Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As can be seen, we have done even better, in giving Mr Seebach a public reply, and shown that his analysis, like almost everything else on that essentially atheistic website, is highly unreliable.

AMEN!

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW Jesus Himself believed in literal 6 day Creation and a young earth. As He was/is God in the flesh, there is NO way He could have been misguided. EVER.

Any mistake on His behalf in any way would have made Him imperfect and therefore not God Who is perfect.

THEREFORE JESUS DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Sometimes we must discard science (falsely so called), intellect, and reason. We must stop feeding from the tree of knowledge and TRUST in the One Who died on the Tree of Calvary to give us everlasting life. :clap:

And I know some preschoolers who are closer to God than anyone here including myself, because they don't have years of human knowledge that get in the way of knowing GOD.

May Our Creator (not evolver) be blessed For ever and Ever.

Upvote 0
Reading the AiG response it seems that it mostly just reiterated what was in the original work. They didn't respond too much to seebs comments. They made a big deal about that native chineese speakers took part. So what? How many native English speakers are competant enough to discuss the historical linguistics and orthography of English? How many English speakers know what the English "ye" (as in "ye old shoppe") really is and where "&" comes from? Unless AiG has something more scholarlly than the opinion of some Chinese speakers, their analysis has no more weight than Seebs'. Given that it depends so much on the Flood story in Genesis, which there is no evidence that the Chinese knew about, it appears that AiG's analysis is much more far fetched.

Here is a thread which discusses it even more.

Edit to add:

I would also like to comment that the man who wrote the responce is a Caucasian Australian with a PhD in agriculture science. Not the kind of man I'd expect to see responding about Chinese historical orthography.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When did he tell you this? Have you stumbled on some secret writings that reveal Jesus' opinion on the evolution/creation debate?

Jesus speaks for 6 day creation in many places throughout the New Testament. :)

Upvote 0
Well Susan, since Jesus didn't write the NT, any "mistakes" in it might be the fault of the writers and not Jesus. The belief that Jesus wouldn't make a mistake, doesn't automatically make the NT mistakefree.

Now the belief that Mohammad wouldn't make a mistake, would automatically make the Quran mistake free, since he composed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Reading the AiG response it seems that it mostly just reiterated what was in the original work.

And you expected what? Until their claims are refuted by a team of crack etymologists with members specializing in each of the Chinese dialects, and widely publicized so that members of the public can be expected to be familiar with it, AiG will continue to leave their shoddy work up under the auspices of the "plausible deniability" principle of creationist propaganda.

Upvote 0
I'm not a muslim, I'm just pointing out that unlike Christianity, the founder of Islam is directly responcible for their scripture. Any problems with it reflect on him. That is not the same with the NT.

Susan, are all the various versions of the Word of God (Christianity) without error, even when they contradict each other?

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, as the contradictions are not in essential issues, but simply in terminology, etmyology, and semantics.

Or you could say no, declare the 1611 King James alone to be the Bible and the only one that is inerrant.

I personally hold the first position, as I am not a KJV onlyist in practice or principle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The rate of accuracy has been ranged from 95 percent from the original manuscripts to 98 percent from them.

Considering all the versions that were reviewed (every existing version, and some that are not in print anymore, excluding "commentary paraphrases" and "mistranslations" where the translator inserted his own commentary into the text and/or misinterpreted the original text to fit his goals, as in the case of the Joseph Smith Translation and New World Translation, of the LDS and Jehovah's Witnesses respectively) this in itself is something unusual.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also, most real errors (such as the misprint of an English Bible that once said "Thou shalt commit adultery" after the "not" was dropped in printing) are soon corrected by comparison to other translations, to the closest to the original manuscripts.
For instance, using this example, if one Bible or even one translation says "Thou shalt commit adultery," compare it to the rest of the evidence, which would be other Bibles and translations. You will soon find the error.

Upvote 0