After the flood: How did kangaroos get to Australia?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
full

I believe they got their by boat (after the language was confounded at the tower of Babyl). Others believe it was because the Earth was all one interconnected land mass (at one point in time).

What do you say?

Last edited:

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you do a word study on mountains, you'll discover that at some point after the flood, God caused the mountains to raise and other areas to sink, creating the topography we have now. It's very well possible God just migrated them there over land, just as any other animals inhabiting other isolated land masses.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you do a word study on mountains, you'll discover that at some point after the flood, God caused the mountains to raise and other areas to sink, creating the topography we have now. It's very well possible God just migrated them there over land, just as any other animals inhabiting other isolated land masses.

Noah wouldn't have had animals like kangaroos in his local area though not to mention the ark isn't large enough to hold all types of animals in the world. The flood wasn't global...that's just how it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Noah wouldn't have had animals like kangaroos in his local area though not to mention the ark isn't large enough to hold all types of animals in the world. The flood wasn't global...that's just how it is.

Who said there was no kangaroos locally. Noah took the young in several pairs and the old in one pair. The idea God would asked Noah to build an ark for his preservation and the preservation of animals would be meaningless if it was just a local flood. God could have instructed Noah to relocate himself and the animals somewhere else or God could have the animals migrate themselves by moving them by weather phenomena and where there is drinking rain water. In other words God could have shepherded the animals by encouraging them to adapt over time to new places where there wouid be no flood affects.

The idea that the earth disclosed its blood is pointing to a global issue. How would a local flood solve the problem of God cleaning the earth?

The way we know for sure it was a global flood is that after the flood God limited the age of humans to 120 years and so this highly suggests a global event.

• Agree
Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe they got their by boat (after the language was confounded at the tower of Babyl). Others believe it was because the Earth was all one interconnected land mass (at one point in time).

What do you say?
Its pretty easy to see how a land bridge existed between Europe and the North American continents. Australia isn't as simple but a chain if island could conceivably represent a land mass extending from Asia. The diversity in Australia is pretty inique, most of the marsupials in the world exist there. If you could conceive of a potential land mass you might have something but the kangaroo would have adapted from some ancestor that migrated there and that would have been about 10,000 years ago. Good luck with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

First, you have no way of knowing or proving that there weren't any there. Second, it was God who brought the animals to Noah, so it doesn't matter how far they had to travel to get there safely as they had help.

• Agree
Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The flood wasn't global...that's just how it is.
Speaking foolishness authoritatively doesn't make it any less foolish. Look at a topographic map of the region. A flood covering the high hills would have immediate runoff to the sea.
Nobody who looks at a map of the region could possibly believe there was a local flood. There are no barriers to contain the water.
It's okay to have a differing opinion, but when you state things as facts that are not facts it makes you not simply wrong, but a liar. Better to say that you believe in a local flood. There is nothing in either the Bible or in science to support your claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, you have no way of knowing or proving that there weren't any there. Second, it was God who brought the animals to Noah, so it doesn't matter how far they had to travel to get there safely as they had help.
Let's not forget that God created all life, and that God replenished the world after the flood. Did kangaroos exist before the flood? Maybe, maybe not. God has no limits.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. I don't know where the water came from. I don't know where it went. I have no record of anything that happened that Noah himself did not see, much less what happened in a completely different hemisphere. I do not know how the kangaroos got there. I only know that the Bible says there was a flood, that the mountains have marine fossils, and that God preserved a remnant of all of his creation to repopulate the Earth. Everything else is speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What do you say?
The best place to look at answers to this type of question is at sites like Creation.com or Answersingenesis.

Both these sites stand by the authority and accuracy of scripture.
You may not like their conclusions from studing both scripture and science, but you have to acknowledge their integrety and sincerity.

They stand by what the bible says, no picking and choicing what bits to believe or not.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's not forget that God created all life, and that God replenished the world after the flood. Did kangaroos exist before the flood? Maybe, maybe not. God has no limits.

Then what was the point of taking animals onto the ark?

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The best place to look at answers to this type of question is at sites like Creation.com or Answersingenesis.

Both these sites stand by the authority and accuracy of scripture.
You may not like their conclusions from studing both scripture and science, but you have to acknowledge their integrety and sincerity.

They stand by what the bible says, no picking and choicing what bits to believe or not.

I didn’t ask the question because I did not know the answer. I was merely curious as to the reasons given by others. In my original post, I provide an answer.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. I don't know where the water came from. I don't know where it went. I have no record of anything that happened that Noah himself did not see, much less what happened in a completely different hemisphere. I do not know how the kangaroos got there. I only know that the Bible says there was a flood, that the mountains have marine fossils, and that God preserved a remnant of all of his creation to repopulate the Earth. Everything else is speculation.

In the Psalms, we are told what God did with the flood water. He raised and lowered the land to set a boundary for the water.

Psalms 104:7-11
You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight. The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place that you appointed for them. You set a boundary that they may not pass, so that they might not again cover the earth. You make springs gush forth in the valleys; they flow between the hills; they give drink to every beast of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The flood wasn't worldwide.

The Bible disagrees with you.

"And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered." (Genesis 7:19).

Upvote 0