After close Ohio special election, Trump falsely tweets that Kasich is unpopular

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Jamsie

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Kasich offered himself as the savior of the Republican Party during the 2016 primary elections and couldn't draw flies, let alone votes.

I also notice that someone here started a post like this one (in American Politics) several days ago, and now, more than 48 hours later, there is a grand total of three replies to that OP, one of them by the writer of the OP himself.

Oh yes, this guy is going to take the Republican Party by storm...but only in dreams.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Kasich offered himself as the savior of the Republican Party during the 2016 primary elections and couldn't draw flies, let alone votes.

I also notice that someone here started a post like this one (in American Politics) several days ago, and now, more than 48 hours later, there is a grand total of three replies to that OP, one of them by the writer of the OP himself.

Oh yes, this guy is going to take the Republican Party by storm...but only in dreams.

The people of Ohio will be glad when he's gone. He played silly buggars with tax cuts (while raising other taxes) and then sold out to the Unions.

(Just leave the doorknob behind when you exit the state house John) :wave:

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Not to mention that his attempts to play the role of Christian lecturer when he tries to justify his tax-raising policies makes Christians who are conversant with the Bible just cringe at how badly he garbles the Gospel message. :doh:

Kasich is a liberal Republican who is part of the Swamp.

• Agree
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to mention that his attempts to play the role of Christian lecturer when he tries to justify his tax-raising policies makes Christians who are conversant with the Bible just cringe at how badly he garbles the Gospel message. :doh:
...does Gov. Kasich know how to pronounce 2 Corinthians 3: 17? If so it would seem he already knows more then President Trump. :wave:
tulc(just a thought he had) ;)

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
...does Gov. Kasich know how to pronounce 2 Corinthians 3: 17? If so it would seem he already knows more then President Trump. :wave:
tulc(just a thought he had) ;)

Why are you judging Donald Trump's English abilities or lack thereof? He doesn't need to speak well to be a great leader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you judging Donald Trump's English abilities or lack thereof?
...it's not like I questioned if he was born a US citizen or not, I just think if you get to be 70+ years old and you don't know how to pronounce 2 Corinthians I'm thinking that person might want to get his money back from what ever school he went to. :wave:

He doesn't need to speak well to be a great leader.
It's not his speaking ability I'm questioning, I simply don't think a d-list, serial adulterer, reality tv show host who doesn't know how to pronounce 2 Corinthians is qualified to be President of the United States. You might also notice that my post was in response to Albion saying:
(snip)makes Christians who are conversant with the Bible (snip)
I was pointing out if Gov. Kasich knew how to pronounce 2 Cor. he would seem to be more conversant with the Bible then President Trump is. :sorry:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
...it's not like I questioned if he was born a US citizen or not, I just think if you get to be 70+ years old and you don't know how to pronounce 2 Corinthians I'm thinking that person might want to get his money back from what ever school he went to. :wave:

It's not his speaking ability I'm questioning, I simply don't think a d-list, serial adulterer, reality tv show host who doesn't know how to pronounce 2 Corinthians is qualified to be President of the United States. You might also notice that my post was in response to Albion saying:

I was pointing out if Gov. Kasich knew how to pronounce 2 Cor. he would seem to be more conversant with the Bible then President Trump is. :sorry:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Matthew 6:15 says that if you don't forgive others for their sins, God will not forgive yours. If Trump is sincerely sorry for committing adultery, he should be forgiven. Not to forgive him for his trespass would mean God won't forgive you for your sins.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Matthew 6:15 says that if you don't forgive others for their sins, God will not forgive yours. If Trump is sincerely sorry for committing adultery, he should be forgiven. Not to forgive him for his trespass would mean God won't forgive you for your sins.
I don't remember the Republicans being so forgiving when Bill Clinton was President!

I try to lead a life where I don't have to ask God for forgiveness ...
Why do I gave to repent?
Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?
- Donald Trump

As for "The Donald," it appears that he doesn't see the need to seek God's forgiveness from sin because he makes so few mistakes - those errors Trump does make he self-corrects, so for all intents and purposes he has no need to repent because he's "SINLESS!"

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 6:15 says that if you don't forgive others for their sins, God will not forgive yours. If Trump is sincerely sorry for committing adultery, he should be forgiven.
hmmm...paying a inappropriate content star $130,000 to keep quite doesn't sound like any form of repentance I've read about in the Bible. Nor is this the sort of thing said by someone real clear on how repentance works:
https://www.christianpost.com/news/...ess-if-i-am-not-making-mistakes-video-141856/
Cooper followed up asking Trump if "asking for forgiveness" is a central tenet in his faith life.

"I try not make mistakes where I have to ask forgiveness," Trump answered.

When further asked about repentance again by Cooper, Trump said "I think repenting is terrific."

"Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes?" asked Trump. "I work hard, I'm an honorable person."
and again: the serial adultery would seem to argue against the "honorable person" claim President Trump is making. I might also point out, his paying off of Stormy Daniels was a little over a year after this quote. :wave:

Not to forgive him for his trespass would mean God won't forgive you for your sins.
I'm not sure that's how that Scripture works. :sorry:
tulc(is having an excellent cup of coffee right now) :coffee:

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness )1 John 1:5-10)

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from allb
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Based on "The Donald's" own words, he is his own "light" in the world - 1 John 1:5-10 is quite explicit that:
- Trump is walking in "darkness,"
- he is not "liv(ing) out the truth,"
- he goes not enjoy fellowship with God
- Trump has made Christ out to be a "liar"
- Christ's truth is not in him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Cult-of-Trump.jpg

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Confession...
I liked Kasich.
I think he would have been the best person for the job.
He is very center, but center would have been better imho.
Swinging the country back and forth to extremes with each election could end up tearing us apart.
And yeah, I'd still give him a shot.
I'd love to see a politician who is just about running the country.
Don't like everything he says, but i think he could have gotten some things in order.

• Agree
Upvote 0