Alejandro Villanueva, a U.S. Army veteran, was the lone Steeler on the field during national anthem

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin explained on Sunday morning why his team would remain in the locker room during the national anthem in Chicago. He didn’t want his team to be part of a political discussion, or there to be division in the locker room as a result of players protesting or not protesting. But in the end there was one player who took the field, offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva.

Villanueva’s career in the NFL didn’t begin until 2014. Prior to that, he served three tours of duty in Afghanistan, where he served as a Captain in the army, as well as being an army ranger.

20170924115936.jpg

Alejandro Villanueva, a U.S. Army veteran, was the lone Steeler on the field during national anthem

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin explained on Sunday morning why his team would remain in the locker room during the national anthem in Chicago. He didn’t want his team to be part of a political discussion, or there to be division in the locker room as a result of players protesting or not protesting. But in the end there was one player who took the field, offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva.

Villanueva’s career in the NFL didn’t begin until 2014. Prior to that, he served three tours of duty in Afghanistan, where he served as a Captain in the army, as well as being an army ranger.

20170924115936.jpg

more proof that Obama is the great Divider.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why Americans are making such protests such a big issue for. Good grief.
Alejandro Villanueva isn't protesting, he's standing respectfully for the anthem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Practicing Freedom of Speech in a non hateful way = Disgusting. Interesting.
Disagreeing with someone's protest does not equate to opposing the right to protest.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Disagreeing with someone's protest does not equate to opposing the right to protest.

Calling them Disgusting and being happy they lost is more then Disagreeing for there right to respectfully protest.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Of course there are good people on both sides. I'm just amazed that for some as soon as you do that, you're like a traitor. but then they want their own free speech or freedom to protest affirmed? It doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why Americans are making such protests such a big issue for. Good grief.

I don't know why Trump brought up the issue Friday night...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I don't know why Trump brought up the issue Friday night...

Cause Steph Curry didn't want to go to the White House with the Warriors and I believe the rest of the Warriors followed suit. Not sure, I don't follow basketball. someone that does can correct me.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Calling them Disgusting and being happy they lost is more then Disagreeing for there right to respectfully protest.
I think the woman marching against Trump some months back with the Virgin Mary shaped and colored into a bare naked vagina was disgusting, and I'm glad she got backlash for it. I still support her right to have done it without fearing legal trouble.
Pretty simple stuff. But the difference between libs and cons is astounding at times. Seems often many libs can't get past simple thinking.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I think the woman marching against Trump some months back with the Virgin Mary shaped and colored into a bare naked vagina was disgusting, and I'm glad she got backlash for it. I still support her right to have done it without fearing legal trouble.
Pretty simple stuff. But the difference between libs and cons is astounding at times. Seems often many libs can't get past simple thinking.

So you equated a naked female exposing herself to people who are Kneeling. Nice one.

Pretty simple stuff? What that you think Being naked on the street is the same as Respectfully Protesting?

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So you equated a naked female exposing herself to people who are Kneeling. Nice one.
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize there were different tiers of freedom of speech and expression.

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0