age of the earth and lightyears

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps those cartographers new something about California that you scientists have just recently found out; and they made a map of what they thought the Pacific coast region would soon look like "after the BIG ONE"?

Lol. Yup. It certainly makes sense...except that the San Andreas fault is a TRANSFORM FAULT.

But other than that...it does make sense that a map could never be incorrect.

In your world I am guessing that if someone writes something on a piece of paper ot must be easy to get you to believe it!

I have got some primo real estate to sell you!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or they were wrong.
Ya ... everyone's wrong but you guys, right?

This is why science works so well -- it never takes a stand on anything.

Rather than say: this is how it works, it just calls it a "prevailing theory," then lets the theories pile up in the COLD CASE file.

That's why we have six different moon models.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have got some primo real estate to sell you!
Don't bother -- I already have a star named after me, compliments of a Christmas present; and my brother-in-law has a deed to an acre on the moon, compliments of same.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2012
✟15,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not to mention that little bit in there about basing the idea of the ice being a recent development about "copies of a copy of an older map."

Because we all know that when making copies by hand from old sources on what is likely poorly preserved materials, there's never any errors in the new copy. Oh, wait...

I live in CALIFORNIA. Here's a map from 1650.

Wow! it's an ISLAND! But today it ISN'T!

Whoah! Did the planet rearrange in only about 200 years?

Oh, wait, no old maps are often wrong.

Oh well, but still I think it's more rational to assume that Antarctica became icebound sometime in the last 400 years. THAT makes more sense than to assume an ancient map COULD BE....WRONG!

Gasp!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what the next canard will be that AV will constantly trot out once the moon's formation is conclusively determined.
We'll be raptured before that ever happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I bet you would have said the same thing 100 years ago regarding any unsolved scientific problem back then which has been solved today.
Dunno ... I wasn't there.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So if a scientific consensus on the formation of the moon is reached within your (earthly) lifetime, then what?
I'll submit it to my Prime Directive ... if it passes, then I'll submit it to my Boolean Standards.

After that, I'll say it can take a hike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what's the point of insulting scientists for not having nailed down the moon thing yet, if you wouldn't believe them even if/when they do?
It's because they're wrong on all six counts, as they should be; yet they want me to abandon my model (Embedded Age) in favor of their method of explaining things (empiricism), and their method of explaining things yields six different explanations.

Do you remember that old Indian parable about the six blind priests who studied an elephant?

One concluded the elephant was a wall, one a rope, one a tree, and so on.

Well ... six blind scientists have studied our moon and come to six different conclusions as well.

Upvote 0

BarryDesborough

Jul 11, 2010
France
✟1,473.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It's because they're wrong on all six counts, as they should be; yet they want me to abandon my model (Embedded Age) in favor of their method of explaining things (empiricism), and their method of explaining things yields six different explanations.

Do you remember that old Indian parable about the six blind priests who studied an elephant?

Well ... six blind scientists have studied our moon and come to six different conclusions as well.
Why do you call God a liar?

Upvote 0

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

But embedded age isn't a model. It's just two random words one uses when one wants to deny reality.

Upvote 0