Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently the rioters aren't all just basic folks. It has been uncovererd that are involved in fomenting the violence. Groups like ANTIFA, among some others are involved and it also sounds like some foreign entities are involved as well.

DOJ Has Evidence That Antifa, Other Similar Groups Have ‘Instigated’ Violent Activity: Barr DOJ Has Evidence That Antifa, Other Similar Groups Have 'Instigated' Violent Activity: Barr

From what I understand the FBI has not been able to uncover any Antifa involvement. FBI 'has no intelligence' indicating antifa was linked to weekend violence in the George Floyd protests, despite Trump and Republicans' claims

Download The Epoch Times app to see our exclusive CCP virus coverage and daily updates:Download The Epoch Times Apps

Ahh the article is from The Epoch Times. Sounds legit. Question, is this part of a paste ? Just unsure why you are promoting their mobile app.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,216.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟218,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry didn't mean to. I guess it was just part of the link.

Np :) BTW I don't see any of the text you accidentally pasted in the article. Did you use a mobile app ? If so, they might be adding that text to your copy buffer without your approval.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,216.00
Faith
Pentecostal
From what I understand the FBI has not been able to uncover any Antifa involvement. FBI 'has no intelligence' indicating antifa was linked to weekend violence in the George Floyd protests, despite Trump and Republicans' claims

Ahh the article is from The Epoch Times. Sounds legit. Question, is this part of a paste ? Just unsure why you are promoting their mobile app.

Yet there is this.
Antifa terrorists hijack protests, George Floyd riots are NOT about ‘Justice’ - NEWS TALK 105.9, 100.7 WSIC

• Informative
Reactions: Mama-Bear
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
This article is laughable.

It calls the two women in its example 'antifa', but provides no actual evidence that they're antifa. They don't identify themselves as such, they're not wearing any markings that would tie them to any group. How do you know they're antifa?

As far as I'm aware, the only agitator arrests that have been made were from people in 'Bugaloo', who are distinctly not 'far-left'.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently the rioters aren't all just basic folks. It has been uncovererd that are involved in fomenting the violence. Groups like ANTIFA, among some others are involved and it also sounds like some foreign entities are involved as well.

DOJ Has Evidence That Antifa, Other Similar Groups Have ‘Instigated’ Violent Activity: Barr DOJ Has Evidence That Antifa, Other Similar Groups Have 'Instigated' Violent Activity: Barr

Antifa is not a "group", it's an ethic opposed to fascism.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Blaming Antifa is all about dog whistles to his base meant to tarnish those opposed to his authoritarian and callous character. It's code-speak, even though to every informed person (as demonstrated by your remarks from the FBI), there's no credibility behind the claims.

• Informative
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oooo... let me guess... Barr has in his hand a list of 57 cases of individuals who would appear to be either card carrying members or certainly loyal to Antifa...
Is that like the list of names of illegal voters from 2016? Because I've really been interested in seeing that but so far, zilch.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is that like the list of names of illegal voters from 2016? Because I've really been interested in seeing that but so far, zilch.

Exactly like it... because if we've learned anything from American history (and we haven't), it's that such lists don't exist.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is a case in court in which Rose City ANTIFA is listed as a defendant, along with a few named people. They hope to use discovery to learn more about the local branch of the organization.

Portland conservative writer suing 'antifa' for injuries

Defense attorney Bill Portanova, a former state and federal prosecutor who is not affiliated with the case or the lawsuit, said it is possible to sue even purportedly anonymous groups, citing efforts against organized crime and the Ku Klux Klan among many others.

”You can follow the trail backward and find the people in the videos and you can trace the internet correspondence that promotes that activity," Portanova said. "Those trails lead back to individuals and those individuals can be found to have engaged in a conspiracy whether or not antifa itself can be found and be liable.”

• Informative
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But there are real instigators out there: 'Twitter and Facebook busted some of the instigators behind the unsubstantiated social media chatter. Twitter determined Monday that a tweet promising antifa would “move into residential areas” and “white” neighborhoods was sent by the white supremacy group Identity Evropa.'
(From here.)

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm starting to think Bar, Trump and the ultra right will put an Antifa label on any one , that have liberal ideas and protest against their idea . BTW, I've seen many peaceful protest for George Floyd, that police treat badly.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,216.00
Faith
Pentecostal

ANTIFA has been very good about not being a major nationwide organization with a president etc. But they ARE a group. They get together, plan, carryout and have training. They are absolutely a group. It maybe better stated, they are indivudual groups with the same stated beliefs. Other wise there would be no such thing as ANTIFA.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
They get together, plan, carryout and have training
Really?

How?

How do they plan? How do they get together? How do they recruit? Who’s the leader? Where’s the hierarchy? Where are their headquarters? How do you join? What does their training entail? How do they get funding? How do you tell when someone is antifa and not just some guy in a black hoodie?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,216.00
Faith
Pentecostal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...ce-extremism-deadly-year-opnion-1477065?amp=1

Who Are Antifa, and Are They a Threat?

ANTIFA is an amorphous group. You can be a group and not have a national organization or an organized office space or a chain of command. In fact groups like ANTIFA don't want that. It's much more difficult to pin them down that way.

They have informal leaders and they will tell you "I am not the leader" etc. This is a shadow group of people with the same goals and ideals that get together to plan things.

You share the danger of these kind of groups because of how they operate it's very difficult to pin them down. Just like many terrorists who just happen to look like anyone else wearing similar clothes.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There is a case in court in which Rose City ANTIFA is listed as a defendant, along with a few named people. They hope to use discovery to learn more about the local branch of the organization.

Suppose they're not the "local branch" of the organization?

Suppose they're just a bunch of wackos who decided to take the "Antifa" name for themselves?

The DA will offer them a deal in exchange for information, but what if they have no information to give?

Portland conservative writer suing 'antifa' for injuries

Defense attorney Bill Portanova, a former state and federal prosecutor who is not affiliated with the case or the lawsuit, said it is possible to sue even purportedly anonymous groups, citing efforts against organized crime and the Ku Klux Klan among many others.

”You can follow the trail backward and find the people in the videos and you can trace the internet correspondence that promotes that activity," Portanova said. "Those trails lead back to individuals and those individuals can be found to have engaged in a conspiracy whether or not antifa itself can be found and be liable.”

Sounds like they're going after the individuals, not the organization... considering there is no organization, that's the only way to go.

Upvote 0