✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys,

Just perusing some current news articles and I just wanted to share a couple that gave me some really, really good laughs:

Eric Trump Criticizes Joe Biden's Delaware Visit, Despite His Dad's Own Travel Schedule

Trump Gets Taken To School After Botching Basic U.S. History In Latest Rant

Enjoy!!! Well, some of you. The rest can just hang your heads in shame.

God bless,
Ted

Yeah I would rather have any of this stuff than the viral Joe Biden / Brandon chant phenomenon which I believe is only going to escalate with all the mess going on. I'm sure this sort of thing will eventually happen outside the White House fencing where it can't be ignored by the liberal media.

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I would rather have any of this stuff than the viral Joe Biden / Brandon chant phenomenon.

Hi @Pavel Mosko

Duly noted and I guess we know which of the two groups that I mentioned you fall in.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys,

Just perusing some current news articles and I just wanted to share a couple that gave me some really, really good laughs:

Eric Trump Criticizes Joe Biden's Delaware Visit, Despite His Dad's Own Travel Schedule

God bless,
Ted
Hi guys,

God bless,
Ted
It is pretty funny how trump tries to use history without knowledge of said history. Jefferson was in France when they created our Constitution. I do like the Declaration of Independence also. Jefferson did author that I hear haha.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though I am aware that Trump is certainly not well versed in history, I think the writer of the Huff Po article on Jefferson needs a history lesson as well. Which doesn't surprise me having read HuffPo articles in the pastr. Though Jefferson was in France, his correspondence with those at the convention was extremely influential and it could well be said that he was figuratively a principle writer of that document.

ttps://www.loc.gov/exhibits/jefferson/jefffed.html

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GTAW,

Right, but in reading your article, it doesn't actually make the point that his writings may have influenced those who were creating the Constitution. I quote: Although Thomas Jefferson was in France serving as United States minister when the Federal Constitution was written in 1787, he was able to influence the development of the federal government through his correspondence.

No doubt his letters spoke quite a bit about issues dealing with the federal government, but it doesn't really make clear that any of these issues were concerning the wording or what sort of things needed to be written into the Constitution.

It could be, but I'm not ready to announce that Huffpo needs an historical reeducation based on the evidence provided in your link. For the record, I'm not sure that this Huffpo article is their original work. There are actually quite a few news media outlets carrying the same story. Some other sources are, The Daily News, The Hill, Newsweek are just a few that popped up.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Eric Trump on Monday called out President Joe Biden for visiting his home in Delaware, the former president’s son criticized Biden.

“When Afghanistan is falling, guess what? You have President Biden, who is in Delaware not solving that problem,” Trump said. “Why is it that every person in the Biden Cabinet flees and runs away every single time there’s a problem as opposed to actually putting their head down, getting to work and solving the damn problem?”

...Donald Trump regularly used taxpayer money to visit his properties and play golf. He visited one of his Trump Organization properties on 428 days of his presidency, according to a Washington Post report from January.

If Republicans would simply hold their politicians and the GOP to the same standard they criticize Democrats with, this country would instantly be fixed

But instead, they don't. Republicans tolerate 10x worse behavior from the GOP and then say "Well, the Democrats are doing it so what's the difference..."

I am just beyond tired of the GOP hypocrisy.

When Obama was president, the Fox News apparatus went into overdrive every time Obama played golf. And yet, when Trump played double to triple the amount of golf it was "ok" because "you do business on the golf course..."

If Republicans just held their GOP politicians to even 50% of the standard they harshly judge Democrats by then this country would be greatly healed.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi guys,

God bless,
Ted

Hi Ted. First of all who cares what Eric Trump has to say? Seems this family and their goings on live rent free in you mind right? Why are you making them such a newsworthy family?

Now about former President Trump on as you say botching a detail on exactly what Thomas Jefferson did or didn't do. A real gotcha moment against him eh? Perhaps. Except for one thing. If I were a betting man I'd probably put down precious money that I could ask some leading democrats' the same question and they'd get it wrong as well!

Oh they'd probably say he authored the Declaration of Independence but if asked about the Constitution they'd probably say, "Well yeah he worked hard on that one too!" You say they wouldn't? I say they would. And if I couldn't get them on that question I'm confident I could get them on some other.

I don't believe for a moment that every politician that would be favored by you have an absolute understanding of every detail of American history and I'd love to drill them with similar questions. I think you might be surprised.

Even still NO I wouldn't say a Dem should hold their heads in shame for one of their leaders getting a historical detail wrong, what's important is that they stand behind the Constitution and view it the law of the land. Who cares if they can rattle off the one of ones who wrote it IF THEY don't honor it?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi GTAW,

Right, but in reading your article, it doesn't actually make the point that his writings may have influenced those who were creating the Constitution. I quote: Although Thomas Jefferson was in France serving as United States minister when the Federal Constitution was written in 1787, he was able to influence the development of the federal government through his correspondence.

No doubt his letters spoke quite a bit about issues dealing with the federal government, but it doesn't really make clear that any of these issues were concerning the wording or what sort of things needed to be written into the Constitution.

It could be, but I'm not ready to announce that Huffpo needs an historical reeducation based on the evidence provided in your link. For the record, I'm not sure that this Huffpo article is their original work. There are actually quite a few news media outlets carrying the same story. Some other sources are, The Daily News, The Hill, Newsweek are just a few that popped up.

God bless,
Ted
Ha. So Ted if Trump said to you that Jefferson was influencing the federal government through his correspondence you would say "That might have happened or could be" So maybe your laughter towards Trump isn't based on as strong of things as you think?

You don't know if this is Huffpo original writing work? Ironic that you're making light of Trump for not knowing something similar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Bobber

Hi Ted. First of all who cares what Eric Trump has to say? Seems this family and their goings on live rent free in you mind right? Why are you making them such a newsworthy family?

What? I neither write nor seek out what is newsworthy in the media. I'm merely copying and pasting something that was written up about him and some rather silly words that he spoke. If, by my posting current news and events about the former first family, you find that 'living rent free in my mind', ok. But I'm not making them such a newsworthy family. That would be all, let me repeat All, of the various and sundry news media sources. There isn't a single news source that isn't still carrying claims and reports about the goings on in Trumpland. Part of that is, of course, because so many in that family keep blowing their own feet off with their mouths.

We rarely hear stories of the goings on of Pres. Barack Obama or George Bush or Bill Clinton. Every once in a while they'll step up to the mic and say something or do something that the media considers newsworthy, but for the most part, they have all just faded into the oblivion of past presidents. Not so, Donald Trump. Even though he can no longer tweet or use most social media channels to spread his filth and lies, he still gets it said and it still gets reported and it is considered by most news media sources as reportable news. So, if you want to pound on your drum about 'who' is making them such a newsworthy family', I'd suggest you look somewhere else than my front door.

From your further response to me, and you subsequent post, I'd say he's living just as much rent free in your mind as mine.

Even still NO I wouldn't say a Dem should hold their heads in shame for one of their leaders getting a historical detail wrong,

Well, I wouldn't either if anyone got a single historical detail wrong, but just as Trump seems to be the most litigious man in the world, he ranks up there pretty high among those who don't have much of a clue about a lot of what the words coming out of their mouth says. Have you got any medical reports to confirm that living near wind turbines causes cancer? How about injecting bleach in one's body to halt the Covid virus? Or, historical records of those airports that were overrun in the Revolutionary war?

You don't know if this is Huffpo original writing work? Ironic that you're making light of Trump for not knowing something similar.

Huh???? Ok, whatever you say. No, I don't know it it's a Huffpo original report, but that doesn't make what it and the other sources I mentioned wrong about what the report says.

Look, you're welcome to defend the guy if you like. You can rail about all the news media reporting on the speech and actions of the previous first family. It's ok with me. Hopefully my postings are just as ok with you. We obviously hold different political worldviews and that's what makes a free democracy so great. We can spar and joust on newsworthy issues without fear of being beheaded or cast in prison.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi @Bobber
What? I neither write nor seek out what is newsworthy in the media. I'm merely copying and pasting something that was written up about him and some rather silly words that he spoke.

Who says what the news media puts out is newsworthy? They know Trump stories get's clicks that's about it. What is really substantial from a news standpoint of saying anything Eric says? Nothing. Media is looking for the fish to take the bate though....question is why do you accommodate them?

We rarely hear stories of the goings on of Pres. Barack Obama or George Bush or Bill Clinton.

Of course not. Because they don't hate Obama and Bush and family like they do Trump and MOST importantly they DON'T sell papers. Why should they report on Obama and Bush?

From your further response to me, and you subsequent post, I'd say he's living just as much rent free in your mind as mine.

Why? I didn't post your thread. Seldom do I even read anything Trump is saying these days.

Well, I wouldn't either if anyone got a single historical detail wrong....

And yet you make a pretty big deal about Trump getting this historical detail wrong. I actually don't believe a lot of politicians you like wouldn't have got that exactly right.

Look, you're welcome to defend the guy if you like.

Not sure I'm trying to defend him as much as encouraging you that it might be time to move on from letting news rooms drum up supports for their sites. I'm guessing they know this stuff they're putting out isn't newsworthy. Merely fluff.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Bobber

Who says what the news media puts out is newsworthy?

I don't know. Who does? Is it the Great and Powerful Oz that determines what the news media believes to be worth reporting on?

...question is why do you accommodate them?

Is this accommodating the world news media that I repost a news report about Eric Trump? I think you have a rather too high opinion of my realm of influence. It's just a news report about something that seemed rather ironically funny in what Eric Trump said. There's quite a bit of ironically funny comments being made by those who follow the Trumpmeister. I recall back in, I think it was March of 2020, that his 'aide de camp' told us all that the Corona virus was well under control. I'm not going to rehash all of the instances here, but if you're at all interested in being fair in your assessment of this situation, you're free to look them up.

Of course not. Because they don't hate Obama and Bush and family like they do Trump and MOST importantly they DON'T sell papers. Why should they report on Obama and Bush?

Really? You believe that's the answer to this situation as it is? Ok.

Seldom do I even read anything Trump is saying these days.

Good. So I suppose you stopped by here because it was Eric instead of Donald? Why did you come by?

I actually don't believe a lot of politicians you like wouldn't have got that exactly right.

Ok, well when you 'know' rather than 'believe' what other politicians might or might not know...let me know. It may be true that a lot of politicians wouldn't have gotten it right...but then a lot of politicians wouldn't have thrown the comment out there, in that case. BTW that statement is made as a double negative, so I hope I'm understanding it correctly. I'm going with the 'wouldn't' should have actually been 'would'.

Not sure I'm trying to defend him as much as encouraging you that it might be time to move on from letting news rooms drum up supports for their sites. I'm guessing they know this stuff they're putting out isn't newsworthy. Merely fluff.

Oh, ok. So you're just doing your civic duty in telling everyone what you believe to be newsworthy and to not bother with all the stuff that you consider to be 'fluff'. Thanks for that, but I'm 66 years old and have been fairly good at making up my own mind as to what is truth and what is a lie and what is or isn't important in life. Personally, I'd be satisfied if the entire Trump family would drop off the radar of 'news', but unfortunately they, and they're rabid supporters aren't willing to allow that. Your efforts might be better served if you sent emails to all the media outlets and tell them what you think about what is and isn't worthy of being reported. Yanking my chain isn't going to change the news one miniscule iota. I'm pretty sure the couple of hundred people that regularly read the posts on Christian Forums doesn't have much of a following in determining what is or isn't news.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi @Bobber

I don't know. Who does? Is it the Great and Powerful Oz that determines what the news media believes to be worth reporting on?

Hi Miamited ! :)

I don't know. Seems like you'd probably believe before that the majority of people would want Trump out of their lives forever never to hear about him again. Those majority of people would probably reflect what's newsworthy....or maybe they don't want Trump out of their lives after all?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Miamited ! :)

I don't know. Seems like you'd probably believe before that the majority of people would want Trump out of their lives forever never to hear about him again. Those majority of people would probably reflect what's newsworthy....or maybe they don't want Trump out of their lives after all?

Hi @Bobber

Well, certainly a guess is as good as anyone can get without polling everyone in the nation. As far as whether or not I personally believe that the majority of people might want Trump out of their lives forever, certainly the majority of voters wanted him out of their political lives for the time. I can't really address the majority/minority issue, that would be your purview, but I can tell you that a lot of people that I have read about and heard from, would.

Those majority of people would probably reflect what's newsworthy....or maybe they don't want Trump out of their lives after all?

I've honestly never considered that our news media determines newsworthiness on any majority/minority scale. I believe a lot of stories get covered that cater to fairly small audiences and some cater to larger audiences. As I've said, I really don't know 'what' makes things newsworthy to the major media networks. I just watch and listen and read a lot of them and what they print or promote or cover, and decide for my own personal understanding whether or not its newsworthy. It's always been my understanding that it's the network or print producers and editors that determine what gets put in front of us.

But, I believe that we each one have the freedom to decide how we personally feel about issues and events and for me, I'm ok with the Trump family dropping back into reasonable obscurity as they were in circa 2003. In other words, I have the freedom and mental capacity to watch a news broadcast or pick up a news magazine or newspaper and watch or scan the information and decide what interests me. For print articles that don't interest me, then I don't generally read them. For television, one does generally listen through an entire production, but the mind accepts and discards the various news reports as their tastes and interests lead them.

I think it obvious that you and I don't share the same interests in what is or isn't newsworthy. That's fine with me. Where I have the problem is this fairly new social agenda that our trusted news sources aren't telling us the truth. That there's some kind of conspiracy of lies, that news sources that don't happen to agree with our personal understanding, are practicing. As I see things, that's a dangerous place to go, but I know that the Scriptures warn us of being deceived and I can see how these new social practices are building up to lead us into what the Scriptures tell us will be happening among people in the last days before the reign of the Antichrist. So, I don't like it, but I understand that it's got to come.

God bless,
Ted

• Informative
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums