Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,458.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It’s saddening how many people are for coercion. Like I keep saying, some folks are okay with tyranny.

The claim of tyranny lost its bite when it was used to whine about having to wear a mask to try to keep people from dying.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The claim of tyranny lost its bite when it was used to whine about having to wear a mask to try to keep people from dying.
Yeah, I know. Too many people bought that lie, and now they just do whatever is told them.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't want people "punished". However, if people place their own opinions above the general welfare of the population, I would argue the government has a role in protecting the rest of us. Btw, Ben Franklin was known to be a proponent of the Smallpox vaccine (he lost his son to Smallpox). I have not read his writings (if any) with regards to government vaccine policy, however.
To be able to cure this world of Covid, it would be necessary for 9 billion people all in short order of time to receive a vaccine that fully works against further transmission and immunity from being infected again. To believe that's possible is pie in the sky thinking about what constitutes the general welfare of the people.

The American people are deeply rooted in the sovereignty of the individual as illustrated by the expression, give me liberty or give me death. Punitive measures only increase the already problem of supply chain issues necessary to provide a vaccine. By implementing these measures, the general welfare of the people is actually doing the harm, not solving it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
To many people overreacted to the slightest inconvenience and now we no longer believe the cries of "Wolf".
No, too many people bought the big lie that masks work. And also ignored all the hypocrisy surrounding that lie.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Nice try Hammster. I'm not going down that "tyranny" rabbit hole. Ah the drama....
You brought it up. I’m just asking you to defend your point. But obviously I can’t make you.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,458.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No, too many people bought the big lie that masks work. And also ignored all the hypocrisy surrounding that lie.
No, to many people thought that they knew better then the medical experts and screamed "Tyranny!" when they did not get their way. The same as they are doing for vaccines.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, to many people thought that they knew better then the medical experts and screamed "Tyranny!" when they did not get their way. The same as they are doing for vaccines.
I was following Fauci who said they were ineffective. Then I verified what he said with other experts who said they were ineffective.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It’s saddening how many people are for coercion. Like I keep saying, some folks are okay with tyranny.

You indentured yourself to your employer -- feel free to back out at any time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I know, right? How hopelessly soft has America suddenly become when that counts as "tyranny"?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I know, right? How hopelessly soft has America suddenly become when that counts as "tyranny"?
I think it’s more like how hopelessly like sheep we’ve become.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Like I said, my job has nothing to do with tyranny.

Insofar as it's not tyranny if you choose it, or it's not tyranny if you get a paycheck at the end of the week?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think it’s more like how hopelessly like sheep we’ve become.

Well, if this is the hill you want to die kill on, best of luck...

Upvote 0