Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's hard to see these players as victims.
They could be hoping to represent ones who are victims, using their exposure and reputation to stand up for ones who are not well-known.

Added to that, NFL stadiums are hugely subsidized in urban areas where crime and unemployment are rife. Where's the justice in that?
And so, there are job opportunities in those areas, and business opportunities so people in those areas can get blessed with what they might not have if the NFL went elsewhere.

So, maybe you mean a point that I am missing.

Also, isn't it true that the ones not working or who are committing crimes can be making their own choices to not work or do crimes? The NFL does not make their choices :)

Also, what about the business angle? Possibly the location is cheaper to buy, for having a stadium. Plus, the NFL could be doing community-effect things to use the stadiums to help the locals, somehow. A stadium can be used for other purposes, like Christian assemblies and political activities. And this can help to bring customers for hotels, and therefore local work . . . for anyone who chooses to work :)

And even if a poor minority person is doing room cleaning, this can start him or her with income so he or she can move up . . . like various minority players have moved from poor backgrounds to now make millions. If they are work ethic, they can.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This movement is about blacks being gunned down and unfairly being targeted by police because of their color which falls under civil rights as shown below

BLM is a black supremacist/anti-cop group, and I consider anything inspired/supported by them to be questionable, at best. Cops are more aggressive with blacks, although they are less likely to shoot them, but that seems to be because they make up 42% of the known cop killers, despite being like 13% of the population. Does that mean black people are bad? Of course not, but fatherless homes and poverty can help destroy the moral underpinnings of any society.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How do you know someone's heart?
They are kneeling because they hate this country, our flag and what it represents. They have been spoon fed lies from evil journalists who hype up riots to get ratings and sell advertising. The problems in the black community stem from 70% illegitimacy and fatherless children being brought up in a culture that idolizes criminality. That's why 2/3rds of young black men have been arrested; not because they were arrested unjustly, but because they have been taught that life was unfair and it is okay to take what you need. The media tells them lies about an innocent black thug who was shot just because he jumped an armed Hispanic and said he was going to kill the man with his own gun. Michael Brown was a thug who attacked a cop who initially was just trying to get im to stop walking in the middle of the street. "Hands up don't shoot" was always a lie. The media knew it was a lie and they whipped up a riot anyway. In my home city of Louisville a young black man was killed because the race baiters and the media told him to run from the police. THEY killed this young man, not the police officer who was trying to protect the innocents in the community.

Who benefits when crowds are whipped up into a fury by repeated lies from journalists out to get ratings? The officer in Ferguson was acquitted by a jury largely because of the testimony from witnesses from the black community he was there to protect. Rather than take time to explain why he was not guilty they hyped up a riot. Why were they never held responsible?

Barack Obama could have done much to alleviate racial tensions in America. For the first time Americans had elected a person who was not only bi-racial but with a father from Kenya. Rather than be a unifier he preferred to remain the community organizer; inserting racism into circumstances where race had no bearing. In Detroit a young black thug was shot by a black cop with a black chief in a city with a black mayor and the media called it a racial incident before learning any of the facts.

Men died to make America free. Not just white men. Crispus Attics was the first man killed in the Revolutionary War and he was a free black man. Minorities served with distinction in all our wars; serving in combat in greater proportions than their percentage of society. These men are being insulted, not just white Europeans. Black men, Hispanics, Latinos, Asian Americans, Native Americans and every nationality from border to border have defended and are defending the flag of this country. These are the men being insulted. These are the men whose sacrifice these protestors so cavalierly dismiss.

Consider the case of Sgt. William Carney.

On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.

Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued.

Even then, though, he didn't give it up. Many witnesses said Carney refused to give the flag to his rescuers, holding onto it tighter until, with assistance, he made it to the Union's temporary barracks.

Carney lost a lot of blood and nearly lost his life, but not once did he allow the flag to touch the ground. Carney was promoted to the rank of sergeant for his actions.

For his bravery, Carney was awarded the Medal of Honor on May 23, 1900. source

Sgt. Carney was the first black man to earn the Congressional Medal of Honor. There are 87 others. None of these overpaid protesters are worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as these heroes who sacrificed everything for a country that wasn't yet ready to accept them as equals.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I wanted to watch politics I'd turn on Fox News. I don't need to see this watching a sport.

I'm done with the NFL, period. It has turned into a political dog and pony show and their rating are going to suffer as a result. People are not going to put up with it and will tune it out, like I have. That's fine by me, there's always college football.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's hard to see these players as victims. The make far more than most Americans ever will. Added to that, NFL stadiums are hugely subsidized in urban areas where crime and unemployment are rife. Where's the justice in that?
And those stadiums improve the economy in those areas. They bring jobs and people who spend their money outside the stadium as well as inside the stadium.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The United States is now officially comprised of big babies with oppositional defiance disorder. If Trump wants them to do something, all he has to do is express the opposite of his intentions and the opposing behaviour will result.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
N.F.L. players across the country demonstrated during the national anthem on Sunday in a show of solidarity against President Trump, who scolded the league and players on Twitter this weekend.

■ With the support of owners, some of whom joined their teams on the field, dozens of players knelt in silent protests, while Tom Brady and others opted to stand and lock arms.

■ The Seattle Seahawks and the Tennessee Titans stayed in their locker rooms during the anthem in Nashville. The Pittsburgh Steelers also skipped the anthem in Chicago.

■ After the demonstrations began, Mr. Trump weighed in on Twitter, saying he approved of players locking arms, but declaring that kneeling during the anthem was “not acceptable.”

The entire offensive line of the Oakland Raiders, the only line in the N.F.L. made up entirely of African-American players, was joined by virtually the entire team in kneeling or sitting during the national anthem before their game against the host Washington Redskins. It was one of the strongest visual displays of the many protests today, and across the field, the Redskins stood with linked arms as some players chose to kneel.

After Trump Blasts N.F.L., Players Kneel and Lock Arms in Solidarity
I'm done with the NFL I want nothing to do with them anymore...No NFL games no NFL anything. On TV or in their stadiums. I'm done!

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If I wanted to watch politics I'd turn on Fox News. I don't need to see this watching a sport.

I'm done with the NFL, period. It has turned into a political dog and pony show and their rating are going to suffer as a result. People are not going to put up with it and will tune it out, like I have. That's fine by me, there's always college football.
I've always felt this way about the national anthem - if I wanted to do patriotic idol worship I would do it elsewhere.

Why, at a football game, a spectacle for entertainment, am I being forced to listen to the national anthem?

Of course, now all of a sudden people say they don't want politics but I didn't hear any of you complaining until just now.

So, if you don't want politics in the sports entertainment spectacles then petition the leagues to do away with this silly, pointless, divisive tradition.

I find it interesting that so many who claim to be Christians and don't so much as lift a finger for God will get indignant and outraged over a piece of cloth and a musical song, and demand that people "pay respect". What respect is America showing to the God you claim to follow??? Abortions in the millions, disobedience to God's Word as the basis of our nation's mammon-worship and materialism? Killing people in foreign lands for oil and money???

Forget about it. I was done with the national anthem long before Kaepernick took his first knee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm done with the NFL I want nothing to do with them anymore...No NFL games no NFL anything. On TV or in their stadiums. I'm done!
Good, then why not donate whatever NFL items - memorabilia, clothes, tickets, etc. - that you have left to underprivileged children and the groups that support them? They'll be happy to make use of them and it's a good opportunity for you to help those in need.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are kneeling because they hate this country, our flag and what it represents. They have been spoon fed lies from evil journalists who hype up riots to get ratings and sell advertising. The problems in the black community stem from 70% illegitimacy and fatherless children being brought up in a culture that idolizes criminality. That's why 2/3rds of young black men have been arrested; not because they were arrested unjustly, but because they have been taught that life was unfair and it is okay to take what you need. The media tells them lies about an innocent black thug who was shot just because he jumped an armed Hispanic and said he was going to kill the man with his own gun. Michael Brown was a thug who attacked a cop who initially was just trying to get im to stop walking in the middle of the street. "Hands up don't shoot" was always a lie. The media knew it was a lie and they whipped up a riot anyway. In my home city of Louisville a young black man was killed because the race baiters and the media told him to run from the police. THEY killed this young man, not the police officer who was trying to protect the innocents in the community.

Who benefits when crowds are whipped up into a fury by repeated lies from journalists out to get ratings? The officer in Ferguson was acquitted by a jury largely because of the testimony from witnesses from the black community he was there to protect. Rather than take time to explain why he was not guilty they hyped up a riot. Why were they never held responsible?

Barack Obama could have done much to alleviate racial tensions in America. For the first time Americans had elected a person who was not only bi-racial but with a father from Kenya. Rather than be a unifier he preferred to remain the community organizer; inserting racism into circumstances where race had no bearing. In Detroit a young black thug was shot by a black cop with a black chief in a city with a black mayor and the media called it a racial incident before learning any of the facts.

Men died to make America free. Not just white men. Crispus Attics was the first man killed in the Revolutionary War and he was a free black man. Minorities served with distinction in all our wars; serving in combat in greater proportions than their percentage of society. These men are being insulted, not just white Europeans. Black men, Hispanics, Latinos, Asian Americans, Native Americans and every nationality from border to border have defended and are defending the flag of this country. These are the men being insulted. These are the men whose sacrifice these protestors so cavalierly dismiss.

Consider the case of Sgt. William Carney.

On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.

Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued.

Even then, though, he didn't give it up. Many witnesses said Carney refused to give the flag to his rescuers, holding onto it tighter until, with assistance, he made it to the Union's temporary barracks.

Carney lost a lot of blood and nearly lost his life, but not once did he allow the flag to touch the ground. Carney was promoted to the rank of sergeant for his actions.

For his bravery, Carney was awarded the Medal of Honor on May 23, 1900. source

Sgt. Carney was the first black man to earn the Congressional Medal of Honor. There are 87 others. None of these overpaid protesters are worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as these heroes who sacrificed everything for a country that wasn't yet ready to accept them as equals.

first that's ridiculous as there are plenty of active and retired military that I know of that both love this country and agree with the protest. So no they are not kneeling cause they hate the country. You do not know the persons heart just your blind assumptions. Just like that 97 year old WW2 veteran that you said nothing about that I posted about, he loves his country and took a knee.

Next point according to countless reports on the issue show that blacks are targeted more then non-blacks not because of being a criminal but because of the skin color. Obviously you have no idea what your talking so let me tell you a small story about my wife who is black and see if this was her being a criminal. A couple of months after my daughter was born she was taking my daughter for a walk (baby in pink stroller) I was not far behind with my two boys and 3 undercover police cars stop and box her in and get out and question her for being "suspicious". When i confronted the officers they threatened to throw me in jail and assault my wife cause she looked suspicious cause of nothing more then she was black. She has always been a law abiding citizen and has no record. But of course to you she must of done something wrong right?

During the 1800s blacks were slaves, in the 1950s they were segregated, and today police racial profiling is very real.

Here are some links:

Study Supports Suspicion That Police Are More Likely to Use Force on Blacks

Baltimore police overwhelmingly target blacks: DOJ report

Police respect whites more than blacks during traffic stops, language analysis finds

Black People More Likely to Be Wrongfully Convicted of Murder, Study Shows

Fatally shot black Americans twice as likely as whites to be unarmed: study

http://news.stanford.edu/2016/06/28...-shows-racial-profiling-police-traffic-stops/

Black Crime Rates: What Happens When Numbers Aren't Neutral | HuffPost

Opinion | Unequal Sentences for Blacks and Whites

Black men nearly 3 times as likely to die from police use of force, study says - CNN

Report shows black drivers more likely to be pulled over in Missouri

Test suggests North Carolina police target black drivers - Futurity

Nearly a quarter of young black people say they've been harassed by police, poll finds

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
first that's ridiculous as there are plenty of active and retired military that I know of that both love this country and agree with the protest. So no they are not kneeling cause they hate the country. You do not know the persons heart just your blind assumptions. Just like that 97 year old WW2 veteran that you said nothing about that I posted about, he loves his country and took a knee.

Next point according to countless reports on the issue show that blacks are targeted more then non-blacks not because of being a criminal but because of the skin color. Obviously you have no idea what your talking so let me tell you a small story about my wife who is black and see if this was her being a criminal. A couple of months after my daughter was born she was taking my daughter for a walk (baby in pink stroller) I was not far behind with my two boys and 3 undercover police cars stop and box her in and get out and question her for being "suspicious". When i confronted the officers they threatened to throw me in jail and assault my wife cause she looked suspicious cause of nothing more then she was black. She has always been a law abiding citizen and has no record. But of course to you she must of done something wrong right?

During the 1800s blacks were slaves, in the 1950s they were segregated, and today police racial profiling is very real.

Did they ever say what they found 'suspicious' about her behavior?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did they ever say what they found 'suspicious' about her behavior?
No just they thought she looked suspicious. While there where two white women doing the exact same thing she was doing not that far from us.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No just they thought she looked suspicious. While there where two white women doing the exact same thing she was doing not that far from us.
Were you walking in the neighborhood where you live? Is that neighborhood predominately white or black?

Please don't feel that you have to answer these questions but I am trying to see how they would find her suspicious but not other mothers doing the same thing.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Police respect whites more than blacks during traffic stops, language analysis finds

Black People More Likely to Be Wrongfully Convicted of Murder, Study Shows
You can thank Obama for the resurgence of racism...It was nowhere near what it is now before he took the chair. He and Michael are racist to the extreme

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Were you walking in the neighborhood where you live? Is that neighborhood predominately white or black?

Please don't feel that you have to answer these questions but I am trying to see how they would find her suspicious but not other mothers doing the same thing.

Yes my house was two blocks away. Mostly white as we lived in Idaho at the time.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The players have every right to protest. Those who disagree with what the players are doing can stop attending games, stop watching games on television, stop listening on radio, stop buying NFL merchandise, stop buying products that sponsor NFL games through advertisements.

And for the record, the vast majority of police officers are decent people. The issue is the handful of rogue officers who apparently don't have a problem gunning down innocent people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0