• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Afraid have skin cancer/Melanoma

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i feel like the black spots on my body, on the back of my hands and feet.that keep popping up is Melanoma. Every time i look its a new black spots. Theyre small and pin Sized. Flat. Some irregular.

And yes ive made an apptfor a derm but theyre so booked.. I have to wait until the 29th of July to be seen ...

Then while changing I noticed a big brown splotch 2 of them across my back.

Idk what to do.

Im so afraid Im going to die... And soon veeyscared

Please someone give me some type of encouraging words. Im so lost. Rn i have baby that needs me

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i feel like the black spots on my body, on the back of my hands and feet.that keep popping up is Melanoma. Every time i look its a new black spots. Theyre small and pin Sized. Flat. Some irregular.

And yes ive made an apptfor a derm but theyre so booked.. I have to wait until the 29th of July to be seen ...

Then while changing I noticed a big brown splotch 2 of them across my back.

Idk what to do.

Im so afraid Im going to die... And soon veeyscared

Please someone give me some type of encouraging words. Im so lost. Rn i have baby that needs me
A dermatologist told me I should worry if a mole grows to larger than the diameter of a pencil eraser. If a mole changes size or color, it might be a problem. I had to cope with age spots. These are also called liver spots. I had a dermatologist remove an ugly one from my face. It was biopsied and identified as precancerous. You should see a dermatologist. If a melanoma mole is removed early enough, the patient is saved.

Age & Liver Spots: Symptoms, Causes, & Treatment - Toronto Dermatology Centre

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A dermatologist told me I should worry if a mole grows to larger than the diameter of a pencil eraser. If a mole changes size or color, it might be a problem. I had to cope with age spots. These are also called liver spots. I had a dermatologist remove an ugly one from my face. It was biopsied and identified as precancerous. You should see a dermatologist. If a melanoma mole is removed early enough, the patient is saved.

Age & Liver Spots: Symptoms, Causes, & Treatment - Toronto Dermatology Centre
Okay. Ita not the size of an eraser but still worried bc many pop up.

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I understand it, the vast majority of skin cancers are quite curable, if caught early. Get yourself to skin doctor asap. I do not think very many people die from skin cancer, though a few do.
Trying. Earliest xan go is july 29th

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay. Ita not the size of an eraser but still worried bc many pop up.
If you do tanning or work outdoors, you may be at risk. Exposure to sunlight or UV radiation can cause skin damage and skin cancer. Sunlight is used by the body to make vitamin D. Those who do not get exposure to sunshine, especially in winter months, you may need a vitamin D supplement. Vitamin D helps the body absorb and use calcium. Excessive supplementation with calcium increases risk of cardiovascular disease.

Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Be very sure to apply #50 sunscreen whenever you go outside! This is extremely important especially in your case.. I would not worry too much if you have an upcoming appointment that close.

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Be very sure to apply #50 sunscreen whenever you go outside! This is extremely important especially in your case.. I would not worry too much if you have an upcoming appointment that close.

You think thats soon? Like soon enough for no major changes to happen? Also how do i know when it's too late? How will i know if its caught early?

Upvote 0

Olivet

Oct 28, 2020
Cbcbc
✟13,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you do tanning or work outdoors, you may be at risk. Exposure to sunlight or UV radiation can cause skin damage and skin cancer. Sunlight is used by the body to make vitamin D. Those who do not get exposure to sunshine, especially in winter months, you may need a vitamin D supplement. Vitamin D helps the body absorb and use calcium. Excessive supplementation with calcium increases risk of cardiovascular disease.

I dont go out much which surprises me.

Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You think thats soon? Like soon enough for no major changes to happen? Also how do i know when it's too late? How will i know if its caught early?
If you keep the #50 sunscreen on when you go outside it slows down any damage tremendously. I know by experience. The sun's rays and ultraviolet light are a lot stronger than the we you used to be. I have even been burned a a lightly clouded day.

• Useful
Reactions: Olivet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I would recommend using natural ways to shade yourself from the sun if possible. Cover up, use a hat, stay in the shade, etc. A lot of sunscreens these days actually cause skin cancer. If you need sunblock, make sure it's a mineral sunscreen with no benzene in it. It may be more pricy, but at least you're not putting chemicals on your skin that could potentially exacerbate the risk of it getting worse.

Try not to worry about it too. I understand how difficult that is when you have little ones relying on you. Ask God to take the worry from you and who knows, maybe there'll be a cancellation and you can get in sooner. Like mentioned above, I wouldn't start freaking out about it unless it gets massive. Definitely make that appointment and hang in there until you can finally be seen. You're going to be alright :)

Upvote 0