Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not supporting the Jewish state doesn't mean supporting Islamists. False dichotomy there

Okay I agree Radical Islam and Zionism are two sides of the same coin they both persecute the native Christians (who also have to deal with non-native missionaries sheep stealing their flock) I'm not a supporter of what Israel does however Israel is a state now and millions of people live there so Shieldmaiden I just have a question where do the all the Jews then go? Europe? well Europe doesn't want them and I doubt the US despite strong support of Israel want them all here. I mean no offense sir it just a question I have.

Upvote 0

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
Where the Wild Things Are
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay I agree Radical Islam and Zionism are two sides of the same coin they both persecute the native Christians (who also have to deal with non-native missionaries sheep stealing their flock) I'm not a supporter of what Israel does however Israel is a state now and millions of people live there so Shieldmaiden I just have a question where do the all the Jews then go? Europe? well Europe doesn't want them and I doubt the US despite strong support of Israel want them all here. I mean no offense sir it just a question I have.

I hate to point this out because it may border on the uncharitable, but this is totally a nonsensical question. I haven't said that the Jewish state should be dismantled; I just don't agree with giving Israel monetary support. Not giving Israel foreign aid is not the same as wiping the country off the face of the planet. It exists, and its neighbors need to learn to deal with that. However, the country does not need our financial assistance, and the Israeli military is probably better than the U.S. military.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate to point this out because it may border on the uncharitable, but this is totally a nonsensical question. I haven't said that the Jewish state should be dismantled; I just don't agree with giving Israel monetary support. Not giving Israel foreign aid is not the same as wiping the country off the face of the planet. It exists, and its neighbors need to learn to deal with that. However, the country does not need our financial assistance, and the Israeli military is probably better than the U.S. military.

No your right I read it the wrong way because from past experience when I heard people say they don't support the Jewish state they often meant no supporting it as a state at all. I'm sorry your not being uncharitable I needed to be corrected. As far as giving Israel support while I would usually agree with that view to cut off all aid however as a nation couldn't we just use that aid as a carrot and stick to bring the Israelis to the table concerning a peace plan and to stop persecuting our brothers and sisters in Christ? I mean they need us more than we need them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Or you jewish or Christian? Since you here and it says Eastern Orthodox under your avatar than maybe you should talk like a Christian not a judaizer

You are as funny as Greg LOL! You don't even know what a Judaizer is so calling me a Judaizer is meaningless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟58,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense.You show a total lack of ability to elaborate. Drive-by posts aren't welcome.

Oh, I can elaborate. What I can't do is understand how anyone can believe the Jews killed Jesus.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟58,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Complex question. Again, I wasn't the one asserting anything.

I'm just curious how his statement was wrong.

Complex?
Are you being sincere?

How was his statement anywhere near Truth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
Where the Wild Things Are
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Complex?
Are you being sincere?

How was his statement anywhere near Truth?

What the hey? Are YOU being sincere?

Yes, the events leading to Christ's death are incredibly complex.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel is self-sufficient in some aspects, not in others. Take their weapons manufacturing. Israel used to depend on us to supply them with M-16's, for example. They found the weapon inadequate (I don't blame them, I hate the AR platform. Ugh.) so they started building their own variants of the AK 47 with upgrades called a "Gallil." Now the Israeli defense forces all use Galil AK's. But when it comes to aircraft, for example, that's different. If you see an Israeli Apache, it's made in the US of A. F-35 fighters the Jews use are American-made. Hellfire missiles and Tamir Interceptor missiles the Israelis use are American.

Is it true they don't need our financial help? I doubt it. On one hand, they rank like 19 on the human growth development index, but also how much of their success is thanks to us being their #1 trade partner? They have zip for natural resources. They excel in tourism, diamond-cutting, telecommunications, have a strong technology sector, pharmaceuticals, and textile industry, etc. The majority of their success is in concert with American companies and American trade. Our aid to them militarily is part of the synergy between economies.

Could Israel function militarily without us? Absolutely. Would it be as robust, respected, dangerous, and feared without us? NO WAY.

People in here don't like Israel. I get that. And they don't like us aiding Israel. I get that, too. But we have to look at logistics. Iran is dangerous. And they grow more dangerous all the time! Iraq is dangerous. There are terrorists and Islamic fanatics all over the M.E. Who are our real friends there? Iran? Laughable. Saudi Arabia? They shake our hand and allow us to have air bases there and do oil deals with one hand, with their other hand they support Wahabi lunatics who build terrorist infrastructure. Who else is our friend? Egypt? Nope. Syria? Thanks to libs like Obama obsessing about Assad, they're not our buddies. Lebanon? Jordan? They're fairly weak. Kuwait? Is Kuwait's military going to be a check on the power of Iran, etc.? Nope. Their army is the size of the local Daughters of the American Revolution.

We have allies just as Russia does. Russia is currently helping Assad because they want his regime in tact. They like the logistics, the trade benefits, and a friend in the region to bolster their influence. The Americans like Israel and use them as a proxy presence. People are ok with Russia aiding Assad, but Israel getting help from the Americans is somehow bothersome.

Personally, I think we DO give Israel too much $$$$. But then again, I think we give EVERYBODY too much money! I wish we'd yank ALL foreign aid right now and fix this broken nation I'm living in!

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I can elaborate. What I can't do is understand how anyone can believe the Jews killed Jesus.
The Pharisees killed Jesus and this is what Modern Judaism is built upon. Nobody would say the faithful Jews killed Jesus because these Jews were people like Saint Peter.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟58,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What the hey? Are YOU being sincere?

Yes, the events leading to Christ's death are incredibly complex.

Why did Jesus come to earth, being born of a virgin, living a totally sinless life die on the cross?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.