After Watching RNC 1 Life Long Democrat Switching To Trump

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"They Put God into Everything": Ohio Caller Tells C-SPAN He Is Changing From Lifelong Democrat to Republican After Watching GOP Convention

The caller felt the Dems did everything they could to exclude God from hardly ever being mentioned. Thought that was interesting. Any thoughts?
It's unfortunate too. Because I might've been able to vote for a more sensible candidate like Yang or Gabbard. But their actual nominee and his running mate are both just too extreme, you know? So unfortunate...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's unfortunate too. Because I might've been able to vote for a more sensible candidate like Yang or Gabbard. But their actual nominee and his running mate are both just too extreme, you know? So unfortunate...
I'm not American but I wouldn't have voted for Yang or Gabbard. But I get where you're coming from in saying this. I'm amazed that yes both of them were so marginalized in the Democrat party.

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The caller felt the Dems did everything they could to exclude God from hardly ever being mentioned. Thought that was interesting. Any thoughts?
They did, but was that so surprising?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't actually consider it a good reason to switch to a party because they pander to you. I would be more impressed if the man was convinced that the GOP was proposing things that he related to as a Christian than because they talked a lot about God.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't actually consider it a good reason to switch to a party because they pander to you. I would be more impressed if the man was convinced that the GOP was proposing things that he related to as a Christian than because they talked a lot about God.
That's a good point, never thought of it that way. I mean, honestly, where do other people get off having different priorities from you? There really oughta be a law against disagreeing. /s

Upvote 0

KingOFAmericans2

Aug 25, 2020
West Virginia
✟15,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think all Christians should vote for Trump. He is true to Christian values and a man who fears god. I think he was sent by God to restore the faith in Christianity. He also goes to Church and is a family man. If you believe in God, believe in Trump.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I value - safety in neighborhoods and also safety in going to the stores down town.

I value the sanctity of human life - whether we are talking about killing babies or slavery -- both of those situations boiled down to lack of respect for human life. All life matters.

I do not prefer thought police efforts

And I prefer the republic "for which it stands" which means "no flag burning" for me.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KingOFAmericans2

Aug 25, 2020
West Virginia
✟15,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who burn the great American flag should be deported

I value - safety in neighborhoods and also safety in going to the stores down town.

I value the sanctity of human life - whether we are talking about killing babies or slavery -- both of those situations boiled down to lack of respect for human life. All life matters.

I do not prefer thought police efforts

And I prefer the republic "for which it stands" which means "no flag burning" for me.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"They Put God into Everything": Ohio Caller Tells C-SPAN He Is Changing From Lifelong Democrat to Republican After Watching GOP Convention

It could have been space aliens that instructed him to change his mind.
Or he may have been probed while in a space ship and changed his vote afterward.
This is documented for callers from Ohio.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not American but I wouldn't have voted for Yang...

Andrew Yang? The candidate who stooped so low as to spray whipped cream into the mouths of supporters kneeling before him?

Now that is class. And true rational adult decorum, dignity, and sophistication. Yeah...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It could have been space aliens that instructed him to change his mind.
Or he may have been probed while in a space ship and changed his vote afterward.

This may be a good reason to switch to voting for a democratic candidate -- but I have never seen it to be the cause for switching from democrat to something else. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...cool story bro'. Here's a another guy from Ohio who decided to go in a...different...direction
:wave:
tulc(thinks this one sounds a little more believable than a guy on a phone making a claim) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think all Christians should vote for Trump.

Why would I vote for Trump when he's the polar opposite of Christian morality and family values?

I've supported the Republican Party for years and I would vote Republican. I didn't vote for Trump last time and that was the first time I didn't vote for a Republican in a presidential election.

The following are a few examples of why I, as a Christian, will not be voting for Trump.

He is in his third marriage to the woman he had affair with when he was still married to his second wife, who was his mistress while he was still married to his first wife. He had an affair with a inappropriate content star while his third wife was at home with their newborn son. He paid $130,000 to that mistress while he was campaigning for the presidency in 2016. He was court-ordered to pay $25 million to all the people he swindled out of their money through his bogus Trump University. He was court-ordered to pay $2 million to eight charities for misusing funds from his charity foundation.

He has taken God's name in vain. He called African-American football players "sons of ___" and he referred to Haiti and El Salvador as "____hole" countries. He incited violence during his 2016 rallies by telling his supporters to "knock the crap out" of protesters and he'd pay their legal fees. He said that his supporters who owned guns could act against Hillary Clinton if she had been elected. He has repeatedly disparaged Senator Elizabeth Warren by referring to her as 'Pocahontas.' He said he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and he wouldn't lose any support.

He is true to Christian values and a man who fears god.

Since when does Christian values include verbally assaulting and disparaging people on Twitter or viciously calling other people profane and demeaning names or cheating people out of their money or taking God's name in vain or saying that "Democratic cities can rot!" or misusing charity funds?

The expansive, repetitive universe of Trump’s Twitter insults

I think he was sent by God to restore the faith in Christianity.

It has actually been quite the opposite during the four years of his presidency. Google the words hypocrisy/hypocritical or sold out or compromised convictions with Christian Trump supporters.

He also goes to Church and is a family man. If you believe in God, believe in Trump.

What Church does he attend? Yes, he is a family man with three separate families. I believe in God but I don't believe in Trump. He repeatedly tells lies, he cheats, and he insults and mocks people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would I vote for Trump when he's the polar opposite of Christian morality and family values?
Because regardless of how you assess his personal religious beliefs and behavior, he has done much to defend Christians and Christian churches against encroaching secularism and the denial of the Constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion.

Of whom else with a chance to be elected this November can that be said?

And it's worse than that, since actual hostility to Christian people and their rights is strong among many groups that are lined up against this President.

And thanks for asking your question.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think all Christians should vote for Trump. He is true to Christian values and a man who fears god. I think he was sent by God to restore the faith in Christianity. He also goes to Church and is a family man. If you believe in God, believe in Trump.
A vote for me is a vote for God. Makes me think of, Do not take God's name in vain.

God=Christ=Trump=Idolatry.
God=Christ=Biden=Idolatry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0