Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's the sad thing. Many people don't realize that many kids are born with BDSMeque desires. So when you think they don't know, trust me, we do.

I do not hold anything against my parents, they didn't know. While it was uncomfortable at the time, I quickly got over it. It's not like it's ruined my ability to enjoy BDSM. Sadly I've heard stories from other people and their discipline gets uncomfortably close to sexual assault.

There are also many Catholic school horror stories.

I think, many people, do not realise that their children, can react very differently, than they did, to things, such as spanking. I know, there were, many reasons, spanking was abolished in Sweden, 30+ yrs ago. The sexualised potential of it, was one. It used, to be common. Now, it is something, that causes repulsion, to most. The normality of it, that once existed, is long gone. More, and more countries, are making it illegal, as they recognise, the problems that it can cause. I do not think, parents, who spanked, were bad, no, as it was cultural, & they were doing, what was done, to them. Now, most parents, know better, I think?

It is nice to see a thread like this. A few years ago I was against spanking for the same reasons and people thought I was being stupid. Now with BDSM becoming more mainstream more and more people are seeing my point.

:thumbsup: I can see, why, it would be something hard, to talk about, especially, if you're from a culture where it's still normalised. It would feel, more stigmitising, even though, it should not be. You cannot help, how your body will respond. I think, it is also more traumatising, to some, and others, they can shake it off.

Yeah things like Christian Domestic Discipline, lol. A lot of it is sick.

I was pretty into s/m mysticism as a Christian. I guess the parts that grossed me out were primarily the D/s elements. Pain by itself can be beautiful, in the right context. I always roll my eyes when conservative Christians bad mouth the BDSM scene, it's like a lot of it is more blended than you think.

I can understand, what you mean, about this. I had not heard, of Christian Domestic Discipline, until I came here. It sounds, so repressive & strange, to me.

D/s = dominant, submissive?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
D/s = dominant, submissive?

I've always seen and heard it as Domination and submission.

Same root words, but different parts of speech. In the context of this thread that could be important. At least to me Dominant/submissive leads one to assume that aspect of the personality defines both of the people and that is far from true. It defines that particular interaction, not the people involved in it.

I have known people who have multiple D/s relationships and in one they are the D part and in the other the s.

BTW one of the subtle signs that you have picked up the rules is to capitalize any of the Dominant word and not the submissive ones. Dom, Master vrs submissive, slave.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow, the story sounds dumber than I thought, lol.

I saw the movie, over the weekend. I did not like it, very much. It wasn't, as terrible, as I expected. Still, not very good. It was playing at a cinema, that has discounts, on movies that have been out for a long time. I am glad, I did not pay the full price.

Upvote 0