After Planned Parenthood Attack, No Calls to Close Churches or Register Evangelicals

NolanJ

Dec 3, 2015
Pittsburgh
✟16,140.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agreed with you. What more did you want?

You do not have a cogent argument in this thread. You are just saying my argument is incorrect without providing an argument of your own because you can't.

So please tell everyone what your argument is. We would like to hear it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. The whole premise is people killing in the name of their religion and if it should be monitored by government. Not about crime and killing people for reasons such as drug turf wars. If a Christian pastor was preachin to go out and kill, I would want that church to be closed down just like a Mosque if their Imam was teaching the same thing.

On the other hand, it can be convenient to have all the wackjobs gathered in one (covertly monitored) place... just saying...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I question your stats. Please present some evidence that shows Muslims kill almost as many people as the rest of the non-Muslim citizens.
The article the other person posted (supporting your view) said 48 people were killed by White Wing Extremists since 2001 and 28 had been killed by Islamic extremists. But it didn't factor in th 14 people killed in CA. Article was older. So now we are at 48 white wing deaths versus 41 Islamic extremist deaths and Muslims are only 8% of population or less.

It's since been updated.

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

And I have no idea why these articles take 09/11 out of the equation other than to try to skew an argument in their favor.

Well, the whole point is to look at terrorism since 9/11.

Literally since 2000, Muslim extremists have killed more Americans by a factor of 72. 3600 deaths Muslim extremists. Roughly 50 by right wing extremists.

Considering 9/11 was the deadliest terrorist attack in history, of course those numbers are going to skew whatever you're looking at. However, since 9/11, terrorism in the U.S. has been pretty evenly split between Islamofascists and far right wing non-Muslims, which is pretty frightening.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Your proposition that their is neither good nor evil is a fallacy.

Firstly, it is a fallacy why? Because thou hath decreed it?

Secondly, it was my proposition was that there are people who are good at Christianity, and people who are bad at Christianity. If it is your contention that those who are good at Christianity are good, and those who are good at Islam are evil, then I want you to consider where someone who admits to struggling to be obedient to God lands on that spectrum.

God is active in the sanctification of a Christian. The Christian spirituality regenerated by action of God still remains with fallen flesh. That is the striving. God's standard is to be perfect like Him. The only person to meet that standard is Jesus Christ. Christians follow the example of Christ. We will not do so perfectly until we are resurrected to have bodies like Him.

Huh.

The litmus test for Christians is how they emulate Christ...What fruit do we bear. The root of the tree is good (Christ) so the fruit will be as well.

When a Christian is obedient they are Christ like.

Has that been known to happen? I've not seen it.

When a Muslim is obedient they are Muhammad like.

That's not entirely accurate. Muhammed is not recognized by all Muslims as flawless. He was a prophet, not a deity. He is a very different figure. To compare them is to misrepresent them both.

So when you cast the religion of Islam in Christian terms, beliefs and concepts, you miss the point.

I think you can figure out the rest.

You've compared all Muslims to yourself and declared yourself superior?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Also, why would we encourage terrorism by declaring that True Muslims are terrorists? How does such hyperbole benefit anyone except Christians who wish to boast their superiority, or terrorists who need more "True Muslims".

I'm not a Christian, but I feel it is obvious that this Planned Parenthood terrorist is the True Christian. The rest of you have some righteousness to dish out on heathens.

Upvote 0