• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Aides feared Trump wouldn't make it out of Walter Reed...

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Fantine, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+9,473
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Aides feared Trump 'wouldn't make it out of Walter Reed' (msn.com)

And CDC chief Redfield was horrified to see that not only did it make Trump not "respect" the danger of the disease, it didn't even inspire him to promote mask wearing and social distancing.

Sometimes his surviving COVID reminds me of the Billy Joel song, "Only the Good Die Young."

In more philosophical moments, I feel that it is God's will that he stand trial for several of the charges being considered by Manhattan, Virginia, Maryland, and perhaps eventually the DOJ. If he remains "the teflon man" what will stop others of bad character from running for office?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Disciple Supporter

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    You mean "it did not make him respect", right...?

Don't know if you caught that or not, etc...?

God Bless!

3. Fr. Appletree

Fr. Appletree Priest of The Society of St. Pius V

+238
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    And why should it have?

4. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I just really wished it hadn't been so "politicized" either way, or by either side, so that, you know, we maybe could have just all dealt with it without all of that, and maybe, well, you know, known the exact and correct full truth of it, and, well, maybe, you know, maybe all handled it the exact way we should have, and maybe all pretty normally maybe, etc...?

Cause that kind of garbage has cost many more lives than anything, and probably still will before the complete end of it, etc...

And it's both sides fault, etc... If the left hadn't dramatized it the way they did, then maybe the right wouldn't have played it down the way they did, etc, etc, etc, and "who went first", etc...? And who is "caught in the middle", etc...?

Well, you all can debate that to no end if you want, personally, I'm over it, etc, got my vaccine now, etc, and still wearing a mask in certain situations still, etc, not all, but some, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

5. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    It the "misinformation age", etc...

Mainly because of "this", etc...

God Bless!

6. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+21,847
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Trump said it would be gone in April. It was not dramatizing to say that was baloney.

You are right that it's a shame that a medical catastrophe was politicized. But you are wrong that it's both sides' fault. It's obvious that Trump and some of his confederates pushed alternative facts, while the Democratic response was largely science and medicine based.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  7. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Trump was most definitely a catalyst that just made everything very much more worse, etc...

But I get sick of the left also dramatizing everything also, etc, trying to drain all your emotions dry, etc, and that also gets very, very old, really, really quick, etc...

And both of them are only doing it for their own selfish agendas, and money, and votes, and power, etc, and that's all we are to either one of them, etc, just a means to an end, etc...

Anyone here at all remember at all, when the news was "just the news", etc, or was just "only the facts", presented in a completely neutral manner, etc, not slanted either way, and how they used to let you make up your own minds or decide for yourself, etc...?

Anyone still remember those days at all, etc...?

Cause I don't think there is any news outlet or network like that anymore, etc, but there used to be, etc...

I certainly can't find one anymore, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

8. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,410
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    No.
    Trump was at the helm on the bridge at the ship-of-state.
    If he did something that deserved criticism he should have taken the criticism instead of plowing through with “winging it”.

9. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    See my post above this one, etc...

God Bless!

10. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+21,847
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Sorry the 600,000 dead Americans got overplayed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+6,356
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    You mean like this Democratic response?

12. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    It's what they both do, one over, one under, etc... Then as more time goes on, and the power/money struggle continues/gets worse, one way, way over, and one way, way under, etc, but ultimately it's the people that suffer, etc...

And sorry I didn't "ball my eyes out" continually and all of the time with them always into eternity, etc...

And I'm a pretty progressive person BTW, or at least I think I am, etc...

God Bless!

13. Pommer

+4,410
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Well…the Right did go on about 2009’s H1N1 crisis and the Ebola thing, so maybe you’re right, “both sides”.

14. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,979
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Since when has a man of good character been President?

15. Pommer

+4,410
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    1981, Carter.

16. Fantine

+9,473
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Our previous president makes the rest look like saints.

17. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,264
    Muslim
    Single
    no you're just trying desperately to establish guilt on both sides when it clearly fell on trump and his desire to look good that he downplayed the virus. and it's also on his supporters for enabling it.
    you're just a perennial fence sitter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Guinan

Guinan Well-Known Member

+1,758
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Sadly, he dragged the reputation and public perception of Evangelical Christianity down with him.

Here are some articles demonstrating the damage that was done.

Juan Williams: Evangelicals sell their souls for Trump

The Stunning Hypocrisy Of Trump's Evangelical Supporters

'Toxic Christianity': the evangelicals creating champions for Trump

Some Christians say Trump has pushed young people away from their churches — and his impact on Christianity could last well beyond his presidency

19. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,979
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Hardly

20. Fantine

+9,473
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Hypocrisy has always driven young people away from churches. I encourage them to look for authentic churches, and not to abandon God because of the bad examples of those who allege to represent him.