Atlanta
✟76,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So i was born again 9 years ago but ever since then i still keep struggling with my sinful past which I make mistakes and return to the same old ways, my own sinful lusts return again, i try to fight but as they never leave. I did felt completely free from this, but for 3 years until imade mistake sin , but i did repented many times for it, but sin than i felt i dont get close to God how i used to. Dont feel calling to return or seek him.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 Jn 1:9​

Confessing our sins simply gets the Holy Spirit back into influencing our life so he can begin to lead us. But, it can not end there.

We will feel emptiness unless we eat our spiritual food. Its not about ritual. Its not repeating dogma. Its getting oneself into a good Bible teaching church where a pastor-teacher will feed the flock knowledge from God's Word that is needed to grow into what God wants us to become to become finally happy.

But be continuously
growing in the grace and knowledge
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. 2 Pet 3:18​

Knowledge.. not dogma. We need to get understanding in our soul, so the Spirit can become one with our mind. Never can happen by just doing overt rituals that impart no knowledge. That makes one into a slave to religion, not spiritual Christianity.

Otherwise.. Emptiness and constant longing will end up being our only friend.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟76,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Come on. Any sane Christian knows that that passage that appears in a traslation can not be right. We all remain able to sin!

If we say, “We have not sinned,” we make him a liar, and his
word is not in us." 1 Jn 1:10​

I have known many believers. All of them understood that they faced temptations, and in rare moments of weakness have sinned. That is why they learned to love 1 John 1:9!

If we acknowledge our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from every wrongdoing."

Why acknowledge/confess our sins if we can sin no more??????? Why need a resurrection body if we end up sinning no more?

• Winner
Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus gave us the answers to such problems, which many of us have to deal with. He founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven, and "He who hears you hears Me". He promised its priests, "Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them", so that we would not have to endure years of struggle and failure. He gave us His body and blood to strengthen us against temptation, and allow his to grow in spirituality and morality. You really should look into it.

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,743.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You won't feel the calling to return to him because your sin is getting in the way of hearing him. Just turn yourself around and go back to him. I always find it surprising how close he really is in these times, given that sin is an anathema to him.

Contrary to those who think otherwise, Christians don't achieve perfection immediately (Peter kept on putting his foot in it all his life and Paul had to remind various groups of their problems). With practise it becomes easier, but it will never go away totally.

The key thing is to accept your own responsibility and repent of it and keep doing that.

Progressive or instant?
Who has known the mind of The Lord? :) (Rom 11:34)

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ovis,

Romans 6 & 7 have lots to say about how a born again person should approach sin.

They speak about how at salvation the old you died and all the control of the sinful nature died with it. That does not mean that you cant try to go back to your sinful ways, but it says that you can now say from the scriptures that you don't have to.

My advice is to go over your salvation experience. Did you actually do something expecting to be saved or just put your trust in what Jesus did at the cross for you. Paul recounts in Romans 7 how when he tried to go back to the Law and observe its rules that he was right where he was pre-salvation, Lost in sin. Remember that today we live in the age of grace and that you cant earn your salvation by works nor can you expect to keep it from the works you do.

Salvation was a once in a life time event when you fully believed that Jesus died to pay your ticket into Heaven for eternity. This was a permanent exchange.

From my spiritual experience is this if i used to fall and make sin the more i used to believe God is far from me and left me the more pain and difficult it seemed to pray, but when ever i said to my self no God didn't left me and i choose to believe he is with me it all the sudden changes and i feel God is near.

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
inappropriate contentography rots the soul (billy graham)

I got in to it when i was 15 and ever since than i was very addicted, but when I found God i changed, but than some dissapointments happened and i returned back to this sin, of course i always fight .

• Prayers
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,743.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I got in to it when i was 15 and ever since than i was very addicted, but when I found God i changed, but than some dissapointments happened and i returned back to this sin, of course i always fight .
I was younger than you! I will keep praying for your deliverance. ‘The battle belongs to The Lord’ however, He will reward your fighting to overcome. The Lord bless you and keep you my love :)

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So i was born again 9 years ago but ever since then i still keep struggling with my sinful past which I make mistakes and return to the same old ways, my own sinful lusts return again, i try to fight but as they never leave. I did felt completely free from this, but for 3 years until imade mistake sin , but i did repented many times for it, but sin than i felt i dont get close to God how i used to. Dont feel calling to return or seek him.

One must know who they believe in and what their faith is grounded in. One must also understand that not all seed results in a healthy plant. Christ is savior and must also be Lord. Paul instructed us to die so that we may live. Only as we die to self and Christ then becomes Lord do we have victory. Growth is a requirement not an optional part of Christianity and neither is the death of ourselves. As one speaker put it many decades ago, A christian needs to utter (figuratively) the prayer, Lord let me be a seed that falls into the ground and dies. Only from such a death can the man of God be raised within each of us. Remember the story of the vine in John chapter 15. Branches that die because of lack of substance, ie starve due to lack of feeding, are cut off and burnt.

Upvote 0

kvolm

Feb 28, 2018
SoCal
✟17,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully you realize that when you are battling an addiction you have to deal with both the spiritual and the physiological facets of this. Neuroscience is very clear that a inappropriate contentography addiction alters brain function: The Crushing Weight Of inappropriate contentography Addiction | A Listly List

• Useful
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums