keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yea, I'm familiar with Rules. Rugby Union man myself, but Aussie Rules is a fun game to watch.

One little bit, here in the states we usually get an edited version. Actually very well edited, it seamlessly cuts out the time from a score to the center bounce for example. But it seems sometimes they realize the edited version is going to end before the time slot, so they edit less. The result is they start showing the goal judge waving the flags. I swear (save perhaps for Grand Finals) the only time we see that in the U.S. is near the end of the period.

For years I thought it somehow related to the period running out. We get little help figuring out the game, no way I can give the fine points of when and how a player can be tackled. But this one was so funny once I finally figured it out. Might have helped if I had been to a game live and emotionally realized just how far away hte far end of the stadium was and that the fans down there want to be sure just what kind of score occured.

Upvote 0

Ruckhard82

Aug 12, 2009
✟8,004.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There's a few Aussies on the rugby club I play with, didn't fully understand the rules until they explained it to me. I'd personally like the see Americans take a look at sports outside of baseball and football, but I think what it really comes down to is ease of putting it on TV. Both baseball and football have constant stopping and starting, so it's easy to work in commerical breaks. I can't think of many other sports that work in the same way.

Upvote 0