Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Always take these with a grain of salt. As someone on another forum once said, "If they can describe Heaven, and they're making money off of it, avoid it at all costs."

Here is what the Holy Bible has to say about this sort of thing:

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 Jesus said, “There was a rich man who always dressed in the finest clothes. He lived in luxury every day. 20 There was also a very poor man named Lazarus, whose body was covered with sores. Lazarus was often placed at the rich man’s gate. 21 He wanted to eat only the small pieces of food that fell from the rich man’s table. And the dogs would come and lick his sores! 22 Later, Lazarus died. The angels took Lazarus and placed him in the arms of Abraham. The rich man died, too, and was buried. 23 But he was sent to where the dead are and had much pain. The rich man saw Abraham far away with Lazarus in his arms. 24 He called, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus to me so that he can dip his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am suffering in this fire!’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘My child, remember when you lived? You had all the good things in life, but all the bad things happened to Lazarus. Now Lazarus is comforted here, and you are suffering. 26 Also, there is a big pit between you and us. No one can cross over to help you. And no one can leave there and come here.’ 27 The rich man said, ‘Then please send Lazarus to my father’s house on earth! 28 I have five brothers. Lazarus could warn my brothers so that they will not come to this place of pain.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have the law of Moses and the writings of the prophets to read; let them learn from them!’ 30 The rich man said, ‘No, father Abraham! If someone came to them from the dead, they would believe and change their hearts and lives.’ 31 But Abraham said to him, ‘No! If your brothers won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, then they won’t listen to someone who comes back from death.’”
~Luke 16:19-31 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - International Children’s Bible

A Special Blessing in Paul’s Life
1 I must continue to brag. It will do no good, but I will talk now about visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who was taken up to the third heaven. This happened 14 years ago. I do not know whether the man was in his body or out of his body. But God knows. 3-4 And I know that this man was taken up to paradise. I don’t know if he was in his body or away from his body. But he heard things he is not able to explain. He heard things that no man is allowed to tell. 5 I will brag about a man like that. But I will not brag about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 But if I wanted to brag about myself, I would not be a fool. I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I will not brag about myself. I do not want people to think more of me than what they see me do or hear me say.
~2 Corinthians 12:1-6 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 12 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 12 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 12 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 12 - International Children’s Bible

I have seen this following passage used to describe Heaven. Looking at the wider context of this specific passage, I think there is much more to that:

God’s Wisdom
6 Yet I speak wisdom to those who are mature. But this wisdom is not from this world or of the rulers of this world. (These rulers are losing their power.) 7 But I speak God’s secret wisdom, which he has kept hidden. God planned this wisdom for our glory, before the world began. 8 None of the rulers of this world understood it. If they had, they would not have killed the Lord of glory on a cross. 9 But as it is written in the Scriptures:

“No one has ever seen this.
No one has ever heard about it.
No one has ever imagined
what God has prepared for those
who love him.” Isaiah 64:4

10 But God has shown us these things through the Spirit.
~1 Corinthians 2:6-10 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 2 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 2 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 2 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 2 - International Children’s Bible

If they even said they saw God the Father's face, that is a lie, because if you see His face, you're dead!

Moses and God’s Greatness
18 Then Moses said, “Now, please show me your greatness.”

19 The Lord answered, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you. I will announce my name, the Lord, so you can hear it. I will show kindness to anyone I want to show kindness. I will show mercy to anyone I want to show mercy. 20 But you cannot see my face. No one can see me and stay alive.

21 “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 My greatness will pass that place. I will put you in a large crack in that rock. And I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will take away my hand, and you will see my back. But my face must not be seen.”
~Exodus 33:18-23 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 33 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 33 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 33 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Exodus 33 - International Children’s Bible

There is also the matter of people lying for the sake of fame and fortune,[1] such as Alex Malarkey.[2]

False Teachers
1 There used to be false prophets among God’s people, just as there are now. And you will have some false teachers in your group. They will secretly teach things that are wrong—teachings that will cause people to be lost. They will even refuse to accept the Master, Jesus, who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil ways and say evil things about the Way of truth. 3 Those false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you what is not true. But God has already judged them guilty. And they will not escape the One who will destroy them.
~2 Peter 2:1-3 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Peter 2 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Peter 2 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Peter 2 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Peter 2 - International Children’s Bible

1 Before God and Jesus Christ I give you a command. Christ Jesus is the One who will judge all who are living and all who have died. Jesus has a kingdom, and he is coming again. So I give you this command: 2 Preach the Good News. Be ready at all times. Tell people what they need to do, tell them when they are wrong, and encourage them. Do these things with great patience and careful teaching. 3 The time will come when people will not listen to the true teaching. They will find more and more teachers who are pleasing to them, teachers who say the things they want to hear. 4 They will stop listening to the truth. They will begin to follow the teaching in false stories. 5 But you should control yourself at all times. When troubles come, accept them. Do the work of telling the Good News. Do all the duties of a servant of God.
~2 Timothy 4:1-5 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Timothy 4 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Timothy 4 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Timothy 4 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Timothy 4 - International Children’s Bible
  1. Publishing world cashes in on heavenly journeys
  2. The boy who didn't come back from heaven: inside a bestseller's 'deception'

Last edited:
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If anyone has true testimonies to give, freely you have been given, so freely you should give. You cannot serve both God and Mammon.

8 Heal the sick. Give dead people life again. Heal those who have harmful skin diseases. Force demons to leave people. I give you these powers freely. So help other people freely.
~Matthew 10:8 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - International Children’s Bible

33 When I was with you, I never wanted anyone’s money or fine clothes. 34 You know that I always worked to take care of my own needs and the needs of those who were with me. 35 I showed you in all things that you should work as I did and help the weak. I taught you to remember the words of Jesus. He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
~Acts 20:33-35 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Acts 20 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Acts 20 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Acts 20 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Acts 20 - International Children’s Bible

7 A person might say, “When I lie, it really gives God glory, because my lie shows God’s truth. So why am I judged a sinner?” 8 It would be the same to say, “We should do evil so that good will come.” Some people find fault with us and say that we teach this. Those who say such things about us are wrong, and they should be punished.
~Romans 3:7-8 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 3 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 3 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 3 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 3 - International Children’s Bible

God Is More Important Than Money
19 “Don’t store treasures for yourselves here on earth. Moths and rust will destroy treasures here on earth. And thieves can break into your house and steal the things you have. 20 So store your treasure in heaven. The treasures in heaven cannot be destroyed by moths or rust. And thieves cannot break in and steal that treasure. 21 Your heart will be where your treasure is.

22 “The eye is a light for the body. If your eyes are good, then your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are evil, then your whole body will be full of darkness. And if the only light you have is really darkness, then you have the worst darkness.

24 “No one can be a slave to two masters. He will hate one master and love the other. Or he will follow one master and refuse to follow the other. So you cannot serve God and money at the same time.
~Matthew 6:19-24 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 6 - International Children’s Bible

True Wealth
1 Jesus also said to his followers, “Once there was a rich man. He had a manager to take care of his business. Later, the rich man learned that his manager was cheating him. 2 So he called the manager in and said to him, ‘I have heard bad things about you. Give me a report of what you have done with my money. You can’t be my manager any longer!’ 3 Later, the manager thought to himself, ‘What will I do? My master is taking my job away from me! I am not strong enough to dig ditches. I am too proud to beg. 4 I know! I’ll do something so that when I lose my job, people will welcome me into their homes.’

5 “So the manager called in everyone who owed the master any money. He said to the first man, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ 6 The man answered, ‘I owe him 800 gallons of olive oil.’ The manager said to him, ‘Here is your bill; sit down quickly and make the bill less. Write 400 gallons.’ 7 Then the manager said to another man, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ The man answered, ‘I owe him 1,000 bushels of wheat.’ Then the manager said to him, ‘Here is your bill; you can make it less. Write 800 bushels.’ 8 Later, the master praised the dishonest manager for being smart. Yes, worldly people are smarter with their own kind than spiritual people are.

9 “I tell you, make friends for yourselves using worldly riches. Then, when those things are gone, you will be welcomed in that home that continues forever. 10 Whoever can be trusted with small things can also be trusted with large things. Whoever is dishonest in little things will be dishonest in large things too. 11 If you cannot be trusted with worldly riches, then you will not be trusted with the true riches. 12 And if you cannot be trusted with the things that belong to someone else, then you will not be given things of your own.

13 “No servant can serve two masters. He will hate one master and love the other. Or he will follow one master and refuse to follow the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

God’s Law Cannot Be Changed
14 The Pharisees were listening to all these things. They made fun of Jesus because they all loved money. 15 Jesus said to them, “You make yourselves look good in front of people. But God knows what is really in your hearts. The things that are important to people are worth nothing to God.
~Luke 16:1-15 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 16 - International Children’s Bible

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Akiane said she saw Jesus, and she painted Jesus, do you believe what she said is true?
Many people around the world claimed they saw Jesus in vision or near death experience, is that reliable?

No! We can only see Jesus by faith, prayer, and a relationship with Him daily as in John 3:16; John 14; etc. as shown in our Holy Bible; until that day when the "born again" believer in Christ is raptured up to see Him above in the Father's house in Heaven. In the meantime we need to read and value our "Word of Truth" as given in God's Word; and pray and thank Him daily.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing wrong to see Jesus in vision, Jesus has body after resurrection, he said he is not ghost and asked Thomas to touch him.
Jesus can decide to appear to people he chose to deliver specific message.

Thomas was here when Jesus was here. Jesus is NOW above in Heaven. Satan loves to deceive man! A true "born again" saint (1 Jn. 5:10-12) will SEE the Lord Jesus in Heaven, but NOW can see only the TRUTH by faith. We should not imagine or suppose things.

IF one is a true saint --"he that hath the Son, hath life" (and not just a follower after some teachings by Jesus), one will understand these things. We CANNOT see Him now, but KNOW Him and commune with Him in prayer.

Upvote 0

SuperCow

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2018
Leonardtown, MD
✟199,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Akiane said she saw Jesus, and she painted Jesus, do you believe what she said is true?
Many people around the world claimed they saw Jesus in vision or near death experience, is that reliable?

Several points to make here. It is entirely possible that she is telling the truth, and yet did not see Jesus. In all of these near death experiences, they are "near death"; they are not dead. There is a certain amount of time after a person's heart stops beating or they stop breathing before the oxygen to the brain is depleted. As this is happening, the brain (along with every other part of your body) eventually starts losing functionality, but not all at once, and not in the same place for any two people. If your heart and lungs are restarted, your oxygen returns.

In addition, anesthetic drugs could be playing a part in some of these experiences as well. Many people report having very weird dreams while being under. When combined with an oxygen depletion event, there is no way to know what the actual experience might feel like, or assess the extent of possible brain damage. I'm sure if someone's near death experience involved dancing around a fire with pink singing frogs, it wouldn't get on TV or in a book. (And perhaps the patient would dismiss it as well)

That being said, a lot of prophecies in the Bible were delivered in dreams. I can't say for sure what these people experience and whether that experience was a biological hallucination or a divinely guided experience. The fact that these experiences are similar could be because what they experience is real, or it could be because losing brain functionality happens in similar ways. It would appear that regardless of what pain was experienced before hand, the actual feeling at death in the end is quite peaceful.

Upvote 0