LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
MartinM said:
Specifically, the Wilberforce Award, dedicated to opponents of evolution who "through the silly nature of their arguments or actions, have inadvertently done the most to promote evolution as a fact". Congratulations, Carl! Keep up the good work!
I love it :D :D...we should have an award like that for the forum, hey has anyone seen Napa John ;)??

Upvote 0

Micaiah

Dec 29, 2002
Western Australia
Visit site
✟2,837.00
Faith
Christian
I admire the courage and insight of Carl Wieland. He and the team have demonstrated an unflinching commitment to God's truth.

I think he can take the ridicule from opponents as a compliment. Their findings have evidently ruffled a few feathers.

I note that a member of the Sceptics society was among those who presented the awards. Scepticism can be a healthy thing. I'm glad the Creation team has been prepared to challenge the fantasies of those opposed to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jet Black

well in that case, would you like to address their page on atavisms:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/cre...3/whale_leg.asp

They clearly misrepresent atavisms as either a bony disease, or fatty lumps, whereas talkorigins, on the next link shows an actual three foot long whale leg, and an X ray of an atavistic tail on a human.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/com...ml#atavisms_ex1

I wonder why there is such a disparity between the images shown at AIG (which is a whale with a bone disease, which is cearly malformed and disorganised in it's nature, and the picture from talkorigins, which shows a very clear leg structure indeed. Why does AIG not address the whale leg in talkorigins?

for comparison, here are the two images taken from the sites above.

Attachments

• whaleb_w.jpg
    whaleb_w.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 49
  • whale_leg.jpg
    whale_leg.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

JGMEERT

Just say NO to YEC'ism
May 13, 2002
Gainesville
Visit site
✟665.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

Jet Black

obediah001 said:
They are flippers (silly) whales use them for locomotion in the water. If you insist they are legs then where are the rest of the transitional parts of said cow with legs? U really funny u know it?
flippers? no. those are whale hind legs. there is a femur, a tibia, a tarsus, and a metatarsal and also cartilage as one would expect with a leg. They were found dorsally either side of the whale's "genital opening", nowhere near the fins or the fluke (not flippers) They were about four feet long. This isn't an example of a transitional, it was a female humpback whale, complete with legs, pulled out of the water after it was killed.

Upvote 0