• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Afraid I sold my soul.....help

Jensaiia

Jan 2, 2019
USA
✟16,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have really bad ocd and I was having an obsession for an an hour straight. I was lying on my bed and got the thought I'd trade my souls for this to stop. And then I was like for a split second no i dont but then with my conscious brain i said yes, anything for this to be over. And then I just went on hoping it would stop. I'm I going to hell? Did I trade mysel

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have really bad ocd and I was having an obsession for an an hour straight. I was lying on my bed and got the thought I'd trade my souls for this to stop. And then I was like for a split second no i dont but then with my conscious brain i said yes, anything for this to be over. And then I just went on hoping it would stop. I'm I going to hell? Did I trade mysel

Did it stop afterwards? You seem to still be having obsessions, so it doesn't seem that the trade actually took place.

• Informative
Reactions: Jensaiia
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's not possible to "trade" your soul. So no, you didn't trade your soul, and you are certainly not in danger of hell. You have OCD, it's a medical condition. These intrusive thoughts are part of that medical condition.

God loves you.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The ones I wanted to go atm went

Keep in mind that we're destined for Hell from the beginning being that we're born into sin and need to be saved. Jesus Christ is the only way for us to be saved. That's because He paid the ransom for our souls. If you accept Christ's gift, then a trade has been made that can't be undone. You've gone from being Satan's to being God's. Any "trading" beyond that is invalid and doesn't change anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Couldn't it be blasphemy of the holy spirit tho....the bible said that's unforgivable

The only real blasphemy of the Spirit is ultimately unbelief. Do you believe Christ died for you and that you are saved through Him? Have you asked Him to take over your life and lead you?

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, Jen. There is good news in Jesus Christ if you believe. To what degree you stated your desire to get past the OCD doesn't have to determine your outcome if you believe with life-surrendering faith in Jesus Christ and repentance.

Speaking for myself, I don't know if you sold your soul but here's a more life-impacting and even, in a way, drastic thing that Jesus tells us to do: He tells us to give our lives to Him. How? Believe Him as the Savior and Lord Whom He says He is (in Matthew, Mark,Luke, and John of the Bible), trust Him as the Ultimate crucified Sacrifice given to us to set us free from our sins, and follow His teaching while denying self daily (which is how we follow Him as His believers) in devotion to His Word written in the Bible. He empowers us to live for Him and to forsake the life we once had that was apart from Him. There is eternal gift and beauty beyond you can imagine for surrendering our souls to the Right One, Jesus Christ.

So, in essence, God's grace of giving His Son Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord can cancel out sin (including selling of a soul) through surrendering faith in His Son. God already made the purchase with the sacrificed life of His risen Son, Who now sits at His right hand on His throne, giving power through His Spirit to all that placed their faith in Him to follow His Word. Surrendering to Jesus Christ disarms all tactics of hell that has trapped a person once he/she receives Him.

I hope this helps and leads you to spending time searching Him (common suggested reading for seeking God diligently is beginning in the gospel of John). And as you seek Him in His Word, speak to Him asking for a heart to receive this free grace. The book of John in the Bible will give several accounts that explain that grace available to you.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you seem to actually have done it for a breif moment, but don`t worry since there`s no heaven or hell anyways

This is a Christian board and your post would seem to be off message?

The Bible teaches a lot regarding Heaven and Hell.

Ones that love God love his Word.

Ones that don't don't.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Mental health issues are the same as any other health issue. If a person has a medical issue, the symptoms are plain to see and people understand that the person is unwell. But with mental health issues, the symptoms are harder to see, and many, including the person him or herself, have difficulty understand that it is a sickness just like any other.

The Scripture says that Jesus has not come to save people who are well, but as a Doctor to heal and save the sick. Therefore He has come to save and heal YOU!

There is nothing in the New Testament that says that Jesus will send any sick person to hell. The ones with the problems with God are those who think they are well and don't need Jesus as their Doctor and Saviour.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is nothing in the New Testament that says that Jesus will send any sick person to hell. The ones with the problems with God are those who think they are well and don't need Jesus as their Doctor and Saviour.

How about the ones that have not faith in Christ?

Or the sick ones that are not born again?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Often those of us with OCD feel like we want to promise something when we actually don't. We're master over-thinkers. It's not that easy to trade your soul, if it's even possible in the first place. You thought that because your brain was in anguish, and then your OCD made you feel like you actually wanted it. I know my saying that probably doesn't make you feel instantly better (because you have OCD and it never wants you to rest!), but try to trust that, and learn how to treat your OCD so that you can keep getting better over your current obsessions. Are you getting any sort of help for your OCD?

Upvote 0