SoCal
✟17,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This makes you just like every other sinner who will always be prone to return to the sins which so easily entangle us. Thankfully when we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness within us. So don't let your feelings stand in the way of truth. You are welcome in the presence of God and invited to come there to express your frustration with where you find yourself today. Do you have a regular practice of getting into God's presence?

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So i was born again 9 years ago but ever since then i still keep struggling with my sinful past which I make mistakes and return to the same old ways, my own sinful lusts return again, i try to fight but as they never leave. I did felt completely free from this, but for 3 years until imade mistake sin , but i did repented many times for it, but sin than i felt i dont get close to God how i used to. Dont feel calling to return or seek him.
Yep... just like the rest of us..

The fact that you are aware of your sins.. is a good sign.. If you start thinking that you are living without any sin.. you better get back to Christ.

The closer we walk with God.. the more aware we are of our short comings.

On top of that.. you have the enemy continually harping and convicting you.. trying to tell you that you are not saved, not good enough, not a Christian... still a sinner.. still have no salvation..

So.. Ya... your pretty much normal I would say.. Keep trying to be more like Him, your light will shine.

Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sooner or later, we all will fall. And usually, its to the sin that so easily besets us.
When you fall, first thing, get back up. Some things will still make us 'a little dirty' and these are described in Lev 15. And how to properly clean up when these sins ensnare us (Usually sexual sins). It doesn't mean we arent forgiven, or that God has turn His back. We just have to clean ourselves up, and wait a spell. Then once again we can be clean / holy before the Father.
Most of the questions that I get hammered with are answered in the 5 books of Moses. And believers are like 'wow, when did that appear there?'. I think those were my words as well. ;)
Kind of like, God knew we would need this stuff. ;)
good luck brother!

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
So i was born again 9 years ago but ever since then i still keep struggling with my sinful past which I make mistakes and return to the same old ways, my own sinful lusts return again, i try to fight but as they never leave. I did felt completely free from this, but for 3 years until imade mistake sin , but i did repented many times for it, but sin than i felt i dont get close to God how i used to. Dont feel calling to return or seek him.

This is normal for everyone doing the good fight. Dont give up, we will have an imperishable crown at the end of our lifes.

1 Corinthians 9 "24Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."

Upvote 0

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ovis,

Romans 6 & 7 have lots to say about how a born again person should approach sin.

They speak about how at salvation the old you died and all the control of the sinful nature died with it. That does not mean that you cant try to go back to your sinful ways, but it says that you can now say from the scriptures that you don't have to.

My advice is to go over your salvation experience. Did you actually do something expecting to be saved or just put your trust in what Jesus did at the cross for you. Paul recounts in Romans 7 how when he tried to go back to the Law and observe its rules that he was right where he was pre-salvation, Lost in sin. Remember that today we live in the age of grace and that you cant earn your salvation by works nor can you expect to keep it from the works you do.

Salvation was a once in a life time event when you fully believed that Jesus died to pay your ticket into Heaven for eternity. This was a permanent exchange.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't tell if your doing this or not from your post, but im going to explain ot anyway because it is a very common thing that people fall into.

When someone sins, the most logical thing to do is put yourself back under the law, and in doing so, they fall out of line from the word of God, not just because of their sin, but mainly becsuse they put themself under the law again.

Eg. I was right with God, now i have sinned, therefore i need to remove that sin, in order to be right with God again, which is a trap, or a pit, that keeps going around in circles.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Instead repent, pray for Gods grace, pray that he establishes and confirms you. That he remove the desires and lust from you heart.

Essentialy, it turns it around. Instead of trying to remove the sin from our life, do your best to resist, and wait on him to restore, which usually doesnt take that long for the desires to fade.

I like the expression of a pit. Eg. A deep hole, you keep trying to get yourself out, only to get near the top, and then lose your footing and slip right back in.

You cant get out yourself, need God to pull you out.

Last edited:
Reactions: JodieGN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was/is your understanding of the Gospel? That's where you need to start. There's is something wrong your understanding.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you heard this what apostle John have said:
I write to you, YOUNG MEN, because you are STRONG, and THE WORD OF GOD ABIDES IN YOU, and you HAVE OVERCOME the evil one. -1 John 2:14

So the question is after you were born again,
have the word of God abides in you ?
If not, you know why all this time you are struggling with your sinful pasts.

This is what has been written:
For the MIND that is set on the flesh is HOSTILE to God, for it does not submit to God's law ( of Spirit of life ) ;
INDEED, IT CANNOT. -Romans 8:7

When your mind entertain yourself to sinful passions, desires, and covetousness, your mind is set on the flesh; your mind is hostile to God; that means you make yourself enemy of God; INDEED, your mind doesn’t submit God’s law of Spirit of life.

Why when you try to fight but the sinful passions and desires never leave ? It is because you are relying on your own strength!

This is what the Lord have said:
Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD. -Jeremiah 17:5
He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. -Jeremiah 17:6

So if you don’t want to be cursed, start relying on God’s strength.

Just consider this if you rely on your strength to work out your salvation, why God the Father in His abundance of grace need to send Jesus Christ His Son to die crucified for you.

It makes no sense!

Why God the Father need to make promise to send Holy Spirit to you, why Jesus Christ need to baptize you with Holy Spirit, why the Holy Spirit need to be sent to help you !

If you can rely on your own strength, there is no need for God and His Son in all His wisdom and understanding to send you His Holy Spirit.

That is why you are told to set your mind on the things of the Spirit, as is written in Roman 8:5

As Jesus have said : The words that I have spoken to you are SPIRIT and life. -John 6:63

That is why apostle John have said that you are strong and have overcome the evil one because the word of God abides in you.

So, set your minds on the things of the Spirit, that is, the word of God ! Let the word of God abides in you.

brother, if you “Dont feel calling to return or seek him.”

We all have been admonished:
Be SOBER-MINDED; BE WATCHFUL. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. -1 Peter 5:8
Resist him ( the devil ), firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. -1 Peter 5:9

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Perfect means holy. We grow into holiness. It is a journey
It's a journey exactly.
It doesn't mean much to born again if you don't keep reading bible, praying for you and other people, doing good things for others. Finding your God given purpose. These are important things you can't live without.

Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't know why you struggle with this, but I know the devil is the accuser that stand before God, point at us and our sin and sneer, knowing it, as he know how to tempt us. God can give us power, but then you have to truly want it, and truly believe it is His to give. This is the difficult dilemma we seem trapped in, all of us. You are not alone.

I started thinking at once when I saw your post: What kind of friends do this man got? What kind of people do you surround yourself with? This is something God put on my heart. I don't know if it is relevant or not. But I know that it's difficult to be a believer and to burn for the things that have to do with our faith, when others around us seem to be, not only indifferent, but as if good is bad and evil is good. So deep the ignorance of us all is reaching, that at once we think we have said something wise, the folly will be obvious for anyone else to see.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
You won't feel the calling to return to him because your sin is getting in the way of hearing him. Just turn yourself around and go back to him. I always find it surprising how close he really is in these times, given that sin is an anathema to him.

Contrary to those who think otherwise, Christians don't achieve perfection immediately (Peter kept on putting his foot in it all his life and Paul had to remind various groups of their problems). With practise it becomes easier, but it will never go away totally.

The key thing is to accept your own responsibility and repent of it and keep doing that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
@ovis90 can you share how your life with God is? That would help us to see better, and give you Godly advice. How much time do you spend reading the Bible each week? What about prayer and how often do you pray?

In the mean time, here is a verse I hope will help:

James 4:7-10
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

The book of James has really great wisdom for us to learn from.

Right now barly read bible, but i prayer 2-3 times a day. Ik now i should read it, but read a lot on computer at my work and i find this excuse not to read the bible. I prefer better if i turn on audio.

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sanctification is a life long process, as long as we are in these bodies that process will continue. Our flesh holds us back, drags us down but we are set aside and sealed and then made more like Jesus over time. Being born again isn't a feeling, its a contractual fact, it's both a doctrinal truth and positional truth. The evidence of a saved heart is the change ( we are translated from darkness to light Colossians 1:13 and literal ownership is changed in 2 Corinthians 1:22). You live on becoming more Christ like, slowly old desires become less important and new ones take their place. Single besetting sins are not an indication you are not born again. Look at your overall walk and pray on that sin.

I am single guy never had a gf 30 years old i feel its not easy although iwas born again but same desires stayed i am fighting ,but sometimes the old desires return.

Upvote 0

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟81,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right now barly read bible, but i prayer 2-3 times a day. Ik now i should read it, but read a lot on computer at my work and i find this excuse not to read the bible. I prefer better if i turn on audio.

I was like you for many, many years. I rarely, opened up the bible for myself and allowed God to speak to me. I would listen to sermons and programs on a local christian radio station. I spent time thinking of God and where he was. But I allowed my relationship with God, to be dictated by what I heard other men say about him. There is a big difference to knowing God, by allowing him to speak to you directly, and being told by others about him.

If you meet someone at a party (as an example) and become friends with them, would you not want to spend time with them to get to know them directly? Or would you ask another friend to go hang out with them, then send you a report, of what happened?

Spending time reading and studying God's word, with him will help you a lot. Listening to the Bible is also an option, if it helps as a starting point. I don't view being a christian as a religion. I view it as a relationship with my God.

If you decide to start spending more time, in reading what God has to say to you, directly, as you read the Bible, pray first. Ask God to help you understand what you are about to read. Ask him for His wisdom and insight. God will give to you generously. :)

Upvote 0

Pop D.

Sep 23, 2020
Oklahoma
✟162,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am single guy never had a gf 30 years old i feel its not easy although iwas born again but same desires stayed i am fighting ,but sometimes the old desires return.
But you ARE fighting them, and are aware they're sinful. You may not be perfect, but you can thank God you're not as bad as you were before you knew Him. Praising Him for that might be a good first step to help you feel closer to Him.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When we are born again, that's only the beginning of struggling against the sinful nature that remains within us. I experienced the new birth 61 years ago this past summer. God's miracle began the changes that have continued with victories along the way, but I still have a long way to go at the age of 78. Please don't give up praying and reading God's Word just because you don't feel the sin has left you. The important thing is whether you don't want sin to dominate you. If that's the case, God has saved you; then, you need to claim Jesus' victory persistently over a long period of time. Patient persistence in prayer and praise is the key. Also, besides praying and reading the Bible, make sure you attend church every Sunday, or if they are still locked down, watch your church's services online. We need the food of God's Word to grow in the Christian life. You're on my prayer list.

Upvote 0