AL Governor: I Believe Roy Moore Molested and Abused Children, But I’ll Vote for Him Because He’s Re

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full headline:
AL Governor: I Believe Roy Moore Molested and Abused Children, But I’ll Vote for Him Because He’s Republican

AL Governor: I Believe Roy Moore Molested and Abused Children, But I’ll Vote for Him Because He’s Republican
Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said that she believes the allegations that Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually abused children and preyed on teenage girls but will still vote for him because he’s a Republican.
tulc(MAGA by electing more predators?) :scratch:

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Under-age teenagers. 40 years ago. If it is true and he repents, calling upon our Lord to forgive him, judgment is not mine. I'd love to hear his confession of faith.

At the same time, the voting in the Senate hangs in the balance. 1 or 2 votes lost, and the Republican Party is history. I don't want the Dems back in the drivers seat in 2018 and 2020.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
She didn't say quite those words.

Asked whether she believed the women’s stories, Ivey told reporters: “I certainly have no reason to disbelieve any of them. The timing is a little curious. But at the same time, I have no reason to disbelieve them.”

Alabama Governor Plans To Vote For Roy Moore Despite Sexual Assault Accusations | HuffPost

EDIT: I realize what I posted is also present verbatim in the OP. The headline is misleading, and as of yet he's not been convicted of the accusations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
EDIT: I realize what I posted is also present verbatim in the OP. The headline is misleading, and as of yet he's not been convicted of the accusations.

Well....he's been convicted in the minds of (a) political opponents and/or (b) those who don't believe in due process.

Now, if Moore is guilty, then throw the book at him. But doesn't the burden of proof reside on those making the claim? This is always the case in rationality for the simple reason that it's virtually impossible to prove a negative.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Under-age teenagers. 40 years ago. If it is true and he repents, calling upon our Lord to forgive him, judgment is not mine. I'd love to hear his confession of faith.

At the same time, the voting in the Senate hangs in the balance. 1 or 2 votes lost, and the Republican Party is history. I don't want the Dems back in the drivers seat in 2018 and 2020.
What indication has he made that he repented? He hasn't acknowledged any wrongdoing that I am aware of.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some would say that this is an example of putting one's party ahead of one's country. Others would say that it is holding one's nose and voting for the lesser of two evils. Take your pick I guess.
Wow...some people see Democrats as a greater evil then molesting children. tulc(suspects there's not enough coffee in the world to make that thought understandable) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow...some people see Democrats as a greater evil then molesting children. tulc(suspects there's not enough coffee in the world to make that thought understandable) :sigh:
To be fair though, how many teenagers is he going to have that kind of access to if elected? (playing devil's advocate)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But doesn't the burden of proof reside on those making the claim?
Civil and criminal court has a different burden. OJ was convicted in civil court by not criminal court. If the woman feels she has a case then take him to civil court and get a cash settlement from him. He may not go to jail but at least she will have some money and she can by herself a purse and a new pair of shoes.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be fair though, how many teenagers is he going to have that kind of access to if elected? (playing devil's advocate)
160718-ryanselfie-editorial.43.13%20PM.png

tulc(will just leave this here) :wave:

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
As a Republican, this makes me frustrated & repulsed. Repulsed for obvious reasons. Frustrated on account of how the Republican party keeps shooting itself in the foot. It's not all about Trump's presidency. The party needs to be able to survive it, & under Trump it has fully disgraced itself. Lost its credibility, lost any bit of morality. Trump's already elderly, 20 years from now he'll be dead, but the damage done to the party is going to last long after him.

Oh good grief, the more that comes out about Roy Moore, the more shameful it is that folks are stumping for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of public figures meet with entire classrooms. Those are controlled. I'm not seeing how this would present an opportunity for him.
Those are the Republican Senate interns not a school class on a tour of Congress, they would be working long hours late into the night right there in the Senate chambers and offices. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

I did make this point in a different thread today. It is true that control of the Senate could well be at stake, for if Jones wins, the Dems then only need to gain 2 seats in 2018 to get to 51 and take control. Having said that, many of us still find this whole episode troubling. If it were just one woman or even two that had come forward, that would be one thing, but with so many, electing Moore could send a terrible image of the GOP across the land. As as a result, the Republicans might lose even more seats in 2018.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Those are the Republican Senate interns not a school class on a tour of Congress, they would be working long hours late into the night right there in the Senate chambers and offices. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:
Why is Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House, with Senate interns?

Upvote 0