Al Gore Takes Public Transportation To Nobel Prize

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Former Vice President Al Gore, wife Tipper arrived in Oslo today for Al to accept the Nobel Peace Prize for his work publicizing the dangers of global warming.
True to message, Gore avoided the gas-guzzling motorcade that traditionally picks up winners from the airport. Instead, he opted for a the environmentally-friendly airport train.
Gore will receive his medal on Monday
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/07/al-gore-takes-public-tran_n_75769.html

Gore is FINALLY catching on. Perhaps he will now start turning off a few lights around his house. ^_^

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This reminds me of Jesus talking about the woman who gave her last coins. She made a true sacrifice while the wealthy paid for their piety through giving a fraction of what they owned. Same principle applies here as it is a fraction of the time gore does things like this and it is insulting to our intelligence since he did it clearly out of pr reasons.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This reminds me of Jesus talking about the woman who gave her last coins. She made a true sacrifice while the wealthy paid for their piety through giving a fraction of what they owned. Same principle applies here as it is a fraction of the time gore does things like this and it is insulting to our intelligence since he did it clearly out of pr reasons.
While I can't deny what you say, if he keeps taking the train, riding public transport and turning off some of his lights perhaps theses pr reasons will turn into everyday consistent reasons, and peeps may start listening to him.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gore will never win with his detractors. Being rich, by its very nature, involves consuming more than the average person. Because he consumes more, people refuse to listen to him. But no one without his fame and riches could ever become an international spokesman for a cause. So in effect, those who don't believe in climate change have set up a situation where NO ONE can possibly be a credible spokesman.

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
In a s00per sekret nukular bunkar!111!one!!!
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Gore will never win with his detractors. Being rich, by its very nature, involves consuming more than the average person. Because he consumes more, people refuse to listen to him. But no one without his fame and riches could ever become an international spokesman for a cause. So in effect, those who don't believe in climate change have set up a situation where NO ONE can possibly be a credible spokesman.
I noticed he's become a lot wealthier in the last few years.......

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gore is in a tough spot. When he does stuff like this it's clearly pr and when he goes back to private jets and such credibility is bongdelled. If those advocating for global warming dont lead by example it makes it that much tougher to sell. Personally, i think it's a cop out to ignore the science of GW based on gore's transportation, but if he truly sacrificed and lived by example at least peeps wouldnt be able to ignore what he says based on his actions.

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
In a s00per sekret nukular bunkar!111!one!!!
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
I noticed he's become a lot wealthier in the last few years.......

It's probably because he makes almost a quarter of a million dollars to give a half hour long speech that puts people to sleep.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums