study
✟249,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
after clinic hours, my doctor let his hair down and really lamented for a good 15 minutes on just how horrific an abortion is to him.

he was practically shouting he was so incensed about it, as a healer.

no one else was around and he told me he was a christian, but only after I told him I was, so I think he felt safe to express his true feelings with me.

its great to feel safe with someone like this

he has been the good doctor for a few years for me

I'm going to add him to my prayer list..

He genuinely was in lot of emotional pain over this, no doubt there are many more physicians who are just horrified

let us pray for them

I don't know how to word it, so I am asking sister @brinny if she will lead us in prayer on the prayer wall.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I posted this in a different thread where I'm debating this topic. But it's relevant here too:

Victims and Victors: Speaking Out About Their Pregnancies, Abortions, and Children Resulting from Sexual Assault

This is a pretty good book on the topic. It was recommended to me over and over by pregnant rape survivors that I've encountered in the pro-life movement over the years.

From the description:

"This compelling new book addressing these complex issues in a clear and insightful manner. Drawn from a survey of nearly 200 women who have experienced rape or incest pregnancies, Victims and Victors reveals a seldom-heard truth: that most women who become pregnant through sexual assault do not want abortions."

From some of the women:

"Often I cry. Cry because I could not stop the attacks. Cry because my daughter is dead. And I cry because it still hurts."
Edith Young

"I think that rape victims with pregnancies are discriminated against because people seem to think you're nuts to have a baby by a man who raped you. We are looked upon as being liars, or stupid."
Sharon"Bailey"

"They say abortion is the easy way out, the best thing for everyone, but they are wrong. It has been over 15 years, and I still suffer." "Rebecca Morris"

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟249,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
in the '70's i knew a friend who was raped in high school, and she chose to keep her baby, and she was glad about this choice no matter the difficulty

she told me that her little sweet baby was the JOY that she needed in her life and it was so important to her to have this little life to take care of and nurture

and that nurturing came back to her, the mother, 50x over, and more so

Upvote 0