ALABAMA LEGISLATORS REFUSE TO FUND MOTHER AND CHILD HEALTH CARE AS THEY BAN NEARLY ALL ABORTIONS

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't my pro-life outrage concerning the detrimental effects of the (what I will continue to call) pro-abortion movement on minorities count as outrage?

How about my outrage at the inner city drug blight and the disproportionate number of my black brothers in prison?

Or doesn't my outrage count because I am a Christian and political conservative and not some screaming white guilt liberal?

So - apparently - you think it's the responsibility of "pro-lifers" to deal with all other social issues besides abortion.

In addition - you seem to think that we pro-lifers have to deal with the crisis at the border and the plight of African Americans and the poor in an exact way that satisfies liberal pro-abortion types and not approach them in conservative ways. If we don't do that - are we "racists", "homophobes", and money grubbers in the eyes folks like you?

It seems that you have pretty much dumped all of the ills of society in the laps of pro-lifers and demanded that they deal with them in a manner that satisfies you and other liberals.

Anti-pro-life seems to be your main agenda here. Is it, perhaps, because, in spite of your protest, you really are "pro-abortion" and not just pro-choice?

But then, considering your stance on women preachers, loss of salvation for not worshiping on Saturday and a few other liberal vs. conservative Christian areas where you are in error - it doesn't surprise me one bit that you would take this extreme position against pro-lifers here on this thread.

By the way - I haven't yet commented on what I think of every aspect of the Alabama law. I have simply taken exception to your uninformed and extreme "anti" pro-life comments.

Well now that you have taken your response to the level of a personal attack against me, specifically, I am sorry you feel that way, but I do not believe it would be fruitful to continue a discussion with you.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well now that you have taken your response to the level of a personal attack against me, specifically, I am sorry you feel that way, but I do not believe it would be fruitful to continue a discussion with you.
My original post was done only because I felt that you and some other anti-pro-lfe types would be interested in some facts and perhaps weigh them before making any more generalized statements like yours.

You showed right away that you were not interested in those facts and I responded to your digging in.

Sorry that I was a bit too blunt and made it too personal. My apologies. :wave:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that can be true among some people who consider themselves to be pro-life. However, that can also be true about the people who consider themselves to be pro-choice. The people who are pro-choice abandon the unborn child to choose the rights of the mother. They decide the rights of the mother are much more important than the life of the unborn child. They apparently don't care about the life of the unborn child or else they wouldn't be supporting the death penalty for the baby.

So if I need your kidney to live Should you be required by law to give it to me? Or is your right to personal, bodily autonomy much more important than my right to live, so you support the death penalty for me by choosing not to give me your kidney that I need to live?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you can, if you go to the free clinic, Any hospital, or hospice even sometimes.

See? you have to be smarter then the average bear.

The only way to get free health care is get it through a miracle from God.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I agree that can be true among some people who consider themselves to be pro-life. However, that can also be true about the people who consider themselves to be pro-choice. The people who are pro-choice abandon the unborn child to choose the rights of the mother. They decide the rights of the mother are much more important than the life of the unborn child. They apparently don't care about the life of the unborn child or else they wouldn't be supporting the death penalty for the baby.

Pro-choice people do not think just because the mother needs rights the fetus should not. Many pro-lifers do not consider the fact that when pregnant women await their abortion appointments, they do not injure the fetus, drink alcohol, eat too little, and avoid getting health care. If they did, aborted babies would not be healthy aside from being dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Top that off with the fact that African American women over the age of 50 are almost 5 times more likely to die of breast cancer if they have had an abortion compared to women who had not had an abortion.
:sigh:
Introduction: Research clearly shows abortion (also called induced abortion) does not increase the risk of breast cancer.

Since 2003, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and have agreed the scientific evidence does not support a link between abortion and breast cancer [1-2].

The ACOG and the NCI routinely review the evidence on this topic and continue to agree there’s no link between abortion and breast cancer [1-2]. ACOG reaffirmed their conclusion that there is no link between abortion and breast cancer in 2018.
Abortion and Breast Cancer Risk | Susan G. Komen®

• Informative
Reactions: ranunculus
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Abortion is not healthcare so the title of the article needs work.

The health care a Senator wanted Medicaid funding for is gynecology/obstetrics during a mom's pregnancy and psychological help if she suffers PTSD. It was an amendment proposal to help expecting moms when they would otherwise want to abort their pregnancies.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:sigh:
Introduction: Research clearly shows abortion (also called induced abortion) does not increase the risk of breast cancer.

Since 2003, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and have agreed the scientific evidence does not support a link between abortion and breast cancer [1-2].

The ACOG and the NCI routinely review the evidence on this topic and continue to agree there’s no link between abortion and breast cancer [1-2]. ACOG reaffirmed their conclusion that there is no link between abortion and breast cancer in 2018.
Abortion and Breast Cancer Risk | Susan G. Komen®
The studies are mixed but there is one Danish study which shows an increased risk of breast cancer with oral contraceptive use:

In 2017, a large prospective Danish study reported breast cancer risks associated with more recent formulations of oral contraceptives (8). Overall, women who were using or had recently stopped using oral combined hormone contraceptives had a modest (about 20%) increase in the relative risk of breast cancer compared with women who had never used oral contraceptives. The risk increase varied from 0% to 60%, depending on the specific type of oral combined hormone contraceptive. The risk of breast cancer also increased the longer oral contraceptives were used.
Oral Contraceptives and Cancer Risk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,418.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't care what any article said.

In real life, no one is going to be denied health care under any law for any reason.

If you have insurance, then its up to the insurance company if they will cover you.

If you do not, Hospitals will still cover you and you will owe them .

The truth is Abortion or not, you can not be turned away for health care , unless, you want to end up in court and be sued.
"And you will owe them." Pity the poor mother saddled with debt and trying to support a baby.

I have an extended family member with a profoundly disabled child. If she earns more than $16 an hour HE loses Medicaid. How does she survive? Her mother helps her under the table? How does her mother survive? We send her $200 a month. Their lives are challenging enough as it is. We feel no guilt. Her red state government is wrong, wrong, wrong. If she earned $17 an hour every penny she made wouldn't cover his medical expenses.

He would just be collateral damage...

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
"And you will owe them." Pity the poor mother saddled with debt and trying to support a baby.

I have an extended family member with a profoundly disabled child. If she earns more than $16 an hour HE loses Medicaid. How does she survive? Her mother helps her under the table? How does her mother survive? We send her $200 a month. Their lives are challenging enough as it is. We feel no guilt. Her red state government is wrong, wrong, wrong. If she earned $17 an hour every penny she made wouldn't cover his medical expenses.

He would just be collateral damage...

Its called free health clinics, she should look them up.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

There are no free health clinics in Alabama. The state has only three abortion clinics and they all charge a huge amount of money.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,418.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have any idea what the annual medical expenses of a profoundly medically disabled child are? Multiple hospitalizations and surgeries a year? Don't accept the buck passing of hardheaded legislators who are giving glib ignorant answers to catastrophic problems.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Do you have any idea what the annual medical expenses of a profoundly medically disabled child are? Multiple hospitalizations and surgeries a year? Don't accept the buck passing of hardheaded legislators who are giving glib ignorant answers to catastrophic problems.

So money is more important then a human life then?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So money is more important then a human life then?
...isn't that a question better asked of the Republicans? They're the ones who seemed to think legislation is only important when women want to have control of their own bodies but after they give birth that life is of no importance at all. Live or die afterwards, not important. what really seems to matter to them is making sure women know who's actually in charge of their uterus. :sigh:
tulc(just something he's noticed over the years) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,418.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obviously the legislators think that money is more important than human life if they think that a "free clinic" is enough medical care for a teen who can't walk, or talk, has hearing and vision problems, seizures, the need for multiple surgeries, etc.

Parents know that this is what's needed. Imagine how parents suffer seeing a child they love die a slow and excruciating death while some pro-lifers blather on about "free clinics."

Upvote 0