Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Both bans in question have to do with the virus. When Trump did it, it was racist. When Biden does it, it’s for safety.

It’s pure hypocrisy. I can’t see why those on the left just can’t admit it.

C-H-Y-N-A!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You cited a choice.
Get vaccinated or find another job where you're unvaccinated status does not impact others.

Indeed -- choose to do your job by the rules your boss sets, or choose to find a new boss.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I had the CHOICE to - I was free without compulsion, nor threat of punitive actions. I made the choice of my own FREE WILL.

That is the difference between a free nation and an authoritarian state.
Me too! Good thing we live in a free country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm not wasting my time..... If you're going to ignore the demonstrated behavior of DT, we don't have anything to discuss
My argument is the hypocrisy of the left. Nowhere did I approve of Trump’s behavior.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In contrast, Biden enacted a ban after scientific concern over a new variant of Covid 19, omicron, which can kill people.

Eh, do you have ANY evidence at all that Omicron is killing people? Because the South African doctor that discovered this variant said that those who have had it have "very mild" symptoms, or even "very, very mild" symptoms;

Dr. Angelique Coetzee, a private practitioner and chair of South African Medical Association, told Reuters that on Nov. 18 she noticed seven patients at her clinic who had symptoms different from the dominant Delta variant, albeit "very mild".

"Most of them are seeing very, very mild symptoms and none of them so far have admitted patients to surgeries. We have been able to treat these patients conservatively at home," she said.
S.African doctor says patients with Omicron variant have "very mild" symptoms

There simply is currently no evidence that Omicron is "kill(ing) people". In fact, all evidence that we do have at this point suggests it causes much milder symptoms, akin to what many people feel after being vaccinated.

Besides that, do you really think a travel ban is going to stop the variant? Spoiler alert; it's not. But at least the government is seen to be "doing something", and the political safety theater is all that really matters to most people. It makes them "feel" safer, even if they're not.

Virus Travel Bans Are Inevitable But Ineffective

Sadly, this is where we are, and it is what happens when you abandon sound science. It's why, despite the FDA advisory committee advising against boosters for all just a few short weeks ago, the CDC decided completely unilaterally and without a single shred of evidence that it improves clinical outcomes, every one over 18 "should" get a booster, despite 2 of the most senior vaccine officials that resigned from the FDA in protest over pressure from the White House to push boosters writing an op-ed in the Washington Post yesterday advising against it. Can you just imagine the outrage if Trump were pressuring FDA officials to push boosters and they resigned and spoke out against it? Yet Biden can do it and no one blinks an eye;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/11/29/booster-shots-universal-opinion/

Anyone who continues to support these unscientific "mitigation" measures is either lying, pushing propaganda, ignorant, or some combination of the three. We have long since abandoned scientifically sound measures in favor of politically driven theater.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,973.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My argument is the hypocrisy of the left. Nowhere did I approve of Trump’s behavior.

No, you simply stated Biden is racist - the implication being, if Biden is racist, his current policy is as well. That's simply not true.

If racism is in the table, should I remind you of all the racism that’s come from Biden?

Lol. So the President Biden, who has decades of racist comments, doesn’t have a xenophobic strategy? Okie dokie.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, you simply stated Biden is racist - the implication being, if Biden is racist, his current policy is as well. That's simply not true.
Not quite the argument. You should follow the actual discussion. My point is that Biden called Trump’s ban xenophobic. Then someone countered and said that Trump’s ban was racist, while Biden’s isn’t. So I simply asked if they would like to see the Biden quotes through the years that show him to have said racist things. So that’s not my argument. My argument is still the same. Two presidents put in travel bans because of Covid. One gets a pass (the one who criticized the previous ban) and one doesn’t. Saying one is good and one is bad is hypocrisy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not quite the argument. You should follow the actual discussion. My point is that Biden called Trump’s ban xenophobic. Then someone countered and said that Trump’s ban was racist, while Biden’s isn’t. So I simply asked if they would like to see the Biden quotes through the years that show him to have said racist things. So that’s not my argument. My argument is still the same. Two presidents put in travel bans because of Covid. One gets a pass (the one who criticized the previous ban) and one doesn’t. Saying one is good and one is bad is hypocrisy.

And my argument: Biden did not campaign on xenophobia nor has he ever promoted such non-sense as a political strategy. Trump clearly has (and GOP continues ). His entire political appeal is based on blaming the "other (foreigners, BLM, ____ " for the woes of America).

As far as the current ban, I'm not sure it is necessarily the best policy. The administration states they did so to buy time until we know more about the new variant. I'm not sure that matters. The fact is, our collective virus surveillance measures are so weak, any new variant will have already spread globally before we can formulate a response....a response that may take months (if, say, the current vaccines have to be modified). South Africa effectively is being punished for detecting and then openly sharing their findings. IMO, we need to do better....

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And my argument: Biden did not campaign on xenophobia nor has he ever promoted such non-sense as a political strategy. Trump clearly has (and GOP continues ). His entire political appeal is based on blaming the "other (foreigners, BLM, ____ " for the woes of America).

As far as the current ban, I'm not sure it is necessarily the best policy. The administration states they did so to buy time until we know more about the new variant. I'm not sure that matters. The fact is, our collective virus surveillance measures are so weak, any new variant will have already spread globally before we can formulate a response....a response that may take months (if, say, the current vaccines have to be modified). South Africa effectively is being punished for detecting and then openly sharing their findings. IMO, we need to do better....
This is a straw man. I never said anything about a campaign. ONCE AGAIN, my point is the hypocrisy of Biden calling Trump’s Covid ban xenophobic, yet his ban gets a pass.

Maybe you are wasting your time since you can’t seem to address what I’ve said.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Not quite the argument. You should follow the actual discussion. My point is that Biden called Trump’s ban xenophobic.

He did not. Although it's clear the right wing talking points continue to be promulgated.

“You know we have right now a crisis with the coronavirus, emanating from China,” Biden tells supporters. “The national emergency and worldwide alerts. The American people need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it. That he is going to act rationally about it. In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysterical xenophobia and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science.”

Biden tweet: “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering.

To be clear, Biden did call Trump xenophobic (or at least that he promoted xenophobia as part of his demagoguery). But this statement is not about the travel ban. In fact, HHS career experts supported the ban, so Biden's approval of Trump's reduction in Chinese travel is in line with his statement that we follow the science.

Biden campaign: "Travel restrictions, when supported by science, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy can be warranted. Travel restrictions can buy time; but here, the time they bought for preparation was squandered when Trump used it to downplay, rather than ready the country for, the disease.”

This is the exact same situation we're in now. We're buying a little time.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He did not. Although it's clear the right wing talking points continue to be promulgated.

“You know we have right now a crisis with the coronavirus, emanating from China,” Biden tells supporters. “The national emergency and worldwide alerts. The American people need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it. That he is going to act rationally about it. In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysterical xenophobia and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science.”

Biden tweet: “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering.

To be clear, Biden did call Trump xenophobic (or at least that he promoted xenophobia as part of his demagoguery). But this statement is not about the travel ban. In fact, HHS career experts supported the ban, so Biden's approval of Trump's reduction in Chinese travel is in line with his statement that we follow the science.

Biden campaign: "Travel restrictions, when supported by science, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy can be warranted. Travel restrictions can buy time; but here, the time they bought for preparation was squandered when Trump used it to downplay, rather than ready the country for, the disease.”

This is the exact same situation we're in now. We're buying a little time.
He made this statement the day after the ban. He implied it was bad, and called the man who implemented it xenophobic. I think rational people can connect the dots here.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You cited a choice.
Get vaccinated or find another job where you're unvaccinated status does not impact others.

Nope - there are thousands who have jobs, many in the medical field who have had them for decades. While having zero negative impact, at the same time saving the lives of hundreds of thousands they serve. Who have lost them, or in the process of loosing them because of an authoritarian president placing an executive order that the courts say are a gross over reach of his power.

Indeed -- choose to do your job by the rules your boss sets, or choose to find a new boss.

If it was my boss - I would agree 100% - but it is the monarch in the White House (or so he acts like one), who thinks he can rule over private business by royal edict.

Thankfully we have a court system that is currently blocking his efforts, even though his lapdogs are telling companies to move forward and ignore the courts.

Which government mandates are requiring this?

I'm sorry to hear you have been in a coma for the last few months, glad you have recovered. Check out news sources and you will find plenty of information. Best to you in your recovery.

Upvote 0