• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Against the Devil

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have felt the devil has attacked me my whole life and has tried to make me a broken, destroyed woman. I feel he has harmed me so greatly. I know Jesus has fought against the devil to protect me. I know the devil has tried to destroy my soul. I sometimes feel the devil is still trying to destroy me. Has anyone else felt this way? How do you cope with the devils attacks?

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just recently I came under severe attacks. The Holy Spirit said, "Rebuke them!" So I would say, out loud, "I repent of sin. Devil, you are rebuked." If he kept on bugging me, I would simply say, "Rebuked!" about 15-20 times. That old bug-a-boo, Satan, went away. Maybe a couple of days later a sinful thought would enter my head. My response: REBUKED!! 15 or 20 times. Then go on about my day rejoicing. It is always good to have a Bible nearby....open it up to the Book of Romans, check out a few passages there, then the "ole reliable" Book of John. Be at peace! Be blessed!

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am praying this prayer for you.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Be at peace, child of God.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture says, "Submit yourself to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you." There are two sides to this verse. If we ignore the first part of the verse, the devil may go, or he may stand there and laugh at you. But when you submit yourself to God and establish where you stand with Christ, then the devil knows that you know that he is actually a defeated foe and that you have total authority over him. That authority can only have power over the devil when you are submitted to God.

If you are constantly being attacked by the devil, go to God and ask what it is in you that is not totally submitted to Him. There may be an area of your life that you and the Lord need to sort out. There may be some sinful habit pattern or unconfessed sin that is keeping the invitation open for the demon to continue having influence over you.

It's like having a plague of rats in your house. They come in to feed on the garbage. You can get a pest eradicator to get rid of the rats, but if you don't remove the garbage, the rats will return. But if you clean up the garbage, there is nothing for the rats to return to. It is the same with demons. People get deliverance every Sunday, and by the middle of the week the demons are back and so they have to go and get further ministry the following Sunday. This is because they have areas of garbage in their lives that have not been cleaned out through open and honest discussions with God about them. Having resentments and unforgiveness are the main areas which invite demons and keep them there. A prominent deliverance ministry will ask as his first question, "Is there anyone you have never forgiven?" It is amazing that this is often the case and as soon as forgiveness takes place, the person feels free from the demon.

So the prayer would be, "What is there in my life that is keeping the demon on my back?" If you pray that prayer honestly to God, He will show you. Then all you have to do is to talk it out with God. I find the best way to forgive someone is to pray for their salvation every time I think about them, until I receive a settled peace that thinking of them no longer makes me feel angry, resentful, or seeking any kind of revenge.

Once you are fully submitted to God in every area that you know of, it will be amazing how much power you will have over demons. They will run away from you like crazy!

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just recently I came under severe attacks. The Holy Spirit said, "Rebuke them!" So I would say, out loud, "I repent of sin. Devil, you are rebuked." If he kept on bugging me, I would simply say, "Rebuked!" about 15-20 times. That old bug-a-boo, Satan, went away. Maybe a couple of days later a sinful thought would enter my head. My response: REBUKED!! 15 or 20 times. Then go on about my day rejoicing. It is always good to have a Bible nearby....open it up to the Book of Romans, check out a few passages there, then the "ole reliable" Book of John. Be at peace! Be blessed!
Wonderful advice Winken :) Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am praying this prayer for you.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Be at peace, child of God.
Thank you so much Tadoflamb :)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture says, "Submit yourself to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you." There are two sides to this verse. If we ignore the first part of the verse, the devil may go, or he may stand there and laugh at you. But when you submit yourself to God and establish where you stand with Christ, then the devil knows that you know that he is actually a defeated foe and that you have total authority over him. That authority can only have power over the devil when you are submitted to God.

If you are constantly being attacked by the devil, go to God and ask what it is in you that is not totally submitted to Him. There may be an area of your life that you and the Lord need to sort out. There may be some sinful habit pattern or unconfessed sin that is keeping the invitation open for the demon to continue having influence over you.

It's like having a plague of rats in your house. They come in to feed on the garbage. You can get a pest eradicator to get rid of the rats, but if you don't remove the garbage, the rats will return. But if you clean up the garbage, there is nothing for the rats to return to. It is the same with demons. People get deliverance every Sunday, and by the middle of the week the demons are back and so they have to go and get further ministry the following Sunday. This is because they have areas of garbage in their lives that have not been cleaned out through open and honest discussions with God about them. Having resentments and unforgiveness are the main areas which invite demons and keep them there. A prominent deliverance ministry will ask as his first question, "Is there anyone you have never forgiven?" It is amazing that this is often the case and as soon as forgiveness takes place, the person feels free from the demon.

So the prayer would be, "What is there in my life that is keeping the demon on my back?" If you pray that prayer honestly to God, He will show you. Then all you have to do is to talk it out with God. I find the best way to forgive someone is to pray for their salvation every time I think about them, until I receive a settled peace that thinking of them no longer makes me feel angry, resentful, or seeking any kind of revenge.

Once you are fully submitted to God in every area that you know of, it will be amazing how much power you will have over demons. They will run away from you like crazy!
Thank you so much for your wonderful words of encouragement. I will do as you say and search my heart and let God clean anything that isn't supposed to be there.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel that the devil wants to destroy me everyday but what I do to combat that is stay close to JESUS.
Immerse yourself in prayer.
Resist the Devil and he will flee = ( James 4:7)

Keep a sound mind ( 2 Timothy 1:7 ) by speaking against satan in JESUS name.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel that the devil wants to destroy me everyday but what I do to combat that is stay close to JESUS.
Immerse yourself in prayer.
Resist the Devil and he will flee = ( James 4:7)

Keep a sound mind ( 2 Timothy 1:7 ) by speaking against satan in JESUS name.
Thank you so much for your words :) God bless you.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eph 6.10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eph 6.10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Lovely verse :)

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0