah, which are considered to be morally binding on non-Jews. These laws are listed in the Talmud and elucidated by post-Talmudic authorities. Opinions differ on the reach of these commandments and the laws derived from them, but all contemporary Jewish authorities agree that there are seven commandments. These commandments and laws are based on oral traditions as well as scriptural exegesis of Genesis 2:16 and Genesis 9:4-6.

The Noahide Laws are significant because they attempt to extend God's saving grace outside the realm of Judaism so that non-Jews will also have a share in the world to come (in so far as they follow the Noahide Laws).

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
theology? dear friend: if you can't see the picture, does that mean others can't? what good is silencing the thread? what's the hurry?

let's look again:

You are quoting a Wiki. I could go to that page, right now, and edit in the claim that Noahide laws involve painting all newborn children with purple polka-dots.

So I rather doubt it is even remotely accurate.

Upvote 0
C

child of Jesus

OP

WDC MEDIA NEWS
Christian News and Media Agency

UN NGO Reps Pledge to Follow Noahide Laws

By David Yisraeli

2011-01-04 -- WDC Media News --
(Religion)

24 Tevet 5771 (31.12.2010) -- A conference advocating for the acceptance and adherence to the Noahide Laws was held on December 22, 2010.

The event's title was “Unity, Youth and World Peace”. Presenters included Mr. Joop Theunissen from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and Rabbi Yakov D. Cohen of the Institute of Noahide Code, who opened and moderated the conference.

More than 90 people attended this important event, many of whom expressed an interest in continuing this work.

Mr Joop Theunissen Deputy Chief of the NGO branch of ECOSOC signed a proclamation pledging to keep the Laws of Noah.

"Their observance is required, so that the vision of the United Nations – to have a settled and civilized world, in which economic justice and righteousness will prevail - can be fulfilled, with all of us working together in unison."

Full Story - UN NGO Reps Pledge to Follow Noahide Laws

Noahide Laws

According to Jewish tradition, the Noahide Laws (Hebrew: שבע מצוות בני נח, Sheva mitzvot b'nei Noach), also called the Brit Noah ("Covenant of Noah") refer to seven religious laws that were given by God to Adam and Noah, which are considered to be morally binding on non-Jews. These laws are listed in the Talmud and elucidated by post-Talmudic authorities. Opinions differ on the reach of these commandments and the laws derived from them, but all contemporary Jewish authorities agree that there are seven commandments. These commandments and laws are based on oral traditions as well as scriptural exegesis of Genesis 2:16 and Genesis 9:4-6.

The Noahide Laws are significant because they attempt to extend God's saving grace outside the realm of Judaism so that non-Jews will also have a share in the world to come (in so far as they follow the Noahide Laws).

The seven laws listed by the Tosefta and the Talmud are:

Prohibition of Idolatry
Prohibition of Murder
Prohibition of Theft
Prohibition of Sexual immorality
Prohibition of Blasphemy
Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive
Establishment of law courts

Seven Laws of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Talmudic authorities, worship of Jesus is considered IDOLOTRY and is punishable by death.

Your thoughts please Brethren?

Upvote 0