Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Taking captive every thought has been discussed on this forum lately but what has caught my attention today is those things that we have presumptuously set up against the knowledge of God.

That can be anything that blocks us from seeing the true character of the Father and sets in it’s place a false image, teachings that misrepresent His thoughts, actions or ways.

Hosea 4:1 Hear the word of the Lord, O people of Israel;
for the Lord has an indictment against the inhabitants of the land.
There is no faithfulness or loyalty,
and no knowledge of God in the land.

Acts of the Apostles 17:11
These Jews were more receptive than those in Thessalonica, for they welcomed the message very eagerly and examined the scriptures every day to see whether these things were so.​

Breaking the outer shell of an unworthy vessel to become a worthy vessel that is suitable for use by God generally involves tearing down those strongholds that misrepresent Him.

Understanding knowledge is to stand under His teaching; under the pattern set through Christ to come to know Him. To know God is to receive knowledge from Him, and that involves revelation.

So I ask, do we know anything about the Father w/o it being revealed directly to the heart? What are some of the things that set themselves up against the knowledge of Him and then become strongholds that can be impenetrable for true knowledge ( revelation) to come in and change us? Do the strongholds prevent the revelation themselves or just acknowledgement of the truth contained? All questions I struggle with today.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do the strongholds prevent the revelation themselves or just acknowledgement of the truth contained? All questions I struggle with today.​

What prevents 99% of Christians from leaving the crib, is that they become infected by family, friends, teachers, and ministers, with wrong believing.
Wrong believing produces wrong living.
So, resolve that and you have found the Light.
Understand what i just told you, and you are on your way out of the dark, if you are in it...

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What prevents 99% of Christians from leaving the crib, is that they become infected by family, friends, teachers, and ministers, with wrong believing.
Wrong believing produces wrong living.
So, resolve that and you have found the Light.
Understand what i just told you, and you are on your way out of the dark, if you are in it...
I think that’s a given, but I would like to address this topic of resolving the issue.
Preferably in the context of transformation into Christ please ..

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that’s a given, but I would like to address this topic of resolving the issue.
Preferably in the context of transformation into Christ please ..

You can't transform yourself into Christ. That's God's part. He does that for you, internally.
What we can do is find out how to believe right, so that we can begin to exist within the spiritual realm of perfected discipleship.

Let me tell you how to believe wrong...
Its like this... "Im a sinner saved by Grace, and i'll spend the rest of my life failing, falling, sinning, confessing, and repenting".
My Christianity is all about REPENTING and CONFESSING.
= Christian Failure.
So, if you believe that, then you will do that as a lifestyle, as you will DO what you BELIEVE.......The Lord says.

99% of Christians are stuck in that horrible theology begotten lifestyle that they were taught by their family, their friends, their Pope, their Minister, and their own self righteousness.
So, believers have to escape that false theology first, before they can begin to come to the place of perfected discipleship.
So, if that is you...go here.... Hebrews 13:9. and stay there for Life. Do this first, and foremost.

Paul says this...>"sin shall NOT have dominion over you".
Paul says this..>"if you walk in the Spirit, you shall not SIN"..."shall not commit works of the Flesh".
Paul says..>"how can we who are DEAD TO SIN, keep on sinning".

I bet your Pastor, Minister, and Pope, does not agree with Paul.....

Listen.....99% of the people that find my post here, will want to tell me...."no, its not possible to live Holy all the time"..
And that is WRONG BELIEVING< that you BELIEVE<..= and that is why your Christianity is a FAIL.
You're saved but thats about it.

See, God would not tell you to "be holy as i am holy", if this was not possible, and He is not just speaking about "the gift of Righteousness".
But because almost all Christians have been taught to expect to keep sinning and repenting, sinning and confessing, they are convinced long ago by some Lier who lied in a pulpit somewhere, that that is to be their Christianity..... and it is.
I assure you its not meant to be so...
Christ did not save you so that the only difference between your life and the life of an Unbeliever is that they dont feel guilty about their sin, and you do.

You just have to find a teacher like me, who is a "last of our kind" who is not of the modern era secular church system, but who is deeply related to Pauline Theology, who can help you SEE. And from seeing, you then begin to walk in the true place of Light.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can't transform yourself into Christ. That's God's part. He does that for you, internally.
What we can do is find out how to believe right, so that we can begin to exist within the spiritual realm of perfected discipleship.

Let me tell you how to believe wrong...
Its like this... "Im a sinner saved by Grace, and i'll spend the rest of my life failing, falling, sinning, confessing, and repenting".
My Christianity is all about REPENTING and CONFESSING.
= Christian Failure.
So, if you believe that, then you will do that as a lifestyle, as you will DO what you BELIEVE.......The Lord says.

99% of Christians are stuck in that horrible theology begotten lifestyle that they were taught by their family, their friends, their Pope, their Minister, and their own self righteousness.
So, believers have to escape that false theology first, before they can begin to come to the place of perfected discipleship.
So, if that is you...go here.... Hebrews 13:9. and stay there for Life. Do this first, and foremost.

Paul says this...>"sin shall NOT have dominion over you".
Paul says this..>"if you walk in the Spirit, you shall not SIN"..."shall not commit works of the Flesh".
Paul says..>"how can we who are DEAD TO SIN, keep on sinning".

I bet your Pastor, Minister, and Pope, does not agree with Paul.....

Listen.....99% of the people that find my post here, will want to tell me...."no, its not possible to live Holy all the time"..
And that is WRONG BELIEVING< that you BELIEVE<..= and that is why your Christianity is a FAIL.
You're saved but thats about it.

See, God would not tell you to "be holy as i am holy", if this was not possible, and He is not just speaking about "the gift of Righteousness".
But because almost all Christians have been taught to expect to keep sinning and repenting, sinning and confessing, they are convinced long ago by some Lier who lied in a pulpit somewhere, that that is to be their Christianity..... and it is.
I assure you its not meant to be so...
Christ did not save you so that the only difference between your life and the life of an Unbeliever is that they dont feel guilty about their sin, and you do.

You just have to find a teacher like me, who is a "last of our kind" who is not of the modern era secular church system, but who is deeply related to Pauline Theology, who can help you SEE. And from seeing, you then begin to walk in the true place of Light.
Do nots is what organized religions are based on, no doubt. I wouldn’t boast of being a teacher because one can only boast about knowing God .... which is what this thread is about, that which pertains to knowing Him more by having our delusions shattered, so any thoughts there would be appreciated.

For instance … double-mindedness vs the singleness of the dove’s eye … our eyes can see the light (which I would deem as understanding) and with the ears we can discern (dividing that which is soulish from that which is spiritual) and with our beings we can touch and taste that He is good or we can tell when something leads away from God. Also to the sense of smell that which is fragrant of His Being. Christ is that Light, Word and Bread thru which the soul receives His grace.

My thoughts are as to the individuality and diversity of each of our experiences. Must they be in the development of each our own character? Or is there a human knowledge pool that we all draw from in the spiritual sense? One that can be deemed a basic knowledge?

That basic knowledge cannot be found outside of Christ.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there are two different issues.

First are the philosophical lies we learn before coming to Christ like for example the idea pushed by Eastern thought that forces of good and evil are equal in power.

Second there are misrepresentations of God presented by a church which are often an over emphasis of a truth. Example no real understanding of the Fear of God and seeing Jesus as a soft option as if the old testament is eclipsed by the new.

However I am not sure that the term 'knowledge of God' only means knowledge of Him... I think that it is that we are led into ALL truth.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do nots is what organized religions are based on, no doubt. I wouldn’t boast of being a teacher because one can only boast about knowing God .... which is what this thread is about, that which pertains to knowing Him more by having our delusions shattered, so any thoughts there would be appreciated.

There is that which is ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth..
And then there is the knowledge of the truth that is worth ever learning.
You'll never find this unless someone who knows it shows you.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is that which is ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth..
And then there is the knowledge of the truth that is worth ever learning.
You'll never find this unless someone who knows it shows you.
That’s the journey from head to heart that so many find extremely difficult. My belief is that it’s as the bible says, come unto Him, and learn of Him.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think there are two different issues.
First are the philosophical lies we learn before coming to Christ like for example the idea pushed by Eastern thought that forces of good and evil are equal in power.
Creator and created should never be confused.

Scripture itself places fully knowing God impossible Romans 11:33 outside of the revelation given by Christ John 1:18 so we should never attempt to say more about God than what is written therein. 1 Corinthians 4:6
Second there are misrepresentations of God presented by a church which are often an over emphasis of a truth. Example no real understanding of the Fear of God and seeing Jesus as a soft option as if the old testament is eclipsed by the new.
The old covenant used the term knowledge of God to refer to the process by which God reveals Himself and His benefits to the earth, while secondarily that revealation is the resulting human knowledge about God, prophesy and heavenly things.
However I am not sure that the term 'knowledge of God' only means knowledge of Him... I think that it is that we are led into ALL truth.
Therefore, I have to bring up the question “is anything that is revealed not a further revelation of Who He is?”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really...

The Characteristics of the Evil one certainly doesn't...
The context of who the evil one is without the context of who God is in relationship to the evil one and our relationship to both is worthless information. Jus sayin
Any real teacher will first learn how to listen - that is rare these days...
Most listen to teacher’s interpretations without checking the biblical source so no wonder they unquestionably cannot hear from Him.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The context of who the evil one is without the context of who God is in relationship to the evil one and our relationship to both is worthless information. Jus sayin

If that is the case why does the bible bother to say anything about these issues?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If that is the case why does the bible bother to say anything about these issues?
Because they are in context to the Father! Speculation without revelation is the devil’s play.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A teacher has already learned.
Thats why they are teaching.
The issue is , how to know who is TRUE
This is what a believer has to learn how to discern.
Going back to the OP, 2 Corinthians 10:4-6, bringing thoughts captive to Christ means that ALL thoughts rising up in the heart that doesn’t match up with the ways of God are the main battlefield where the enemy tries to infiltrate believer’s lives.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going back to the OP, 2 Corinthians 10:4-6, bringing thoughts captive to Christ means that ALL thoughts rising up in the heart that doesn’t match up with the ways of God are the main battlefield where the enemy tries to infiltrate believer’s lives.

The battle is in the mind where Satan has access...

Upvote 0