US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are we to stay away from aggressive people? Does this mean we should avoid using aggression ourselves?

I heard that aggression takes the cake. This seems inherently immoral to me.
I think we are to stay away from aggressive people because they can be dangerous. I feel we should try our best not to use aggression ourselves.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are we to stay away from aggressive people? Does this mean we should avoid using aggression ourselves?

I heard that aggression takes the cake. This seems inherently immoral to me.
Why do you think this?

Why is being agressive worse than hating God?

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe sometimes we can have a reason to be aggressive. If You and Your loved ones have been terribly treated by someone that stand for justice, if Your family is torn apart because of it or get sick or suicidal then it could make You a bit aggressive at first. Fortunatedly there are good ways to channelling that sort of aggressiveness by doing sports, there are all kinds of sports where aggresion can turn into a calmer mood out in the world of sports, not only fight sports. One need to be concentrated to learn how to fight, not only aggressive. I have found that weight lifting is a good sport if one gets upset. When You get tired You can think better. Do not start arguing with an angry person, rather give him boxing glows and start boxing first and when you both are tired then start talking or if you have weights lift weights first, talk later. You will not get sane words without regret out of an angry person. Angry people speaks volcano, sure it is probably worth listening to but maybe things would be more clear in their own brain if they could get their aggression out physically before they started speaking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I became aggressive just now for no good reason. I know it was wrong. I was getting upset because I remembered I'd left the book I've been trying to read, "St. Silouan the Anthonite" by Archimandrite Sophrony in my wife's car this evening. When I went outside to get it I couldn't find it in the car, so I thought I had done something else with it and just forgot, so I looked elsewhere. It wasn't any where and I began to get worried about its wherabouts, because inside of the book is a very small ziplock plastic bag with cotton inside that is soaked with myrrh from the myrrh streaming Iveron icon. I was afraid the book had fallen out of the car at some point in our trip today. When the darned cat would not stop meowing at me everytime I went here and there looking frantically for the book with the wonderworking myrrh in it, I yelled at the cat to be quiet (only I didn't use as nice of words). I'm always yelling at the cat to be quiet. She never stops meowing at me. I need to repent of this and all other aggressive behavior that I'm guilty of. Aggression is rarely if ever a good thing. I do think it would be good to yell at demons or Satan to get out of someone and leave them the heck alone, if you were a priest and exorcising someone. I think they are stubborn and need to be forcefully reminded of Who it is that has destroyed their power and wants them gone, and to make it clear that they had better beat it, or else.

I found the book and the myrrh. It was in the car all along, under the seat where I couldn't feel it the first time. Whewww.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok but that I would call frustration, nothing a lawyer would gag you to ever go public about. There are evil things done to normal people that make them mad and it literally can take 5-8 hours strenious weightlifting on the gym in over two years to get over that anger before they can even get into their system to accept the fate, one can not win every battle. Sometimes the evil win over the good, all too often in some places.

I became aggressive just now for no good reason. I know it was wrong. I was getting upset because I remembered I'd left the book I've been trying to read, "St. Silouan the Anthonite" by Archimandrite Sophrony in my wife's car this evening. When I went outside to get it I couldn't find it in the car, so I thought I had done something else with it and just forgot, so I looked elsewhere. It wasn't any where and I began to get worried about its wherabouts, because inside of the book is a very small ziplock plastic bag with cotton inside that is soaked with myrrh from the myrrh streaming Iveron icon. I was afraid the book had fallen out of the car at some point in our trip today. When the darned cat would not stop meowing at me everytime I went here and there looking frantically for the book with the wonderworking myrrh in it, I yelled at the cat to be quiet (only I didn't use as nice of words). I'm always yelling at the cat to be quiet. She never stops meowing at me. I need to repent of this and all other aggressive behavior that I'm guilty of. Aggression is rarely if ever a good thing. I do think it would be good to yell at demons or Satan to get out of someone and leave them the heck alone, if you were a priest and exorcising someone. I think they are stubborn and need to be forcefully reminded of Who it is that has destroyed their power and wants them gone, and to make it clear that they had better beat it, or else.

I found the book and the myrrh. It was in the car all along, under the seat where I couldn't feel it the first time. Whewww.[/QUOT

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another example of aggressive frustration... today we took the car to the carwash and I shared some belgian chocolates with my husband, later I asked if He wanted some mineralwater, yes, when He opened the bottle that fountain of Youth decided to wash the insides of the car as well...fortunatedly there was no sugar in it. Aaarrrrgh! Never drive around with bottled water, it expands. He wiped off a bit but now I get to clean the inside... let's see how clean it can get. I'll get normal water for the insides without blueberrytaste.

• Agree
Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I teach sixth grade. All I see all day is aggression!

I teach High School Special Education Math. Many of my students have behavioral disabilities. I can relate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scary thing is, the rate of disabilities and mental illness is skyrocketing so exponentially that I'm starting to think a Walking Dead/Road Warrior future might not be as far off as we have thought!

I teach High School Special Education Math. Many of my students have behavioral disabilities. I can relate.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One other good way to get rid of aggression is by wearing the right smell, whether it is oil or perfume or cheaper variants or homemade roseoils. Last summer I bought three oliveoilbottles and made roseoil duringroseseason and it did get quite strong. Rosepetals simmered in oil for 8 hour minimum until the colour was gone and then I drained the oil and put in more rosepetals and simmered again. People react to other peoples smells in mysterious ways too. If I wear some sofisticated so called nonexited noncitrus unseductive perfume usually everybody get happy, noone is angry, example, organza, an old perfume or yesterday I came across an magnet that made everybody to come close and have a sniff, even unknown people stayed a while that was Nina Riccis Woman, it smells like jasmin and something floral, rather intence and rich, almost like hyacinth but not entirely. It gives an secure but still adventurous feeling and happy blossom festive smell and it seemed like everybody I met got satisfied, both women, children and men. Pure natural rose is also a calming smell and one of my favourite. I have not tried male smells much but I like calvin cline citrus is refreshing and I like Iceberg, eucalyptus and i like pine, and spruce but pine and spruce contains testosteronelike stuff so it can make people happy and I can testify that walking in a spruceforest makes one in a good mood, it is said to fight off depression but I do not know what it does about aggression, I guess everything needs to be moderatedly. When we have cut trees in the forest and need to drag or lift them out by hand I would never use any female perfume, it would weaken me, then I only want eucalyptus or the forest around or citrus to stay energized because the trees or stumps weigh a lot and lifting them for hours can be tiresome. Some say citrussmell makes metabolism go faster and suppresses appetite. I also love the christmasspicesmells in essential oils and I sometimes pour some extra in smellcandles to give off some extra smell.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Anger scares me the most- I really think people don't appreciate how bad it is in our culture in the US. My dad was in the military and used to bossing people around all day, and brought that attitude home with him. So that's what I grew up with alot, my dad being both somewhat angry and bossy much of the time, it's like the one feeling I have about my dad growing up. And to some extent I'm an apple off the old tree, though I think my awareness of that helps. But sometimes I catch myself acting like my old man and I feel horrible.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they need to get up and do some burpees if they get too bored or hyperactivated and can not sit still. I think some schools should have more activities because then kids would focus better during theoryhours like math, say 20 min math, then 5 min x jump or burpees or box jump or run around the schoolhouse ( that is if You trust them to return to class ) or something that gets the blood circulate and cleans the brain from trash so they can concentrate on math and not their girlfriend/boyfriend/dog/biologyexam/upcomingstarwarsmovie and then again 20 min of math. Before the lettersyndromdiagnosis standard treatment of any hyperactivity was run around the block or runningtrack until out of breath, a so called run not jog. They will hopefully be physically tired enough to be quiet and listen and not disturb excessibly by talking, shouting, throwing stuff, bullying or firing pieces of paper on each other. Still their brains will be clean enough to be able function if they are willing to participate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anger scares me the most- I really think people don't appreciate how bad it is in our culture in the US. My dad was in the military and used to bossing people around all day, and brought that attitude home with him. So that's what I grew up with alot, my dad being both somewhat angry and bossy much of the time, it's like the one feeling I have about my dad growing up. And to some extent I'm an apple off the old tree, though I think my awareness of that helps. But sometimes I catch myself acting like my old man and I feel horrible.

Don´t be too hard on Yourself dear, I would say military is more about discipline and order thand anger and bossyness so try to discipline that mood into the mood You want to develope. As an actress born into a family where grandfather was officer in military and earned a medallion in war and dad also ordered us around i can relate but I think girls react too sensitive toward the thing we consider anger. It might be what they call bluntness and directness so I have heard from many officers that I speak just like an officer myself and decided that I should try to tone down. Use, thank You and please and be more pleasant. Not all too easy with so many brutes around me so sometimes it might be in order to find some new friends or seek out new places and listen to noble conversations between wellmannered sophisticated females. In a bus, a train in a store or in church, hospital or a concert or other places we happen to come across them. If You are really smart take a notebook and if You hear a good clever meaningful frase, write it down, learn it by heart and learn to say it out loud and become one with the expression or formulate it so it suits you and continue until You get the talk where You want it. That is basically how I learned two new languages in two countries.

Upvote 0